• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Day 2- three days to opening

"They normally take in volunteers--" and those indebted to Featherby and Barnes-- "and assign them a place in the lineup during one of the tickling segments between acts. However ... I could offer you a bit more publicity." She began brainstorming various ways to fit him into her act. "If I was your tickler, you'd receive a good bit more attention, and I could likely get your name announced." The crowds were accustomed to and expecting the tickling displays, but she did not believe they had ever seen much in the way of theatric tickling.

Alex mulled over what Ermosi was suggesting. It would definately get his name announced but he wasn't quite sure how this idea would gain him employment as simply being a volunteer. Risks were sometimes needed though in order to gain what one wanted. Plus, from what he understood, having him volunteer meant she would go to the managers on his behalf. He didn't know what she had in mind for him, but his own mind began making plans of his own. Hopefully this endevour would be mutually beneficial.

Finally he gulped and nodded offering a small smile. "If you think this would help my chances of becoming a permanent member of the roster, then I willingly accept." He wasn't sure if it would work...but desperate times called for desperate measures...

What was the most friendly, cordial exclamation she could possibly use? "Simply exuberant," she said with the smile of a salesman and extended her hand. "I can't guarantee that this will be your big leap into performing magic, but it's the best way to get close to the managers I can offer you."

(Carnivore, let's just move to another scene. Beiseker can catch up if and when he comes back)

Marcy had hurriedly assembled his clothes onto his slender form and made off unseen by the bathers. His slippers were only half on his feet, the heels of each slapping loudly with every step he made on the footpath back to the campgrounds.
He wore a large mauve shirt, hanging from either shoulder as clothes were wont to do on a figure so narrow as his, and a pair of dark gray tights, in addition to the little white slippers he was finally pausing to adjust upon reaching the edge of the camp.

His hair was still wet, clinging at his brow and cheeks while laying chaotically in curls around his neck and and skull. There was a damp silhouette in his shirt defining the contours of his body despite the largeness of the garment by comparison. His tights were just dark enough to avoid being transparent as they clung tightly to his damp legs and buttocks, the latter of which was concealed by the shirt though outlined in the watery silhouette beneath it.

Alex gave a weak smile in return and politely yet firmly shook hands. He didn't know if agreeing to a tickling would be considered "exhuberant" by any means. He supposed it all depended on your point of view. However, the handshake had already occured and by Labaryinian custom, that was as good as signing a contract. There was no backing out of it now.

The camp was becoming more active as the day went on. He could hear people start to muddle about the camp. After hearing an unusual slapping sound, he found the source and witnessed a rather skinny looking person making their way across the field. But his mind soon drifted again as he began imagining plans for his soon to be constructed props. He glanced over at his business associate and gave her the once over. To have her captive in the saw in half box would indeed be a treat. That was another custom of the Labaryn...you can't have an action without a reaction. He would indeed go through with Erimosi's plans...but in time, she would agree to his. He smiled to himself and resumed his conversation. "Fair enough, I can make myself known otherwise by my own means. When should I expect to hear from you?"

("Carnivore, let's just move to another scene. Beiseker can catch up if and when he comes back"
I'm still here, just nothing to say. I'm the last one that wrote anything in my part of the plot. Well I'll probably get out of the water and build a new scene for me when I'll have some time.)

Last edited:
Her approach would largely be determined by the amount of chips held by each of them. While she would have enjoyed using her position to make him come to her if he wanted to hear from her, she, being practically cautious, felt that she was the one eating out of his hand, if anything, so she would be overpolite. "I'll try to find you as soon as I know anything. When will you be around?" Regardless how polite she intended to be, however, she had requirements. "You'd better be here on opening day."

That slapping sound soon captured her notice as well. It was making concentration difficult.

(at the risk of a slight discontinuity, I'm going to re-set Isis back into the fray, dry and normal. Hopefully I'll turn around my track record of starting things that seem to end abruptly.)

Isis strolled across the campgrounds absent-mindedly, feeling a bit bored. She wandered past the strong Phauxnorse putting things up, as well as a small but growing crowd of Aygomen. Those always seemed to stop and stare as she walked past. She supposed she looked a little out of place, a black speck on a tan canvas. Still, none of them seemed interested in talking or introducing themselves, so she continued her stroll. There was a restlessness to her walk, as if she were looking for something but could not put her finger on what it was.

