• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

2011 MLB Season: Almost here!

Definitely. I'm interested to see what Buck Showalter can do with my Orioles now that he has a legitimate major league lineup. He was able to guide them to the best record in the AL East over the final few months of last season, so it will be interesting to find out whether or not that positive step forward can carry over.

Truth be told, I'm a bit frightened of the Orioles this season. Their pitching is young, but talented (Matusz is going to be a beast), and they've actually got a decent infield for once. Between them and Toronto, the AL East will be fun to watch.

Well, for any of you baseball fanatics we will be having our 2nd year of Fantasy Baseball with our very own TMF Fantasy Baseball league on Yahoo.

TF4F will post sometime in the near future with details on it, hope you all join up.

And yes, normally I am not a baseball guy, but since playing Fantasy Baseball last year and doing the radio show and talking more baseball, I will admit that I am more interested this year than I have ever been.

I am certainly looking forward to it.

Rob

I'll start to get excited after the Super Bowl is over and the cold winter months are wearing on me and I need to look forward to the warm spring air with the smell of grass and baseball.

I can't wait for the 2011 season to start so that a team I won't mention will be only the winners of last year's World Series. :rowfull:

Very Excited

Very excited here for sure. Looking forward to seeing some games at Wrigley.

Go ahead, everyone take their Cubs shots. I'm sure there will be at least a few.

No matter...Go Cubs Go!

I'm getting excited. Usually baseball isn't much on my mind, except for trades, free agent signings, etc, until after the 1st of the year. By January 1st, I start thinking: "Okay, pitchers and catchers report in six weeks, cool". As cold and as beastly of a winter as it's been in the Mid Atlantic and North East, it's hard to believe that the first pitch of the regular season is a bit over two and half months away.

I think that my Braves should probably be equal to, or a bit better than, they were last year. I think they have a legitimate shot to win the NL Wild Card again. Philly should win the NL East easily unless they have major injuries, but.. The Braves, with new acquistion Dan Uggla, and returning talent from last season, should win 90 plus games.

We still have a while to go yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to the start of the season.

Mitch

I've been chomping at the bit since last season. I've only recently gotten into the NBA, and I'm not a huge football fan (though does anyone else think Rex Ryan got into the sport because of the name?), but baseball is the one sport I'm crazed about.

I agree with Mitch that the Braves should be good this year, and with Mils that I don't think the GIANTS have a chance to repeat. I'll also send my sympathies to Commander, because as much as he'll enjoy Carlos Pena this season, he also has to put up with Matt Garza, which I wouldn't wish on anyone. (Actually, he scares the hell out of me, and I'm glad he's out of the AL East)

Truth be told, I'm a bit frightened of the Orioles this season. Their pitching is young, but talented (Matusz is going to be a beast), and they've actually got a decent infield for once. Between them and Toronto, the AL East will be fun to watch.

I'm hoping Matusz can put together a breakout season. He has definitely got the talent to do just that. Guthrie is a solid veteran, and any step forward from the group of Bergesen, Arrieta, Tillman and (eventually) Britton would be icing on the cake. As for the lineup, I love the fact that there's no real easy out 1 through 9 anymore. Certain guys don't come without their health risks, but things have the potential to turn around so long as they can stay on the field.

Adam, as an Oriole fan, what are your thoughts on division realignment? The Orioles could contend in another division, but are probably still a year or two away in the AL East.

Adam, as an Oriole fan, what are your thoughts on division realignment? The Orioles could contend in another division, but are probably still a year or two away in the AL East.

Honestly, I think I'd be against it, strictly for traditionalist reasons... though I am aware they've done it to a degree before by creating the central divisions. Don't get me wrong... the Boston/NY juggernaut is a tough one to overcome. On the other hand, playing and beating them at their own game would give me a real sense of satisfaction. If Tampa can do it by building a team via the farm and shrewd trades, maybe there's hope for the Orioles down the road.

Orioles nearly always do not meet expectations. However great manager, Buck doesn't miss a thing... Yanks/Red Sox will be in the mix... Phillies pitching!!! with a decent lineup, early favorites to go all the way... Vegas early line betting favorites to go all the way: Phillies 7/2... Red Sox 9/2... yankees 6/1... Giants 12/1... Twins and Rangers both 18/1

Honestly, I think I'd be against it, strictly for traditionalist reasons... though I am aware they've done it to a degree before by creating the central divisions. Don't get me wrong... the Boston/NY juggernaut is a tough one to overcome. On the other hand, playing and beating them at their own game would give me a real sense of satisfaction. If Tampa can do it by building a team via the farm and shrewd trades, maybe there's hope for the Orioles down the road.

I'd love to think that teams like the Orioles and Jays have a shot, but I really can't see it when Boston and New York can continue to purchase talent. And I say this as a Red Sox fan that nearly wet himself when he heard news of Crawford and A-Gon.

Granted, the Rays have shown that homegrown talent can take you far. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong in the next few years.

Breaking News

Last night, there were some major developments, specifically in the AL East.

First, the Toronto Blue Jays agreed to send Vernon Wells to the L.A. Angels in exchange for catcher Mike Napoli and outfielder Juan Rivera. Wells is currently owed $86 million over the next four years.

This does not make any sense to me from the Angels perspective, as Wells has been terrible these last few years. For the Blue Jays, though, this is an excellent move. Napoli is a halfway decent catcher who has massive power, so he should fit in well. Rivera is alright, but will likely provide similar numbers to Wells for much less money.

---

The second (and third, technically) big story is that Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon have both agreed to one-year contracts with the Tampa Bay Rays.

