• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Worst Rock Song?

Uh, doesn't exactly qualify as rock I think but the two worst songs in the world as far as I'm concerned are as follows:

Richard Harris's McArthur Park

I would agree with those as two of the very worst songs ever, lol.

I second "Macarthur Park"

What's everyone's feeling about the Donna Summer version of "Macarthur Park"?

It's almost just as bad. Compared to other African American singers, Donna just falls short...sometimes she's almost painful to listen too.

Damn, is that cake still out there in the rain?🙂

Now to come back to this......LOL

On another forum I'm a member of, someone posted that she saw a tv show on Richard Harris, and they discussed "McArthur Park", and it made her remember the Donna Summer version, and then made herself listen to it, and she loves it.

LOL

So everyone just has various opinions on songs.

Bungle in the Jungle rocks damn it...rocks rocks rocks..

Bumping to add my two cents.

Worst song EVER: "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John... it's flat, it's tinny, it's patently prurient is a puerile way, and the video reminds us of all that was wrong with '80s.

Close second: "Like A G6"... new song, can't remember the artist, but SO horrible.

If those don't meet your "rock'n'roll" definition, then I submit "Scar Tissue" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers... so joyless and every line in every verse has that annoying "Waahhhh" that descends in pitch. Cannot stand that song at all.

Jimmy Webb, one of Americas best song writers wrote MacArthur Park, it is a semi-autobiographical song based on a period in his life when he lost a great love. It is filled with symbolism. At the time he lived near MacArthur Park in LA and he and his love used to go there. In the song he is returning there alone after his love has gone, replaying in his mind where they went, what they did, mourning the loss of the relationship and wondering if he will ever love anyone as much or if this was the love of his life. People tend to take "someone left the cake out in the rain" too literally, it is just symbolic of something wonderful and sweet that has been destroyed because of neglect. The lyrics can be overly romantic and overwrought but it captures the way that the loss of love can be blown completely out of proportion by the person involved. Glen Campbell does a great interpretation of this song as well. I happen to like it, Bungle in the Jungle and Roxanne as well, which is a song about prostitution and a friend, perhaps a lover, telling her that she doesn,t have to do it anymore. You should hear it when Sting does it solo at the Secret Policemans Ball for Amnesty International, it,s fantastic! I was going to let this pass but I couldn,t. I guess it,s different strokes for different folks and by the way The Police always used a reggae rhythm along with bands like The Clash.

Last edited:
What's New

9/26/2024
The TMF Chatroom is always busy and its free1
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back