• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

40th Anniversary Of Hank Aaron's 715th Homer

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Tonight is the 40th anniversary of Hank Aaron's historic 715th home run. Luckily the Braves are playing the Mets tonight, so I was able to watch the pre game festivities and commentary about the occasion tonight. Mr Aaron gave a gracious speech, and the Mets broadcasters interviewed Al Downing, the gentleman who is the pitcher who gave up Hank's 715th homer. As I watch how these two men conduct themselves. .they represent the epitome of baseball class.

An anniversary of one of the greatest, and most important nights, in baseball history.

He's still the true home run king. I count nothing that happened during the steroid era, period.

Hank Aaron is a special man. He faced constant death threats from racists and gave them all the middle finger by playing everyday and breaking the home run record! I'm proud he is a part of Braves history.

On a sad note, the Braves honored Hammerin' Hank by scoring zero runs against the New York Muts. WTF guys?

He went political several years ago, but rarely quoted because of all the dumb shit he says. One of my favorite players, came up as a second baseman. Never hit over 50 in one year. Stayed relatively healthy and consistent. I would take Mays and Mantle over him in their prime, few others. 50's and on, pre steroid era, probably the best RH contact hitter with power. Good arm, better then average fielder, ran well in his younger days. Five tool player.

He went political several years ago, but rarely quoted because of all the dumb shit he says. One of my favorite players, came up as a second baseman. Never hit over 50 in one year. Stayed relatively healthy and consistent. I would take Mays and Mantle over him in their prime, few others. 50's and on, pre steroid era, probably the best RH contact hitter with power. Good arm, better then average fielder, ran well in his younger days. Five tool player.

I didn't realize he played second base. I went to baseball-reference.com and found that he played only a handful of games there during his MLB career but played all but two games of the 1953 season with the Jacksonville Braves at 2B. Interesting

Do you follow any players today? If so, are there any you'd take over Aaron?

The steroid era fucks things up and it makes it hard to be objective, even marginal players took them. I remember when Aaron was being scouted in the Negro leagues, he was playing second base for a team called the Indianapolis Clowns (off the top of my head). I think you just have to go by the greats in each era and leave it at that. I'm 60 and I talk baseball with guys from 20-99. The one constant, they either hate or love the Yankees. Longevity in MLB, hit the breaking ball consistently in your early years and being able to catch up with the fastball in your later years.

The steroid era fucks things up and it makes it hard to be objective, even marginal players took them. I remember when Aaron was being scouted in the Negro leagues, he was playing second base for a team called the Indianapolis Clowns (off the top of my head). I think you just have to go by the greats in each era and leave it at that. I'm 60 and I talk baseball with guys from 20-99. The one constant, they either hate or love the Yankees. Longevity in MLB, hit the breaking ball consistently in your early years and being able to catch up with the fastball in your later years.

All good points. Further to your point, it's hard to gauge some of the young guys like Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, and Jason Heyward until they've played for a long time.

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back