She stopped in the middle of an open area and stretched lazily, revealing her tall stature compared to the others. Well, the ones that weren't phauxnorse. It was then that she noticed the Eboniaan man from earlier, loudly padding around in sopping wet clothes. For some reason he had had no access to a towel of dry clothing, resulting in him looking rather ridiculous. The loud slapping of his wet slippers made her giggle at the silliness of it.

Off to her side, she noticed the shabby magician from the other night. He seemed to be talking rather intently with a tall and maybe even shabbier dressed woman. Isis looked back and forth between her two recent acquaintances, and wondered if she should wave or come over to either of them. She didn't know them well at all, and the other Eboniaan seemed to want nothing to do with her earlier. And it might be rude to interrupt the magician in the middle of his conversation. Isis stood there, quite easy to see as her tall frame stood above the sparse crowd, her black skin and bright yellow clothing a stark contrast to the earth tones all around her. She was obvious enough to notice as she pondered what, if anything, to do next.

"You'd better be here on opening day." Alex noted the tone of voice change once again, but decided to let it slide. Instead he replied, "That will be up to the management I'm afraid. If they see me as a vagabond or inconvenience they will surely chase me out. But I will do what I can." Alex once again looked eagerly towards the forest line then back to Erimosi, assuring her he would do his best to be by the circus tents before the show opened.

Having completed their business for the time being, he bid her a good day and began hurrying across the field towards the woods. He had hoped he wouldn't have to tread to far in before finding the appropriate wood for construction. He decided to pass by as closely to people and tents as he dared to see if they had any tools in their possession. Hopefully they would be willing to share if he managed to get the tobacco from town in time. Changing direction he headed towards what was now known as the staff camps and hoped no-one would consider him an intruder as he passed, stealing glances around the area for any signs of wood working tools...

Sooner or later everyone had to work at least for a bit. Piotr was asked yesterday to reaper a cupboard, there was no hurry because no one needed it before the crew arrived, but it was better to be over with it.
The leg broke horizontally, so new had to been done. Better not to ask what they did with it to make it crack like that. He heard it was some kind of an argument between the owners, or directors, the versions weren't consistent.
For Piotr it wasn't a problem, he liked working with wood, and as long it had to take he was visibly working są people didn't bothered him with other jobs. He sat with it before his own tent preferring to work a bit aside, still at sight.

Last edited:
(what's all this sitting around, you two? XD go forth and be productive, or i'll sick Katarina on you!)
Marcy took a moment or two longer to catch his breath before proceeding toward the vendor's camp. He wasn't particularly hungry, but the cooking fires would stave off his dampened cold and perhaps aid him in drying his clothes.
The vendor's camp was some distance from the center of the main camp, a tent canvas erected to keep the construction dust out of the food. There were also a few unfettered pickets staked in the ground to keep the animals away from the stands for obvious sanitary reasons. Still, the trek from center camp to the small village of brightly colored stands was interrupted by his sight of a rather familiar eboniaan woman...

("what's all this sitting around, you two? XD go forth and be productive, or i'll sick Katarina on you!"
Do not throw a threat you don't actually want to keep. ;)
I'm sitting there for one illusionist looking for tools.)

(Now now, lets not get hasty. No need to sic a giant on my poor humble character. She's just looking for an opportunity to present itself. Looks like one has, I suppose)

Isis made eye contact with her sopping kinsman, and flashed him a warm grin. Noticing each other was all the excuse she needed to saunter up to the fellow. As she did, calmly and coolly, she wondered where the man was off to that he had to go there dripping wet.

As she reached him, she eyed his clothing quizzically. "We meet again." she said to him conversationally, for some reason quick to befriend him. "I'm surprised to see another of my kind in these parts. Up until now I'd thought we were rarer than precious jewels! Are you another rarity, or was I wrong?"

As Isis spoke, her gaze lingered on the wet clothing. Despite the mystery of another Eboniaan, her curiosity couldn't wait on this either. "And why are you all wet? Can't find your towel? Or maybe you enjoy the feeling?" She grinned at the thought of the man constantly wandering around soaking. The idea tickled her fancy. Speaking of… she grasped the wet clothing between thumb and forefinger. The idea was to feel the wetness of his clothing, but she also managed so repeatedly but softly pinch his side in the process. The action, while only slightly intentional, was something she was also aware of, as her gaze flitted between the shirt and the man's face.

