• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

WWE "Breaking Point" PPV...Innovation or a Cheap Rip-Off of TNA's "Lock Down" ?

Jason Reborn

Level of Triple Diamond Feather
WWE "Breaking Point" PPV...Innovation or a Cheap Rip-Off of TNA's "Lock Down" ?

WWE has a "new" themed PPV called "Breaking Point" 2 weeks from this Sunday. Reason for the name is that all matches will be under the rules of a "submission match" ( a match that can only be won by one of the individuals involved giving up or "tapping out" ). Here's my take on the subject...

It's a CHEAP RIP-OFF OF TNA PPV "LOCKDOWN"! Lockdown is a themed PPV that TNA came up with years before in which all matches will be inside a steel cage, ending with the infamous "Leathal Lockdown" match where the top of the cage is adorned with weapons (ie chairs, chains, street signs, cooking sheets, barbed wire...) that can and ultimately be used by any 1 of the 10 men involved. I think it's a cheap rip-off, but my opinion isn't always the same as another person's. So I ask all the pro wrestling fans here in TMF...is it a rip-off or is it an innovative idea?

Its a cheap rip off...the WWE hasn't had a good idea of its own in a decade

I'm not sure if it's a ripoff. Every match won't be submission, only the main events. They're having a Hell in a Cell PPV next month. That would seem closer to a ripoff. But everybody copies something.

And I'd consider Money in the Bank to be a good idea that WWE had within the last ten years and TNA copied that.

If we want to be technical, WCW created "Uncensored", where every match had some sort of ridiculous stipulation. Technically, every "Theme Match" PPV since then has been a copy. I'm sure there were even others before that, but I don't recall them at the moment.

I'm intrigued by the concept of an all-submission PPV. I will not be the slightest bit interested in an all Cell one, just as Lockdown holds little appeal.

And now they've reportedly changed the December PPV from Armageddon to Tables Ladders and Chairs. That's the fourth PPV to have it's name changed by WWE this year.

I don't like the idea of themed PPVs, at least as it only consists of one match type. Why would I want to watch every match under the exact same stipulation? Boring.

I don't like the idea of themed PPVs, at least as it only consists of one match type. Why would I want to watch every match under the exact same stipulation? Boring.

I don't mind themed PPV's, but they're creating too many. I think the submission one is a great idea. We'll see how the others go.

Well it seems that Breaking Point will never see the light of day again. I think they canned that concept.

I rather watch paint dry then WWE I learned when I was 12 that stuff is fake.

best themed ppv ever..... fall brawl featuring war games.... TNA needs to pick up that idea

Fall Brawl was an alright ppv, but it pails in comparison to that of WCW Starcade and WWE Wrestlemania

I rather watch paint dry then WWE I learned when I was 12 that stuff is fake.

NOOOOOOOOO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DANG IT! DANG IT! DANG IT! NOOOOOOOOOOO!! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!! NOOOOO!! LIAR!!!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? YOU MEAN WRESTLING IS FAKE???!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DANG IT! DANG IT! DANG IT! NOOOOOOOOOOO!! I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!! NOOOOO!! LIAR!!!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? YOU MEAN WRESTLING IS FAKE???!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Wrestling is not ALL fake. It's MOSTLY fake. The matches are staged. The promos and storylines are the works of dozens of writters and producers. The punches are open-handed and not closed fist as it looks. But the hazards are real. You can get hurt if the moves are not done properly.

I wouldnt say its a rip off, more or less a disappoinment of a PPV. When TNA does themed PPVs, they at least stick to i.e. Lockdown where all matches are inside a steel cage.

WWE does Hell in a Cell where two matches are inside Hell in a Cell, and every other match is...a match. Money in the Bank is a match not a ppv, TLC is a match not a ppv. If you want to make it a ppv make all the titles TLC matches and make all other matches chair or table matches.

I wouldnt say its a rip off, more or less a disappoinment of a PPV. When TNA does themed PPVs, they at least stick to i.e. Lockdown where all matches are inside a steel cage.

WWE does Hell in a Cell where two matches are inside Hell in a Cell, and every other match is...a match. Money in the Bank is a match not a ppv, TLC is a match not a ppv. If you want to make it a ppv make all the titles TLC matches and make all other matches chair or table matches.

:iagree: with Lonestar327

What's New

9/20/2024
Clips4Sale offers the most tickling clips in one place on the entire web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back