• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tales of Emertung [VX Ace]

stork

TMF Regular
Tales from Emertung

Another sprite-based fantasy game to join the fold. I was hesitant to post this, because I’m not sure just how far I’ll run with this project, and I haven’t had much experience with RPG Maker in general. But I figured I might as well show what I've done so far, even if discussion has been quiet around here.

Story:
Across the sea lies the strange and convoluted lands of Emertung, a country split apart by time and magic. Despite the lack of concrete information about it, the rumors of ancient treasures and those who once fought over them always seem to find their way to foreign shores. Now, regardless of the potential dangers, a ragtag group of travelers each find their own reason to agree to embark towards the unknown.

Gamplay:
There won’t be any traditional turn-based combat involved. I was going by old adventure game logic that focused more on exploration and character interaction, so expect similar styles of problem-solving and reading text. Lots of text. (Also, I was far too lazy to take the time to balance out a proper combat system)

There are still potential Game Overs to find at this point though. I'm debating whether they should be included at all, or if they just throw off the story's flow, but for now, save often.

Releases:
Chapter releases will be episodic, continuing the story without needing to carry saves over. Branching choices may still be used to affect things later down the line, but I'm still experimenting.

Controls:
Arrow keys to move.
Hold Shift to run.
Hold Q to speed through text and dialogue.
X: Cancels. Enters and exits the pause menu during gameplay.
Z or Spacebar: Confirm or Interact

Tips:
Examining certain items and interacting with certain people more than once might reveal additional dialogue.

I'm sure I've missed some bugs starting out, so it might help to rotate saves. Please report any issues and I'll fix what I can.

Downloads:

RPG Maker ACE RTP: Necessary to run this type of game.
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

Emertung- Prologue
https://www.mediafire.com/file/do754wqbchtpd1h/Emertung-Prologue.exe

Alt Download:

https://mega.nz/#!4d1VgChS!na8d-2cELUwO9QtoLyY01lVQ_bhOTzrIVwRoWw3XzoE

Attachments

• screenshot3.png
    screenshot3.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 429
  • screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    145 KB · Views: 633
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
oh yay ^_^ excited to see a new game, i'm downloading it now and i'll let you know what i think once i have a chance to check it out!

oh yay ^_^ excited to see a new game, i'm downloading it now and i'll let you know what i think once i have a chance to check it out!
Hah, thanks. Had some inspiration from the other projects around here, so it'd be nice to hear some critique from someone else working with RPG Maker.

The idea's a rough draft, but I'll see where I go with it.

Prologue is really good, scenes are written well and plot is interesting. I don't thing your game will suffer because of no combat, personally i'm never sceptical about this kind of approach and you've proven me right. Keep the game overs, they add many possibilities for new scenes.

If you will continue working with such quality content it's going to be one of the best games out there.

Forgot to add: The game will be strictly f/f or there will be other variants too?

Last edited:
Wow it looks very interesting and if its ok to give an opinion i reckon there should be game over sequences not just a black screen, game overs add flavour to these games and i'm sure everyone would LOVE to see what you can write for them! ^_^

Prologue is really good, scenes are written well and plot is interesting. I don't thing your game will suffer because of no combat, personally i'm never sceptical about this kind of approach and you've proven me right. Keep the game overs, they add many possibilities for new scenes.

If you will continue working with such quality content it's going to be one of the best games out there.

Forgot to add: The game will be strictly f/f or there will be other variants too?
Thanks. Different chapters may be more or less expansive in terms of actual things to find, but I'm glad some people like the idea of it so far.

Hmm. f/f will be the main thing to expect. I don't know if I want to completely rule out seeing anything different, but it is going to be the majority of the content.

Wow it looks very interesting and if its ok to give an opinion i reckon there should be game over sequences not just a black screen, game overs add flavour to these games and i'm sure everyone would LOVE to see what you can write for them! ^_^

Yeah, I had intended to make some of the Game Over scenes longer, but didn't get around to it. I'll try to keep it in mind for the future.

Found some time to give this a go tonight, and think I may have stumbled on a bug. I could just be missing something, too.
But, when I get the message from Gwen "Any luck exploring the subbasements?" And, when I go to the door, I get the message "I should check back with Gwen before going further."

Went back to earlier saves and tried to do things differently, same thing.
Totally possible I'm just missing something obvious, but seems like it might be a bug.

Found some time to give this a go tonight, and think I may have stumbled on a bug. I could just be missing something, too.
But, when I get the message from Gwen "Any luck exploring the subbasements?" And, when I go to the door, I get the message "I should check back with Gwen before going further."

Went back to earlier saves and tried to do things differently, same thing.
Totally possible I'm just missing something obvious, but seems like it might be a bug.
I probably need to update the door's text for after the player checks back in with Gwen, but did you get the Lower Level Key after changing into the disguise?

It's in one of the guard's rooms.

Edit: Saw what dialogue I was missing and updated the file. I think you should still be able to finish it on your current save, but let me know if it's something else.

Last edited:
Wow, glad I ended up on thi site again by accident! Glad to see some new games in the work

Found the problem. Went into the second room before going out to garden. Didn't grab key at that time. Distraction that allowed access to key location was reset when I went exploring later. Was impossible to get to, and didn't grab it when it was available.

