• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Yahoo Password Stealing Scheme

MistressValerie1

Administrator
Hi, everyone,

I was recently advised (by a victim of this scheme) about a Yahoo account password stealing scam.

You may receive a message spammed on Instant Messenger, asking you to click a link: http://my******11.netfirms.com (URL obfuscated by me). This site will then ask for your Yahoo ID and password.

Do not, under any circumstances, sign in at that page. If you already have signed in to it, please change your Yahoo password immediately.

I do not believe this is a hoax. If I hear anything else about it, I will post an update.

Best regards,

Last edited:
Thanks, Missy Val! Password schemes are very easy to fall for since people do such a good job at mimicking logon screens. I mean, who really checks the URL of logon screens every time they're on one? I fell for one once but thankfully I caught my mistake quickly.

This is a follow-up to my first post.

A bit of checking on Yahoo Search showed that a site called **hijackcrackhack.netfirms.com is hosted by Netfirms, the same domain that was included in the spam IM solicitation we received. Netfirms.com appears to be a hacker/cracker domain -- a Yahoo search using the terms "yahoo messenger password steal netfirms" revealed about 200 listings. Many of these were advertisements for hacker tools, hosted by Netfirms.com.

This convinces me that the threat posed by the original spammed URL is legitimate.

Stay safe,

MistressValerie said:
This convinces me that the threat posed by the original spammed URL is legitimate.

Moral: Never give nobody nothing! (Poor grammar intended.)

What's New

9/24/2024
Clips4Sale is where to be for the webs largest fetish clip selection!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back