• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Teen Titan Update!

Celtic_Emperor

3rd Level White Feather
Picture 1:

Here we have another picture of Raven, from Teen Titans. It is the first time I've colored Raven with my prismacolor markers. I wanted the picture to have a mystic, surreal effect so I adding in her aura. Her somber expression is key, as she is bearing the burden of a curse, or rather, a responsibility that is like a curse. Thats why I've named this picture "The Curse".

I realize her hair is darker than that and not so blue, but I wanted to try something different.

Picture 2:

Here is another picture of Starfire from Teen Titans colored for the first time with my prismacolor markers. Starfire is so innocent and fun. I call this one "Winking Beauty".

Enjoy. ^___^

Raven,Starfire & Teen Titans © DC Comics

Artwork © Damien Jones

Attachments

• The Curse.jpg
    The Curse.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Winking Beauty.jpg
    Winking Beauty.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 116
While both are good, I the Raven one has a different draw to it. I don't know quite what it is...perhaps the way you did the hood combined with the darker colors and her expression, but she does have that look of one with a burden on her shoulders. Well done!

Thank you. I was going to draw Terra as well, but I didn't have the time to fit her in. Maybe next time. :)

Ugh, I can't stand Raven.
Seeing moronic Raven fanboys having orgasms because "OMG sLAYD RAAPED REVAN!!! THE SEXZ0RZ!!!11"

How anyone can like Teen Titans anyway is beyond me.
Justice League Unlimited is far superior.
Better writing, better stories, better animation.

It's not even an opinion, it's fact that Teen Titans is extremely one-dimensional.
Hell, the only good episodes are the ones with Deathstroke (or since the show's creator is too wussy to use the word "Death", Slade)

Well, I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm not exactly a fan of the series itself.

Mr. Roboto said:
Ugh, I can't stand Raven.
Seeing moronic Raven fanboys having orgasms because "OMG sLAYD RAAPED REVAN!!! THE SEXZ0RZ!!!11"

How anyone can like Teen Titans anyway is beyond me.
Justice League Unlimited is far superior.
Better writing, better stories, better animation.

It's not even an opinion, it's fact that Teen Titans is extremely one-dimensional.
Hell, the only good episodes are the ones with Deathstroke (or since the show's creator is too wussy to use the word "Death", Slade)

hehe, ya, well that's your opinion. justice league is the worst in the lineup if you ask me, i mean, do they just make up new super heroes? or are most of the ones seems really corny? for example: in last episode, we introduced Doomsday (i believe his name was) and from little bit of comics i read was that he killed superman. what happened in the episode? superman beat him and batman ended up in the hospital with a bad attitude. and did i mention the weak assed "computer graphics"?

but teen titans is my 2nd favorite, it's funny and plenty of action which makes since. and it leaves you on the edge of your seat for the next episode.

my favorite is Megas XLR, and ya gotta agree with me on this one. it's friggin hilarious, even down to the weapons and gauges on his dash board.

oh, but great pictures, vlad. can't wait for those teen titan tickling pictures, i'm almost on the edge of my seat.

I think theres a bit of corn-ball in all superheros. Not because they themselves are, its what they do most of the time. Villians don't have this problem most of the time, but on the other hand more is expected of them. And when they don't deliver, they might as well be as corny as the heros.

And thanks, Norm. It will be well worth the wait.

Bignorm868 said:
hehe, ya, well that's your opinion. justice league is the worst in the lineup if you ask me,
And that is why your opinion is meaningless to me.
i mean, do they just make up new super heroes? or are most of the ones seems really corny?
Some of them have existed for as far back as the 1930's.
Plus, I'd like you to point out the "corney" heroes.
The only ones that spring to mind are Hawk and Dove, but they're more like the Ambiguously Gay Duo then they are corney.
for example: in last episode, we introduced Doomsday (i believe his name was) and from little bit of comics i read was that he killed superman. what happened in the episode? superman beat him and batman ended up in the hospital with a bad attitude.
Well they already had a death of Superman episode, so another wouldn't have the same impact.
And in case you missed it, Doomsday was beating the ever living shit out of Superman.
Supes only won because he threw Doomsday into the erupting volcano.
and did i mention the weak assed "computer graphics"?
You got me there.

but teen titans is my 2nd favorite, it's funny and plenty of action which makes since.
I'll give you funny, but the "Action" is sorely lacking.
How can you possibly say anything in that show surpasses the likes of say the Superman vs Doomsday fight?
and it leaves you on the edge of your seat for the next episode.
Hardly.
The only time you're ever waiting for the next episode is when Deathstroke/Slade is in it.
He's the ONLY good thing about the show.

