• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A Good Way To Handle An Awkward Situation During Role Playing?

SNSDMaya

The topic actually is still related to my previous post about the variables I consider in role playing, which can be seen here:

http://www.tickletheater.com/showpost.php?p=718127&postcount=30

Although I have mentioned those all, things could still turn to be quite unexpected, because I could not tell, and would not know either about how good my partner is in role playing, until we have played at least once (or at least, I have seen her role playing with someone else). And when I find out that my partner is somewhat not meeting my requirement, during the play, it makes me feel troubled. I do not think cutting the play abruptly would solve anything, but I could not enjoying the play, nor expanding the story well either.

My point here, it is easy to run the elimination before, or after the play, like when someone has been violating your hard limits since the beginning. But it would be really awkward to do it during the play.

Any of you have experienced that kind of thing before? If so, what did you do to handle the awkward situation?
I would be happy to hear some open suggestion too, although if you have never experienced it before. Thanks.

Best Regards,

The awkward situation is self-made. If someone does not meet your expectations you can usually tell that within the first 2 replies into the roleplay, in which case you should stop it there and move along so no hearts or moods are broken too fast.

If it's way in the middle of the RP, it's only courtesy to at least finish the RP on a good note and be honest afterwards. An RP is a commitment you make with a person to have fun with eachother together. If you're not having fun because of standards, you have to make a compromise if you're already so far in. Then work on figuring out if someone meets your standards before a detailed RP so that no time is wasted and no feelings are hurt.

Pretty much Nomming hit it on the head. If they are not expectations or rules, it is better to end the rp with them. People have to understand that everyone has different rules and ways on how they rp. People don't respect those ideas though a lot.

She also said something about hard limits-sometimes you have to pause the rp in the middle to re-evaluate. For example, sometimes people will be disbelieving that my feet aren't ticklish, even though I always bring that up first, and I have to tell them that no, that really isn't gonna work with me. I usually use parenthesis to have a quick conversation while not breaking up the flow of the scenerio.

And sometimes you get someone whose hard limits and yours just don't mesh, like when "respect my marriage" is a dealbreaker for some. Sorry, but I'm not just finishing an rp with people who angrily insist on putting a vibe in me :p Sometimes a polite "sorry but this isn't working for me" is the only option.

~K

Last edited:
She also said something about hard limits-sometimes you have to pause the rp in the middle to re-evaluate. For example, sometimes people will be disbelieving that my feet aren't ticklish, even though I always bring that up first, and I have to tell them that no, that really isn't gonna work with me. I usually use parenthesis to have a quick conversation while not breaking up the flow of the scenerio.

And sometimes you get someone whose hard limits and yours just don't mesh, like when "respect my marriage" is a dealbreaker for some. Sorry, but I'm not just finishing an rp with people who angrily insist on putting a vibe in me :p Sometimes a polite "sorry but this isn't working for me" is the only option.

~K

Very good points my dear Karen. Although I forget about your feet at times, only cuz you get mine so much. :p

To add to this, though my experience in roleplays aren't as varied I do take the same experiences from my real life sessions. Always go over hard limits before ever initiating, let them know what is off limits. Never be afraid to speak up during either, because it is your time you're investing and I've always considered time a more valuable commodity than anything else so it's best spent doing what you enjoy.

And furthermore to add onto what Nomming said, not only would you know within the first few actions what kinda person someone is, the same could be said about basic conversation. When I used to roleplay a bit more regularly I made sure to get to know someone over a few days and find what level we connect on first. It leads to a lot more engaging personal experiences than to rush into something with a complete stranger. Not to say there is anything wrong with it, but it would definitely help avoid running into awkward circumstances as you described.

I think the most important thing is to establish some basic ground rules right from the start.

Set up a safe word and make sure its used, people have said "oh you can just hit the button and pull right out" but then if the rp was going well and the other party went a little too far (carried away on the spur of the moment)then its a pity to just vanish.

The safe word lets the person know that the action is not acceptable, and adjustments can be made.To me its like building up a rapore and getting to know each other, there needs to be trust and communication.A bit like any relashionship.Give and take and exploration of new and different ideas.

I'm not big on RPing these days, but I think if you're someone that takes it seriously, bringing that up beforehand when talking about likes / dislikes / boundaries / etc, might be a good idea as well as keeping the sesh short and playful / lighthearted.

Communicating that upfront won't leave you in the middle of an RP praying for it to be over, I feel like. Just my .02. Hope it helps.

I totally do the parenthesis thing. I also hate it when someone insists on doing things that are absolutely outside of the boundaries I set in the beginning, which I do set boundaries nearly always!

At the point when someone does something past my boundaries, just like in real life I'd think it'd apply online. Just end the session. One mix up is understandable if you talk to them and they stop, but if they are persistent it's clear they are in it for themselves and your enjoyment should always matter to you and to them.

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back