• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

That Godforsaken Link at the Top Advertising the Tapatalk App

If you close it... It comes back. On a 10" iPad screen, having some rat bastard banner that won't go away is like getting your nards stomped on with golf cleats.

Can it be ripped out and crushed like so many empty Pepsi cans?

Worst part of it, is that it doesn't come back in any predictable way. It just happens sometimes that you'll go to another page and WHAM, it's back.

Why. Do these guys. Need to. Constantly. Push me. To get. Some apps? Why do these guys need to constantly push me?

Push me?

Push me any harder and the Internet is gonna get a shiv in the back.

I don't know which browsers are available for an iPad, but I know that Opera Mobile Classic can block specific images with a urlfilter.ini file, although the procedure is rather complicated. (The admins here don't have responsibility for forum advertising, which is the province of the forum owners.)

What is popping up? The message saying that you should use Tapatalk if you are on a mobile device?

That is supposed to show up once. And remain away once dismissed. I can try tweaking it if it is really bothering folks that much.

What is popping up? The message saying that you should use Tapatalk if you are on a mobile device?

That is supposed to show up once. And remain away once dismissed. I can try tweaking it if it is really bothering folks that much.

Give it a shot. It randomly seems to forget. Seems like it might a cookie issue, so I'll look into clearing my cache in Safari.

I'm not too into running another browser, as Safari syncs with the desktop version via iCloud, and does so far more reliably than I ever found chrome to be.

That and Chrome... It's slow, like pouring a bunch of molasses on the internet. At first it seems like it might be tasty, but then you get cavities.

Yeah, it pops back up in every page you come to, *sometimes* like Jamie said, it randomly forgets >_<

~K

I think I turned it off. Let me know if the screen disappears. I don't think I can leave it off permanently, but at least I can go looking to see if I can find out why it keeps reappearing.

Cookie issues make some sense. Mobile Safari isn't the best at that. On my ancient iPod Touch, I know it tends to lose cookies in other tabs when one opens a page that has many things on it. I suspect it only gets a little memory to play with and when you go over that it starts losing old cookies semi-randomly.

I think I turned it off. Let me know if the screen disappears. I don't think I can leave it off permanently, but at least I can go looking to see if I can find out why it keeps reappearing.

Cookie issues make some sense. Mobile Safari isn't the best at that. On my ancient iPod Touch, I know it tends to lose cookies in other tabs when one opens a page that has many things on it. I suspect it only gets a little memory to play with and when you go over that it starts losing old cookies semi-randomly.

Now that these things are acquiring more and more RAM, it seems like such limitations would be unneeded.

It seems like they weren't needed at the time, since I used to run a box with less RAM than even the original iPod touch, and never had an issue. Just leads me again to the question I had about software in the 2000s...

What did they do to it?

What's New

5/18/2024
The vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is still open! Vote in the GFA forum today!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back