• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Writer's Block - it SUCKS!!!

Wooff!

TMF Novice
Okay, here's my problem. I want to contribute some tickling stories, but I can't really seem to get started on any of the ideas I have.

I'm really frustrated.

I don't think I'm lazy. I suppose I'm just scared of posting something and nobody cares because it sucks, and/or it's already been done before. That's my biggest concern.

Seems like every variation on the tickling thing have been done and done ad nauseam. I mean, how many times can one come up with a fresh version of "tickler tickles ticklee"?

I can't seem to commit myself to start or finish anything.

There are so many ideas and characters swimming in my imagination that I'm unable to sort anything into a story (short or otherwise) that I can post without feeling like "It's crap, unimaginative, been done before and better, and no one would want more of this.".

I think I need a muse, a gorgeous female muse with beautiful bare and ticklish feet (why do I suddenly think THAT story's been done already?).

Also, I don't trust my abilities. Not sure if I can avoid the classic pitfalls of bad writing (cliches, poor and inaccurate descriptions, laundry lists of character stats, overused plots and themes).

I feel like the best stuff has already been done, and there's not point in me trying to waste my time (and the time of the faithful readers) trying to create something that just a boing waste of web-space.

Mind you. I'm NOT giving up. I really do want to start posting some stories. But, I need help, I think.

Should I just shut up, buckle down and just do it?

Any other tickle writers here have the same troubles? Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for reading.

:banghead:

hey wooff! sorry to hear about your block, it's never fun when that happenes. to be fair, I tried my hand at story writing a few years back on another forum. and I can tell you first hand that you're going to get mixed feedback, it's almost guaranteed.

however, the thing you gotta look for is the positive and/or constructive feedback. sure, like you said, there's been endless numbers of stories out there. but you're always going to have your own twist to things, so technically anything that comes from you IS going to be original.

sorry for the wordy answer and the pep talk, but it's pretty much what I had to tell myself to get me to take what I had on my computer and put it on the web. I can guarantee that someone is going to like what you put out there, no matter how bad or cliche you think it is. hell, worst case, come find me and I'll give you another essay in response 😀

hope I helped rekindle that fire under your butt. get back to it! but take your time and don't rush, that's important too! good luck, my friend!

Thanks so much for the pep talk, Triple. 🙂

I'm having a difficult time trying to come up with something halfway original.

Guess I feel a bit intimidated by all the great stories here and elsewhere.

I put a lot of pressure on myself in order to create something worthy.

Perhaps I should take a breather.

Still, I just don't wanna end up writing something that could be an unknowing rip-off of someone else's work.

Again, thanks for the boost.

I would not worry so much about possibly ripping off a work without knowing. You are talking of tickling stories, and frankly, there is nothing original in that field. Simply write what you feel, and you if are satisfied with it personally, then call it complete. Troubling your own mind over what has already been written will only leave you understanding that it has all been written before.

no worries! I think as long as you put a good amount of effort into it and feel satisfied with the finished product, it's not going to matter even if some people don't like it.

not to mention that most people around here tend to be pretty nice, so should you manage to copy someone's stuff, they might just get back to you and be like "hey, I wrote something similar, but I like what you did with X and Y."

always hope for and work toward the best! and that's coming from a pessimist, so you know I mean business with that one, haha 🙂

crap, looks like bella beat me to it and even put it more eloquently than I...but yes, what she said 🙂

I would not worry so much about possibly ripping off a work without knowing. You are talking of tickling stories, and frankly, there is nothing original in that field. Simply write what you feel, and you if are satisfied with it personally, then call it complete. Troubling your own mind over what has already been written will only leave you understanding that it has all been written before.

True.

Perhaps I have a desire to stand out from the crowd, and/or just get some attention. Immature, really.

I really want to give, but I don't feel I can give anything that hasn't been done.

Uggh! There I go again. That annoying circular logic of mine that keeps me from getting stuff done.

I know I'm not the first guy to go through this.

Thanks for the advice, Bella.

You are talking of tickling stories, and frankly, there is nothing original in that field.

Now, hold it. I think I had some original work! lol.

But in all seriousness, Bella DOnna was quite right. Write what you feel.

I don't care whether people rip on my stuff. I'm a creator, gotta create.

Stop sweating the small stuff, it'll age you fast.

And write man...I want to see what you make.

Stop sweating the small stuff, it'll age you fast.

And write man...I want to see what you make.

Thanks, Journia. I'll try to cook up something. Just hope someone will like enough to want more. After all, positive responses are the best one can get from a story. Especially since no one's getting paid to write.

Again, thanks.

I can't seem to commit myself to start or finish anything.

This is why I never finish any story that I try to write. That, and I often imagine a scene that happens chronologically later on in the story, think "Oh, that's so cool!" and end up getting frustrated that I'm not catching the story up to that climatic event quickly enough.

It is also difficult to avoid stereotypes, archetypes, and tropes, but look at it this way:

No matter how good something is, there's always going to be somebody who hates it.

I find that encouraging, believe it or not.

Try this approach:
Treat the tickling as incidental to the story. I think that many of us into this fetish have a tendency to make the tickling the "Epic Focus" to our fictions and fantasies. It's natural, of course. Most of us go "Sproing!" at the mere mention of the word! So tickling is (more often than not) the big payoff to our stories.

But more and more, I'm beginning to think that tickling is at it's best when it's just that random moment(however prolonged) in the piece, instead of the prime objective.

Thanks, folks, for all the helpful advice.

I've cooled down a bit since yesterday.

Guess it's time to stop carping and get back on the damn horse, eh?
🙂

What's New

9/19/2024
The TMF Archives hold colections of our communities creators work, take a look!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back