Well, that and Raven's sarcastic wit.
my favorite is Megas XLR, and ya gotta agree with me on this one. it's friggin hilarious, even down to the weapons and gauges on his dash board.
Quite so.
It's the obscure references that I enjoy the most.
Sadly, Cartoon Network isn't renewing it. :sigh: At least not anytime soon.

Last edited:
Now then, with that out of the way...

The pictures are nice, but... why is Starfire's face pink?

Discoloration after scanning. Scanned images done in markers don't have 100% of the qualities and hues of color that the originals do, as the scanners don't always pick up every minute detail.

Last edited:
hmmm

I like teen titans coz it kinda has a grace to the fighting like martial arts should, justice league is just muscle bound punching, unless its batman whos cool as fuck. Megas XLR is my fav too but it lost sumthin after the first seriouse

Tubby84 said:
I like teen titans coz it kinda has a grace to the fighting like martial arts should, justice league is just muscle bound punching, unless its batman whos cool as fuck.
And Teen Titans is just muscle bound punching/lightning bolt shooting/throwing objects, unless it's Immensely Overpowered Robin.

Tubby84 said:
I like teen titans coz it kinda has a grace to the fighting like martial arts should, justice league is just muscle bound punching, unless its batman whos cool as fuck. Megas XLR is my fav too but it lost sumthin after the first seriouse

I have to watch more of either series to have a firm opinion on them. So far its so-so for me.

hmmmmm

I still prefer teen titans tho, altho i wont turn over justice league if its on (batmans way too cool and in my opinion the best hero of them all). I dont like x-men evolution

I don't watch cartoons nearly as much as I used to. Anime is a different story however.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
I don't watch cartoons nearly as much as I used to. Anime is a different story however.

I couldn't agree more.

Yes. Needless to say, cartoons and anime are not the same thing, even if technically its still animation.

Vladislaus Dracula said:
Yes. Needless to say, cartoons and anime are not the same thing, even if technically its still animation.

How right you are. Anime is like a sophisticated cartoon. A cartoon with substance. Plus, anime is just...well...better. But hey, that's my opinion. I still like cartoons, I just strongly favor anime.

lovethatpussyti said:
no offense to anyone but justice league sux like hell

Not exactally how I'd put it, but I kind of agree.

Here in the land of Oz, Teen Titans are endlessly repeated! And only up to AfterShock Part II!!!!!!!!!!! We only have watched 1/2 minute of Justice League Unlimited and we never like that Martian Freak but come on! We barely ever read comics, but WALLY West sucks! The dialogue was so slow! We might as well of watched Stupid Hanna Barbara Cartoons or Thundercats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Teen Titans is a very one-dimensional show but at least you can relate to them, as opposed to these guys' episodes half of which are copied from comic books!!!! We never saw the episode but we have once read the comic where Superman gets that gift which shows him an alternative world where Krypton didn't blow up! In fact, that has been in 2 comics! And in one of them, Superman becomes Superman anyway, only Lois Lane ends up with someone else!!!!!

Its funny how people that have never really posted in my art threads often or at all (lurkers even) are suddenly doing it for the sake of stating an opinion, when otherwise this thread would have been ignored. :p

ya know, i really like the teen titans show. Alot of people complain that its not as "hardcore" as the dark horse comic. Dont blame cartoon network, blame the fcc.

I'm slowly losing interest in drawing these characters. The initial excitement I had is all but gone, especially now when there are better things...

If I do draw more, it won't be very many.

Last edited:
What's New

6/1/2024
Need to report a post? The report butt0n is to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back