• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Background History - Morean Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamos

Level of Lemon Feather
Overview.

Morean Empire is over 15 centuries old, and spans over 3000 miles, from sunrise to sunset.
It hosts well over 5.000.000 inhabitants - a respectable figure, considering 1.000.000 alone reside in its first and foremost city, Morea.

Morean Empire is a complex, multi-ethnic reality, made up of several different kingdoms and countries.

Its core is based in the Talanic Peninsula.
From there, Morean Legions spread over Aygomen, the known world, and progressively conquered it, in about 10 centuries.

History - Talanic Republic.

Aygosian colonists settled Talanic Peninsula about a century after the kinslaying Ayros War.
They named it Talanis after their leader, Talas T'on Aygos.

Talanic traders slowly spread and founded new settlements.
Morea was founded by its eponymous hero and first ruler: Moras T'on Talanis.

Morea outgrew and finally conquered back Talanis, about 242 I.R.
It never stopped expanding and conquering lands.

History - Morean Republic.

By 463 I.R. Talanic Peninsula was firmly under Morean rule.

In 607 I.R. Morea finally overcame Vaenyc fleet superiority, and besieged its capital city, Karkydna.

By 585 I.R. Morea effectively ruled over the Inner Sea.

History - Bloody Wars.

Expansion came at a stiff price: in 364 I.R. Althwyran Kaynowels razed Morea overnight.
Moreans rebuilt and never forgot the slight.

In 699 I.R. a Morean Magister Militum, Kayzar T'on Jaros tried to conquer Althwyr, and worm his way in Morean Senate, the Geramorea.

He failed, betrayed by Althwyran guides.
An Altwyran Kathwyr, a chieftain, Welgyn W'er Geltwyr, outfought and outwitted Morean Legions times and times again.

Geramorea sent in fresh troops, under Lithwyn Karath's and Kaynos Makonos's command.
Leaving subtleties behind, they mercilessly crushed the opposition.
By 705 I.R. Althwyr was a Morean Province.

Kayzar's sacrifice deeply moved Morean populance, and prompted Geramorea to create what later became the Imperial Cult.

Auxiliary Troops from Khatadum, the Kathic Thanates, currently act as a police force [some say an occupation army], keeping the rebels in check.

History - Sacred Empire of Morean.

In 1066 I.R. Geramorea created a second imperial capital, to support conquest eastward.
Bisanthium became the imperial capital, and it was renamed Maxiamorea, to celebrate Emperor Maxian T'on Aygyros.

Later, Emperor Deykos T'on Aykles reworked the twin rulers mechanism into a refined diarchy.
No menace, from outside or inside, could shake Empire ever after.

In 1565 I.R. a feud sparkled over succession in East Morea.
Locals called it the Galthari War.

Geramorea is waiting rebel forces to dwindle, before sending in imperial troops and appointing a new Emperor.

Between 705 I.R. and 1575 I.R. Morea survived crisis over crisis; it shrugged off threats that would have torn lesser countries apart.
Geramores dismiss Galthari War as a simple border strife. It will die out, they claim.
Eventually.

Economy and Culture.

Morean Empire is a complex, multi-levelled structure; subject countries serve as specialized servants to the Empire's foremost city: Morea.

As a figure of speech, provinces are usually likened to organs: they work and bring nourishment to the beating heart.
In turn, heart sends in its lifeblood, law and order, by means of its Legions, to keep provinces safe from foreign threats - and local unrest.

Feared and admired, Legions effectively are Empire's muscles. Emperors lead the Legions, and thanks to their sacred aura, bring them to victory.

Empire's thinking brain lies within the Senate: affluent gentry makes up the Geramorea. It influences politics, guides expansion, and advise Emperors.
Senate effectively steers Morean Empire; foolish is the ruler that ignores Geramorean guidelines.

Religion is a state affair: Morean citizens are deeply religious. They worship a pantheon of assorted gods and deities; chief patron Numina are Kwyris, Deyos
and Arethys.

They believe in Omina - omens - and sometimes offer small sacrifices - food or tithes - to receive a blessing, or stave off bad luck.
Morean calendar is full of Fas and Nefas, lucky and unlucky, days.
Whole wars are planned by prophecies.

Morean Sacerdotes wield a great power, second only to Geramorea.
Not surprisingly, Sacerdotes are divided into different, specialized priesthoods.
Each deity as a full hierarchy of novices, initiates, lower and higher ranking priests.

Empire's foremost religious orders are the Aruspices and the Pontefices.
Aruspices draw Omina, and predict Fas and Nefast Dies. Pontefices watch over state religion, and ordain lesser priests.

A secret order, made up of Aygosian Sacerdotes only, is rumored to exist.
They reputedly watch over heresy within the Empire and punish unsactioned practice of the Arcane Art.

Major Cities.

Talanic capital and foremost imperial city, Morea counts over 1.000.000 inhabitants.
About half of them are slaves and freedmen.
It is the most densely populated city of the Empire, sprawling over a 40 miles radius area.

Tharagyan capital and foremost imperial port, Bisanthium is the second largest imperial city, at 500.000 inhabitants.
About as large as Morea, it is less overcrowded nevertheless.
Bisanthi delicacies are especially prized in Morea.

Karkydna and Aygyros comprise the Empire's main granary.
Together, they are in the neighbourhood of 250.000 inhabitants.

Aygos and its archipelagos probably reach 250.000 as well.
They constitute the cultural nucleus of the Empire.
Aygosian wine is much sought after, too.

Althwyr and Hybetia barely reach 100.000.
Maybe 200.000, counting in every single Deyos forsaken hamlet.
More a liability than an asset, these rebellious provinces nonetheless provide Morea with excellent beverages, livestock and, on occasions, fierce slaves for the Arena.

Last edited:
Maps.

- Aygomen - Morean Empire.

Attachments

• K.Aygomen.01.lo.jpg
    K.Aygomen.01.lo.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back