• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

X-Files or Coast to Coast AM?

Slaver123

TMF Master
Is one riding on the others' coat-tails? Does X-Files owe its success to Art Bell or vice versa? (Or neither?) I completely missed the X-Files while it was on, and was a late-comer to Coast as well (started listening the year before George Noory took over)...

Some of Coast's recent show topics include;

Forbidden Indian Archaeology
UFOs
Time Travel
Foreclosuregate
Hostage Negotiations
Demons
Teleportation
EMF

I love this stuff. Do you believe in any of these things or not? (the paranormal/conspiracy stuff, I don't mean the hostage negotiations)

If you're "hooked" like me, how did you get "hooked"? (For me it was the Dean Koontz interview about 'Shadow People')

Art is more for the paranormal and natural events. George has a habit of inserting ET in every conversation. He had an obsession with 2012 until an article said the calenders were off by as much as 100 years. That kinda took some air out of 2012.

My wife and I always listen to Art Bell's 'Ghost to Ghost' on Halloween night and his year-end predictions shows (two of them on December 30th and 31st).

Ha! Coast-To-Coast... where no theory is too far out there. I gotta admit to rolling my eyes everytime I catch part of it. No disrespect meant towards those who love it, but it's just a little too... bizarre for me.

Art is more for the paranormal and natural events. George has a habit of inserting ET in every conversation. He had an obsession with 2012 until an article said the calenders were off by as much as 100 years. That kinda took some air out of 2012.

My wife and I always listen to Art Bell's 'Ghost to Ghost' on Halloween night and his year-end predictions shows (two of them on December 30th and 31st).

What!?! The Mayan calendar is innacurate? Hadn't heard that- seriously I'm shocked even though I never thought it meant the end of the world-

The Mayans were brilliant astronomers and engineers, way ahead of their time; I'm really shocked to hear their calendar is off by as much as a century in so "short" a time. I could see it being off by days or even months...but a CENTURY?!?

How do I get a Doctorate in Crypto-Zoology?

You can't get a doctorate in it. It's an unofficial field.

The Mayans were brilliant astronomers and engineers, way ahead of their time; I'm really shocked to hear their calendar is off by as much as a century in so "short" a time. I could see it being off by days or even months...but a CENTURY?!?

Actually, it's not that they were off. It's that the calendar system we use does not match up with the one they used, and so, in our opinion it seems off, as such, our mathematicians and scientists screamed, "Fuck it!" and tossed the books off the table.

And now, in twenty-twelve, there will be a cataclysm.

Just 'cuz they said fuck it.

'cuz that's how Karma rolls.

I thought Cataclysm was released on December 7th. Who knows, I never liked World of Warcraft.

I still hope 2012 will be the "awakening" mankind needs and not the cataclysm.

November 2012: "This just in - the Palin/Beck ticket has won enough electoral votes to be elected President and Vice-President of the United States!"

Sorry, only kidding!

Cataclysm to one is a Rennaissance to another.

Our world is evil, and so a cataclysm to it is an awakening from ignorance to the good.

End of the World? Maybe, maybe not.
Many cultures believed in eras or epochs. Would the Mayan Calender be just the end of an era?
If you noticed, Noory hasn't mentioned 2012 for awhile. Odd thing, Bell isn't doing the both nights of 2011 predictions show. Ian Punnett is doing the them. Could be Art Bell is finally 'retired'?

November 2012: "This just in - the Palin/Beck ticket has won enough electoral votes to be elected President and Vice-President of the United States!"

Sorry, only kidding!

"This just in- the Al Franken/Keith Olberman ticket has won enough electoral votes..."

(I can't even finish the sentence, not even as a joke. I've said for a while now that America's Doomsday epitaph will read "Three Words: Senator Al Franken")

Cataclysm to one is a Rennaissance to another.

Our world is evil, and so a cataclysm to it is an awakening from ignorance to the good.

I have so many problems with that statement I don't know where to begin. First, I'd like to know how anybody can say such a thing and look at themselves in the mirror. Wishing the death of millions/billions of people rather than helping them is evil.

Second, mass genocide that doesn't wipe out humanity is a temporary fix that won't actually solve anything. Rebooting humanity just throws our technology back hundreds of years, it doesn't propel our philosophy forward. Mainly, because people will be too busy struggling to survive like tribal apes to sit around and contemplate all the things that went wrong, and how to fix them. If you want to change the way people look at the world, you teach them. When I look at history, and compare the advantages that spreading knowledge brings vs. butchering people, it's quite clear.

Last edited:
What's New

9/25/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum, and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back