After saying her goodbyes, Erimosi went off in search of solitude and quiet--abundantly available resources--for a number of reasons. Firstly, she would be spending the majority of her idle time compulsively polishing her plans for the magician, identifying overlooked considerations, etc.; secondly, especially being that she intended to alter it, it couldn't have done any harm to start rehearsing her act. She located herself a woodsy area some distance away from the campsite, and, for quite some time, she kept to herself and did these things. It was not until the sun began to fall that she was again seen.

(My apologies for not posting for a few days. In all honesty, I was just a bit depressed. Feeling chipper now.)

(I'm an evil bitch. XD Erratic, don't sweat it. A post per week is plenty for the present pace of the game)

Marcy took a more relaxed pose as they made direct eye contact, hiding all trace of embarrassment behind a boyish bravado as she approached.
"Why, if it isn't the peeping Tom. Or what should one call a peeping Tom who is a woman; Thomette? I suppose your actual name will have to do."

"We meet again! I'm surprised to see another of my kind in these parts. Up until now I'd thought we were rarer than precious jewels! Are you another rarity, or was I wrong?" She said cordially.
"Rarity? No, I'm afraid my name is Marcy; though perhaps Rarity would suit me well for a stage name someday." As she continued to inquire about his present damp state, he realized her to be a rather fast talker. "If I could dry as quickly as the inquiries loose from your tongue, I should find myself quite parched by now." He teased.

"I hadn't much time for a towel escaping with my...as you call them, 'secrets' unrevealed. You must be quite the popular woman to have so many bathing partners." He was attempting to shift some of the embarrassment in her favor, though they were both apparently very bold and assertive creatures at the moment. Though his bravado was for show, he hadn't any clue as to where she was mustering such confidence.
While he pondered this, he noticed her fingers gingerly grasping the excess fabric of his shirt before drawing nearer his actual torso to grab at his abdomen.
"Oh!" he gasped, suppressing a small shriek. He reflexively stepped back, grasping her hand with surprisingly gentle fingers and feigning a bow and a courtly handshake.
"It's not enough to peep, then? You feel you must make a physical inquiry as well?"
Katarina noticed the woman from last night skulking off into the shadows from which she'd emerged after engaging her magician (she was oddly possessive of him as of late) in a long, though apparently secretive conversation. She was decidedly averted to anyone who did not readily introduce themselves, and decided that she must have something to hide--worst of all, something to gain through use of her magician. But for now her hands were full with erecting the main stage, and having had to skip her bath for the pond being too populous before, she was in sour enough spirits.

Alex had, had a very productive day. After successfully finding some wood in the forest suitable for his needs, he had marked a trail using an old Labaryinian clan sign barely noticable to the Aygomen eye. This way he would easily find his way back for more lumber if needed. Treking to the city with renewed energy from his find was also prosperous as he had managed to trade his coins for tobacco. Of course using his higher ranged vocal chords to help persuade the vendor he was making a profit from Alex had helped his cause greatly.

Now back at camp, he had managed to find some friendly labourers willing to share their wood working tools with the new comer and he was busy fashioning his box for the saw a person in half trick. The going was tough but with determination and friendly advice from the other workers, the box was finally starting to take shape and the hidden tricks within were starting to get pieced together.

He was sweating like a pig when he finally had the main parts fashioned and ready for use. The details could be finished up quickly later on. He decided after a quick dip in the nearby pond to cool down, he would begin getting his face seen around the office wagons in hopes of talking with someone who could offer him employment. He figured with the stroke of good luck he had with his other ventures, that his chances were better now then to wait much longer...

"So what've we go in way of talent around here?" One of the managers groaned from behind a cigar, rubbing her temples as she fidgeted through a desk strewn with papers. Her subordinate replied,
"Well we have our acrobats, a few clowns, and the menagerie. That trick rider we hired has yet to appear by rail or by letter; we haven't the slightest idea where he's gotten to. But his money stays with us until the first performance, as agreed; and for the better given his absence. I've heard some rumor around the camp that some local talent has begun to flock to the campsite. A magician, I think. And an exotic dancer, whatever that means. Have we room for two more acts?"