Didn't realize this at first, so rushed through. My save would have been too late, but an earlier one probably would have worked. Only took about 10 min skipping all the dialogue, and knowing which options to pick.

So far, absolutely love this game. Exactly how I'd put one together if I found the time. Grinding out combat isn't my flavor. These dialog chains and search puzzles are perfect.

Excited to finish this one. And already excited for your next project. Cheers!

Wow that was great! I love it! I certainly hope you continue it, and the writing is amazing. I was hoping to be tickled by the mage or the "Beautiful Tree" as it seemed you were heading in that direction, but I could find no way to trigger a scene. Are we ever going to make use of "the feather"? Great work! :lol

Wow, glad I ended up on thi site again by accident! Glad to see some new games in the work
Heh, now let's hope the site doesn't crash again.

Found the problem. Went into the second room before going out to garden. Didn't grab key at that time. Distraction that allowed access to key location was reset when I went exploring later. Was impossible to get to, and didn't grab it when it was available.

Didn't realize this at first, so rushed through. My save would have been too late, but an earlier one probably would have worked. Only took about 10 min skipping all the dialogue, and knowing which options to pick.

So far, absolutely love this game. Exactly how I'd put one together if I found the time. Grinding out combat isn't my flavor. These dialog chains and search puzzles are perfect.

Excited to finish this one. And already excited for your next project. Cheers!
Ah, I see. I misread your problem. I forgot to account for people who left the room without finding the item first. Hopefully have it fixed now where the characters stay put after moving.

Glad you still liked it.

Wow that was great! I love it! I certainly hope you continue it, and the writing is amazing. I was hoping to be tickled by the mage or the "Beautiful Tree" as it seemed you were heading in that direction, but I could find no way to trigger a scene. Are we ever going to make use of "the feather"? Great work! :lol
Hey thanks. I do have ideas for more, and have a bit of the next chapter set up, but release dates might be sporadic.

Hah yeah, no fail-states with Naedra this time around. But she and the other characters will return in one form or another.

Having the feather actually does extend a potential scene with two of the guards near the end of the prologue depending on what you say. I had considered basing another scene or two around it, but figured I had enough optional paths I was trying to get finished and got lazy.

^_^ i enjoyed it, i probably didn't get to experience all it had to offer since i refused to lose <_<;;

the scenes were nicely written, though there were some grammatical errors here or there, nothing to really take me out of the moment. scenes seemed a bit short, but it could just be that they weren't bloated, so good work!

sigh i will admit that the lack of a combat system disappoints me, but that's just because i love doing combat design in rpg maker

^_^ i enjoyed it, i probably didn't get to experience all it had to offer since i refused to lose <_<;;

the scenes were nicely written, though there were some grammatical errors here or there, nothing to really take me out of the moment. scenes seemed a bit short, but it could just be that they weren't bloated, so good work!
Yeah, there are only a handful of scenes I'd describe as particularly long, and they're mostly optional. I had replay value in mind with some of the branching dialogue and wanting to personalize the choices, but that might not connect with people as well as having just one fleshed out scene. Ideally I'd have both longer scenes and branching choices, but it's a work in progress with what time I have to work on it.

Let me know if there are any egregious grammatical errors that stick out. I've been trying to iron them out, but knew I'd miss something proofreading multiple dialogue routes.

sigh i will admit that the lack of a combat system disappoints me, but that's just because i love doing combat design in rpg maker
That's fair, and I was tempted to keep combat in at first, but I figured the way that I had things set up to continue with multiple shifting character perspectives would just make things increasingly difficult to manage in terms of gameplay, and balancing out individual character's EXP, items, combat styles, etc.

I didn't have a set party in mind from the start, just character ideas. So to keep experimentation with the story open, I went with the adventure game route. I applaud your ability to manage both story and a combat system, but the idea of writing is what kept me interested in this project.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, I don't come nearly as often to the TT as I did before, so it made me happy to see someone working on a game, it really makes me happy to see the passion and effort people can make. keep it up! it actually looks great!

I can't seem to open the file with windows 10. keeps telling me it is unsafe and erases it or tells me i don't have permission to use it. Any ideas how to fix this?

I can't seem to open the file with windows 10. keeps telling me it is unsafe and erases it or tells me i don't have permission to use it. Any ideas how to fix this?

just click more options and tell it to allow .-.

A new tickle game that has decent writing? Count me in!

I've only just started and I can already tell this is going to be good. The characters are charming and full of personality, the options are logical and fleshed out... Really good stuff. Makes a nice change of pace from a combat tickle rpg. Will definitely keep an eye on this.

I'll make a mini review once I get around to completing what's on offer here. For now though, really good job!

Yeah when i click allow or try to make it safe through my antivirus. It still calls it dangerous and keeps deleting it.
I tried over a dozen times.

I had the antivírus problem, downloading with another browser (firefox) worked for me.

On the game itself, I had a lot of fun. It makes me happy to know it's just a prologue, must mean there is a lot more to come.

Not sure what else to say, but good work, you got very good expectations here.

Happy Holidays all.

Sorry to hear some people are having tech issues. I don't know if it'll fix the problem, but I added an alternate download option beneath the first, just in case it was an issue with the upload site.

What's New

5/24/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back