• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Organizational Thread

Carnivore

TMF Master
Hello all.

Now that things might finally start rolling, I figure a specific thread might be good for questions and organizational purposes. To whit: My plans for the first encounters. The setting: The outskirts of an Aygomen city: Cane Bay, an industrial southern port town. On a warm summer evening, the circus tents are being erected for a festive performance to come. Phauxnorse workers doing gruntwork, Aygomen running around as they do... And at the edge of this, our cast sneaks onto the scene, finding their way to the circus tents.

Here's my plan... (not set in stone per se, but unless someone has a better one...) I'm starting a thread in which my character and Kai's can meet up. In another, Taj + Vi. Taj, care to start out? Unless you want structure, you're free to set the scene aside from what I've already done. Relent, I think a setting at the construction crew is a perfect place for your lovely giant to encounter Beiseker. Sound like a plan? I'd leave it to Taj and Relent to start their respective threads unless they care otherwise.

If anyone needs me to assist with playing minor characters, message me or say here. But... at least this first setting should be a good one on one, or so I hope.

If another prefers other things, has questions, or just thinks I'm being dictatorial, please say so. Otherwise... 1, 2, 3 go?

Last edited:
I thought we agreed not to go breaking off into pairs at the starting gate? I mean if you and Kai arranged to introduce your characters privately, I'm not opposed. But are the other four players to simply select a partner at random, or meet in a more open manner?

I was thinking for my NPC and another character, there would be an exchange concerning the placement of their housing. Because the wagon they're accustomed to living in has not yet arrived due to whatever unforeseen circumstances on the road which were circumvented by train, they have to spend a night in the laborer's camp, and she offers him a warm bed for the night.
As far as, say, a guttersnipe's wandering in during the night to start snatching trinkets and possibly being caught? There would certainly be room; though it may be equally advantageous to steal the clothing and belongings of two otherwise distracted bathers out in the ponds.

My point is, there needs to be some kind of open-endedness this soon in and pairing off sort of limits that.

To clarify, a secondary venue is not discouraged; in fact it makes a bit of sense for the bathing area to be a bit secluded from the primary camp. I'll trust your judgment.

Last edited:
Reworked my char. a bit stemming from earlier suggested ideas. I'll need a bit of time to think of where he needs to enter now since we've started.

Relent: I didn't mean to pencil you in from the get go. However your character(s) want to start is fine by me. But I was under the impression that threads of 2 characters per was more manageable. The point was to get things started and let things grow from there. The logic on pairings was pretty simple: one male, one female, minimum one person who took place in the last game. An all in one thread (if that's what you're suggesting) strikes me as somewhat unwieldy, at least initially.

But, I'm not against the "wrong" character stumbling into the thread, if that's what you mean. If you think certain characters fit the story together, I'm willing to go with your plans. I just wanted to kick start things assertively.

can we talk about these splinter threads? Can't we just decide on one for now to do the bulk of our interacting there?

If one thread is the preference over multiple, that's fine with me. I'm not entirely sure what the plan would be for a main thread, though. If that's what you'd like Relent, would you care to start that thread off? That way we're all on the same page, quite literally.

i was fine having a main hub thread for the time being with a more private area off to the side, but now we've got three threads, six total players and only 4 characters on the field. It simply could not end well at this particular juncture. Sectioning everyone off is what killed the first game.
As for the thread I've started with Beiseker, we're in "Day 1- Fairgrounds"

Alright, we'll have the fairgrounds thread be the jumping off point. I'll join in when I have a moment. I'll refrain from deleting Taj's thread for now, that seems rude if he still wants it.

Nah it's ok...delete it and we'll go with the one starter thread

so, we're a few days in. Any input so far? comments? concerns?

Well nothing to report except we're stack.
Taj, Carnivore you're turn if you didn't guess. I would write, but situation didn't change even a bit since my last post and I'm not active at the moment (watching a show, waiting for reaction to what I'm doing) so it would take me about one sentence.

I'm coming, I'm coming! And posted. Although admittedly I'd like to see a few more characters approach the warmth of the fire.

looks like the ball's in your court, Mr. B

For the record, Katarina is just an NPC. Albeit a personable one. So to whom it concerns, and it may well be a few of you at this point, quit crushing on her :p

Maybe an NPC but still happens to be one of the most charismatic and active characters around.
And who has a crush on her? Because not Piotr as far as I know.

Ha. Yes, might be good to note that Katarina will fade into the background eventually, so Relent can use his main character most of the time. Enjoy her company for now, but don't get too dependent on her being around constantly.

On another minor note, I think the current story development shows we should try not to 'hang' story progress on any one character, if we can help it. Everyone is staring at Taj, who's been out for a bit. He'll come back sooner or later, but I don't like being dependent on one person in a multi-person thread, him, me or anyone. Just something to think about when we're posting, maybe.

I've been waiting on Taj's post as a courtesy to him, but if I don't see anything from him in the next week I'm moving on. Though we could just as easily start day 2, for everyone else, and have the first and second day threads run simultaneously until the first concludes. I started the last one.
Just saying. Lol

I personally don't like the idea of two portions of the timeline being active at once. If everyone wants to, I will probably have my character retire in Day 1.

well, anyone at all is welcome to kick off the thread for Day 2.

I don't see how it would help. But Piotr had fallen asleep either way, so...

...so day two would start in the morning, when everyone woke up and went to work...

I believe he meant that he didn't like the idea but that it doesn't matter because it doesn't affect Piotr, who is already done with Day 1.

Yes, I do not literally don't like the idea, but I don't think it will change a lot.

I'm fine with it. If Taj doesn't do something soon, and no one starts the next thread, I can write an intro for the morning. Which should happen in the next day or two by my clock. Hopefully I'll have time and ambition by then. Otherwise, if anyone's chomping at the bit, they can also start.

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back