"Room? Space is the one thing we do have unfortunately; it's an audience we're lacking. Especially with our foreigner missing. See if you can't track them down and get them to the office so we can fill some time between acts. I'll get on the phone with the main office and see if we don't have some musicians on retainer."

Last edited:
Isis was a bit chagrinned to be accused of peeping. Were her black skin able to blush, it might have. She was also surprised as he gentlemanly took her hand and bowed. Caught off guard by that and the accusation, she allowed her hand to be taken, and a sheepish grin took her face. "Ah… well. I didn't mean to stare at you like that. I just woke up and saw you there, and well…" she trailed off, hoping the half explanation would suffice.

"My name is Isis. Isis Blackside. Pleased to meet you Marcy. I haven't seen another of us since I came to Aygomenia. Maybe I miss the company of kin a bit too much. I've had to try and make friends with all sorts of folk, as you've noticed!" Isis wouldn't let the fellow badger her for enjoying a swim with friends! The incident really wasn't anything more than that. After all, he was the one skinny dipping! "You're quite the proper fellow, aren't you? At least when you're not doing the nude backstroke!"

"And while you mention it, I don't HAVE to make a… 'physical inquiry,' as you call it. But it sounded like a fun idea at the time. After all, to really understand something you have to feel it with your own bark! At least, that's what my family always used to say." Talking with another Eboniaan brought back memories of her island home. The warm summers, saplings running around, elders rooted in place… while the nostalgia had its moments, there was a reason she had come so far from the place. Old sayings and old memories weren't as desirable as the new and exciting.

"I'm the youngest of my lot; manners are a must." he said with a shrug. "You strike me as a middle child, from your brazen curiosity and sense of humor. Am I wrong?" He couldn't let her take the offensive now. "And never you mind my 'nude backstroke'; you of all the people here should know the importance of a proper eboniaan bath!"

As he gestured, his wet sleeve sloshed over his hand, taking away some of its finesse but his intentions were still implied. Changing the subject to something personal, he decided it would be best to neither attack nor defend for the moment and instead focus on neutrality. If anything else, it would provide him fodder for later offensives, though he would have to offer up something personal in exchange.
"So where are you from; I don't think I recognize your accent? Somewhere exotic and sunny I bet, by your height; the Aygomenian southlands don't do much for stature." He waved a hand as if presenting himself as a prime example. As he spoke, his hands seemed to be in a perpetual wave, varying in in tide as if the inflections of his voice were their gravitation. Perhaps this was to prevent any more unceremonious pokes, but it was more from habit of regularly conversing with women than anything. "Do you mind if we walk and talk though? I was on my way to get something to eat; you're of course welcome to join me."

"Ha! Either you're very perceptive, or you guess well!" Isis laughed at the wet man's guesses. "I'm a middle child of a large family, yes. And it's definitely a sunny place. I come from one of the islands in the Kriy Archipelago. The warmest isle there is run by our kind, you may have heard of it? It's where Aygomenia gets its sugarcane. It's about all we trade, really." The conversation drifted again to old memories of home. The slow traditions of Eboniaans. The boredom of only seeing her kind every day, even though there was so much else to see.

"I suppose it does make us tall. I had just thought you grew up in shade! Oh, and of course I can't fault you for bathing! I make sure to keep my skin as smooth as possible, I for one am definitely not turning to bark!" Isis said, holding her head high as a point of pride, her hands on her hips. It made her want to compare how soft Marcy's skin was, but the way he moved his arms about there seemed to be little opportunity to get a good feel. Ah well, she could be patient.

"Of course, I wouldn't keep you! I'd love to join you, it'd be good to eat somewhere civil for a change. I feel as though I've been on the road for ages!" She walked next to him, still eyeing him curiously. Perhaps the cloudy weather here explained his androgynous physique, too. The poor tree would be a bit of a runt back home. Not that Isis minded in the least. There was a joy in being a head above everyone around her. All but those phauxnorse, that is. And meeting them was also a fun new thing.