I don't quite understand how they're going to fit both players into the mix, considering they're both DH's at this point. I suppose you could put Damon in the outfield and hope for the best. Either way, this gives the Rays a bit more pop in their lineup.

---

Thoughts?

I've been chomping at the bit since last season. I've only recently gotten into the NBA, and I'm not a huge football fan (though does anyone else think Rex Ryan got into the sport because of the name?)...

Cleh-verrrrrrrrr! :D

Go Phils :)

The weather has been so horrible this winter. Cold.. snow.. etc, that while I said in my last post that I was getting excited.. in reality.. baseball seems like its very far away.. but.. in reality.. as my friend Adam pointed out to me.. (He loves baseball too) Pitchers and Catchers report in three weeks, which is very cool. What will REALLY get me excited is when the freaking weather starts warming up, to make it feel like baseball season.

Anyhow, I know I'm babbling, and I know that in two and a half months, the regular season will begin. Woo hoo!

Mitch

Breaking News

The Yankees signed Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal. They've also signed Andruw Jones and Mark Prior this offseason.

If Pettitte comes back, the Yankees are a lock to win the 2003 World Series!

Breaking News

The Yankees signed Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal. They've also signed Andruw Jones and Mark Prior this offseason.

If Pettitte comes back, the Yankees are a lock to win the 2003 World Series!

This made me LOL. How true. I love sticking it to the Yankees. If these are the "big" Yankee off season moves, what does that say about the state of things in the Big Apple right now? George must be rolling over in his grave right now. And just wait til next year when Jeter is playing the outfield. :blaugh: I think the Yankees are fortunate that the Rays had a fire sale this off season, or the Yanks would be staring a third place finish at best in the face. I think New York will be fighting for the wild card with a few teams from the AL Central as the Red Sox will run away with the AL East.

But in answer to your original question, I am definitely counting the days until Phillies spring training when "Aces and Catchers" report. :D I have been down to Clearwater, Florida the past few years, but not sure I will be able to make it there this year for spring training. It should be a historic season in Philadelphia this year with the starting rotation that Ruben Amaro, Jr has put together. I predict a massive beat down on the rest of the NL East by the Phils, especially on those stinkin Atlanta Braves. I predict the wild card in the NL will come from the much-improved NL Central. The Cubs made some nice moves in the off season. The Brewers look formidable. The Reds have a young talented team. And the Cardinals may have the 2nd best starting rotation in baseball behind the Phillies.

Can't wait! :D

Yes, all seems to be chaotic in the Bronx this spring. Cashman seems to be asking to be fired, the Steinbrenner boys can't seem to get their act together. . . and yet they still scare the hell out of me. I'm terrified that by the end of July, Felix Hernandez will be wearing pinstripes. If the Yankees get off to a slow start, which is a good possibility considering the question marks in their rotation, they might just e-mail their minor league roster, and have the Mariners order off of it like a Chinese menu.

"Yes, I'll take 2 of the AAA guys, 3 AA guys, and a first round draft pick"

As for your Phillies, I don't know that I've ever seen a pitching rotation like that before. Let's hope your offense can match it. I look forward to seeing you in October.

Caz the Red Sox fan

As for your Phillies, I don't know that I've ever seen a pitching rotation like that before. Let's hope your offense can match it. I look forward to seeing you in October.

Caz the Red Sox fan

The Phillies offense under-achieved in many ways last season, yet they still "managed" to win 97 games and have the best record in mlb. I predict a bounce-back year from J-Roll...he's playing for a contract. I think Utley, Victorino and Howard will all have more productive offensive years. The only question mark will be a right-handed bat in RF to protect Howard. But with the pitching staff they've put together, they may only have to score 3 runs many nights to win ball games.

I as well would look forward to a Phillies/Red Sox World Series matchup in October.

This made me LOL. How true. I love sticking it to the Yankees. If these are the "big" Yankee off season moves, what does that say about the state of things in the Big Apple right now? George must be rolling over in his grave right now. And just wait til next year when Jeter is playing the outfield. :blaugh: I think the Yankees are fortunate that the Rays had a fire sale this off season, or the Yanks would be staring a third place finish at best in the face. I think New York will be fighting for the wild card with a few teams from the AL Central as the Red Sox will run away with the AL East.

But in answer to your original question, I am definitely counting the days until Phillies spring training when "Aces and Catchers" report. :D I have been down to Clearwater, Florida the past few years, but not sure I will be able to make it there this year for spring training. It should be a historic season in Philadelphia this year with the starting rotation that Ruben Amaro, Jr has put together. I predict a massive beat down on the rest of the NL East by the Phils, especially on those stinkin Atlanta Braves. I predict the wild card in the NL will come from the much-improved NL Central. The Cubs made some nice moves in the off season. The Brewers look formidable. The Reds have a young talented team. And the Cardinals may have the 2nd best starting rotation in baseball behind the Phillies.

Can't wait! :D

It all comes down to how they play my friend, all of these pitchers in their primes have had down seasons. Over bloated salaries do nothing for a team. Look at the 2006 yankees, could be the 2011 phillies. And those stinkin braves (although i disagree with keeping chipper) will still win 90 plus games sneaking in for the wildcard spot. Their no ted turner braves, but they still got pop.

Go Braves

I can't wait for the 2011 season to start so that a team I won't mention will be only the winners of last year's World Series. :rowfull:

Dont remind me. hehe. Still cant believe it.

Ill be waiting for Frank to sell the team and get that distraction behind us.

GO DODGERS.

I'll be excited only if the Red Sox still don't win their division despite all their signings this off-season.

Who wouldnt be excited to get ready to watch Halladay, Oswald,Hamels and Lee, but with every fucking tuesday or Wednesday were getting snow I can't wait now.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back