"Well I wasn't born in the southlands. Far from it actually. On the continent as a matter of fact. And I've never been much for geography, but I do know the name 'Kriy Tropics Rum' rather well." He hopped up onto a railing and walked beside the beaten path with his arms still waving on either side of him. "I'm not sure how civil our fair carnival fare is, but I suppose its better than nothing. And more often than not its free to performers and workmen. "

"But as I was saying, the Continent. I don't really know where on it, but they found me on a timber barge wailing my head off when I was just a sapling. My family had been lying dormant for days on that barge, dying of thirst, all three or four generations in-barked and unable to move--back then it was perfectly natural for a tree not to move. So, when they finally acknowledged us as more than wood-pulp fodder and future furniture, they relocated us to some southland colony with a lot of immigrants."
He noticed his new acquaintance become suddenly quiet, and standing on one foot pivoted to face her from his impromptu tight rope.

"You're staring; have I something on my back?"

"I'm afraid I'm not much of a performer or a worker. I'm a merchant, if anything. I suppose I'll have to scrape up enough coin to gain admission to see the strange sights everyone keeps bragging about." Isis said wistfully. Truth be told, money wasn't something that exactly grew on this tree lately. While she wasn't in danger of starvation… luxurious had been few and far between. She might have to just listen from outside the tents, if need be, despite all the wondrous things they may be doing in there! Isis shook her head to keep the fantasies from running wild and raising her hopes.

"So you've been away from your kind your entire life? We're a study in opposites, this is the first time I've been separated from Eboniaan company. If we've ever a need for such company, I suppose we can always find each other. I'm surprised you learned how to keep from barking without the lessons of elders." Isis thought of all the things she had learned. Who would she be if she hadn't learned them? And what did this fellow learn instead? Clearly something.

She realized she had watched him too long again, turning her head quickly. "Ah! Nothing… I was just getting a good look at you. Like I said, you're a bit different from the folks back home." She hoped the answer was sufficient, and silently cursed him for turning the tables on her again. How did he keep doing that?

"Oh, there's a million ways to sneak in; especially if you know the right people. And you will. A merchant you say? What do you vend? Tongue? Cheek? Silver?" He was delighting in the fact that he'd flustered her a little.

"As far as my upbringing goes, the Assimilation Committee saw to the bulk of it. Socializing and civilizing, anyway. They tried to educate me for the labor force, but I wouldn't dirty my hands with such...brutish things. The circus came through one week and I soon after joined it. It was as simple as hopping a train and following the sunset."
He seemed to grow intentionally vague concerning the latter part of his biography, bowing as he walked on the railing to grasp it and begin walking on his hands with his legs high overhead.
The fencing lowered as he proceeded, as it neared the primary gates where there was greater fear of vermin than animals. In his inverted position, his hips were about shoulder-level with Isis, and his head about knee high to her. His legs seemed to be peddling an invisible bicycle, continuing the tradition of aimless waving his arms had established.

"Assimilation Committee? Why, I've never heard of such a thing! But if you want to know, I sell something much more reputable than all that, thank you… sweets. Aygomenia doesn't seem to know the first thing about sugars, and all the candies, creams, and such I can make should be a perfect complement to a day at the circus! Or at least… that's the hope." Isis told him, the last bit a little less sure than the rest. While that was the plan, she had yet to put it into practice.

The concept that things might not go to plan sobered her, until she took notice of Marcy's odd hand walk. Isis couldn't imagine how he didn't fall over! She certainly wasn't so coordinated. And the way his legs waved about… Isis raised her near arm over her head to grab hold of his thigh, so to keep him steady. His free wheeling made her a little apprehensive. "Be careful! It looks like you'll fall over any minute! You certainly have a knack for getting yourself in vulnerable positions!" Isis chided him playfully, starting to enjoy the game of tit-for-tat, and wiggled the fingers of her far hand at him, tickling the air in front of her.

Marcy started at the sudden pressure around his leg, but quickly compensated for the extra weight to prevent tilting.

"Be careful! It looks like you'll fall over any minute! You certainly have a knack for getting yourself in vulnerable positions!"

"Therein lies the allure; no one wants to watch an exhibition of confidence. They need the intrigue of danger, mayhem; an accident; a fall. Of course we could all walk a tight rope, given enough time; that's why we put it 50 ft in the air, over a pit of lions. We're morbid creatures..."
As he soliloquized, he noticed her fingers wriggling a short distance away from him. His procession ceased, as he tried to find a way out of her grip without falling off the railing.
"Now now, leave us not to do anything rash! The fall from this isn't far, but there's all manner of filth on either side of this path; you wouldn't want me to have to go bathe again, would you?"

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back