• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A True Christmas!

Michael514

Level of Lemon Feather
My father and sister have not talked to me it 13 years, as I have too broke off all communications with them. My mother, who had a major stroke some 15 years ago is paralysed and unable to speak and unaware. Stubbornesss on both parties kept this fued going for all this time. My mother, with this stroke didn't want any contact with any one in my family or me. Just my Father and Sister, not even my Sister's husband. I was devisatated. hurt and truly heartbroken. After sometime I dealt with it, but all these Christmas' were difficult and painful not talking to her.

After all these years my sister's husband sent me a letter telling me my Mother was going to die fromanother stroke and pnuemonia(<spelling) had sent in. I called him that morning and we talked. I then left work and went to the Cleveland Clinic and went to the I.C.U unit. I didn't know what my Mom would do when she saw me. I walked in and she looked at me and tried to reach and hug me. I started to ball. Here I am this big muscular ex-jock sobbing. The nurses came in and told me she was stable and doing fine. I explained the situation to them and how I haven't seen her in all these years. The one nurse got watery eyes listening, hugged me and told me to stay as long as I liked.

I visited that following Sunday too and my father walked in. We looked at each other and we said forcefully hello. He and I could see the strain on my Mother's face from the tension. I walked over to my Father and said I don't know how it started and he looked at me and we hugged. He was crying, I was crying as was my Mom. I looked over at my Mom and I saw a huge look of relief on her face. A few days later I saw my sister and she too was sobbing about my Mom and just being with her BIG BROTHER.

Anyways. I finally met her two beautiful boys, ages 3 and 5. My father and sister met my 12 and 15 year old. My Mom is weak and they found colon cancer, which is treatable.

I spent all afternoon with her at the Cleveland Clinic with my father and sister. We laughed, ate and shared precious time with my Mother. Nothing about the past was brought up, how it started, what was said, etc.

I invited my father and sister over and they accepted my invitation to Christmas dinner on this Christmas Day. Her sons and my sons are finally going to meet. My mother, unforutantely will still be at the Clinic and may not be here next Christmas, I HOPE SHE WILL BE WITH US FOR A LONG LONG TIME. But she got a wonderful present and WHAT SHE WANTED! She got her family back together, I got my father and sister back , and they got their brother and son back too.

I thank God dearly for this and I thought I share this with you members. There is so much more to this ordeal but it all worked out. My Mom is doing so much better now, they tell us that she maybe able to come home in a few weeks from re-hab. I pray that day happens soon!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Last edited:
That is an incredible story and truly shows the magic of Christmas in all it's glory. A true Christmas Miracle.

Your mother received the best Christmas gift you could ever give her.... Love. Pure Love. And you and your family gave each other the best gift as well - Family.

I truly feel in my heart that the LOVE in your FAMILY will continue to grow year over year. Painful memories will be replaced with joyous memories you've just started.

God Bless you and your family.

and Merry Christmas!

That's great news Osco. Glad to hear you are putting your differences behind and going foward with your lives. Merry Christmas

That's wonderful, Osco !

Enjoy that special Christmas as much as you can.

Merry Christmas :santasmil

I'm very glad for you and your reunited family, Osco. :D Merry Christmas to you all. :bouncybou

Thank you everyone! This is a true Christmas and the best I ever had. I have my family back and wonderful friends here on the forum like you! Thank you again for making me feel special today. GOD BLESS EVERONE OF YOU!

Wonderful news,Osco!

I`m so glad that you and your family have been able to get back together this Christmas! May the peace and joy of this season be with you all throughout the coming new year! Here`s hoping that your mother`s treatment can bring her home quickly,free from cancer and recovered from her strokes. I`m sure getting the family back together is a HUGE part of her recovery! I`ll keep you all in my prayers,Osco! God bless you all!:wavingguy

I`m so glad that you and your family have been able to get back together this Christmas! May the peace and joy of this season be with you all throughout the coming new year! Here`s hoping that your mother`s treatment can bring her home quickly,free from cancer and recovered from her strokes. I`m sure getting the family back together is a HUGE part of her recovery! I`ll keep you all in my prayers,Osco! God bless you all!:wavingguy

Thank you very much!

Wonderful News Osco:bouncybou: :bouncybou Thank you for sharing:cool:

THANK YOU LAURIE! It was a long time but worth it. My father stopped over tonight and we drank a couple of Warsteiners, laughed and had a great night. My sister didn't make it because her one son is under the weather and she and her husband had a pretty big argument. I'll see them this weekend.

Again thank you and everyone. You support and mostly prayers mean so much!

Now that's a gift you can't wrap in a box and put a bow on it.......and those kind of gifts are the best kind!!!!
Merry Christmas old friend. God Bless you and your family!

Now that's a gift you can't wrap in a box and put a bow on it.......and those kind of gifts are the best kind!!!!
Merry Christmas old friend. God Bless you and your family!

THANK YOU MY FRIEND! I sure appreciate it. I don't care what people say, THE MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM ARE ABSOLUTELY THE @#*&@# GREATEST AND MOST CARING IN THE WORLD!

Awesome

REALLY excellent, a truly Merry Christmas!! :grouphug: :dogpile:
Thank you for sharing such a phenomenal story, hope you can all enjoy each other's company fully now, and that science catches up in time to allow your mother to enjoy it more --- But no question you made her extremely happy as it is!! :D

REALLY excellent, a truly Merry Christmas!! :grouphug: :dogpile:
Thank you for sharing such a phenomenal story, hope you can all enjoy each other's company fully now, and that science catches up in time to allow your mother to enjoy it more --- But no question you made her extremely happy as it is!! :D

Yes I did and it was special for all of us. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT and I hope you and yours too have a very happy holiday season!

I have a similar though not quite as bad situation with my brother, who won't really associate with my part of the family in part over a dispute several years ago when my late mother had alzheimers pretty bad. I don't see this changing any time soon and it is upsetting to my dad.
Osco, I'm so glad you were able to get your own family back together. Like was said before, you guys gave your mom the best christmas present anyone could ever get! I hope you have a wonderful 2008 and that better things are ahead for your mom!

oh osco that is wonderful that your family has reunited. what a blessing that you all had the chance to get together with no arguments and just be a family. and i pray for your mother's health. merry christmas and may this be the beginning of a new and happy period in your life.

I have a similar though not quite as bad situation with my brother, who won't really associate with my part of the family in part over a dispute several years ago when my late mother had alzheimers pretty bad. I don't see this changing any time soon and it is upsetting to my dad.
Osco, I'm so glad you were able to get your own family back together. Like was said before, you guys gave your mom the best christmas present anyone could ever get! I hope you have a wonderful 2008 and that better things are ahead for your mom!

I know the feeling. I too thought it could never work itself out. I thought of ways of doing it, but hurt feelings, things said and stubborness always seemed to get in the way. It took 13 years and GOD intervened because I asked him to for my Mother's sake. It worked and we are a family again.

Funny thing is when my Father, Sister and I talked we figured out that both sides of the family that were split were saying things that weren't true, as if they were fueling the fire. I pray and hope your situation works out and I KNOW IT WILL!

Thank you for your response and You and yours, PLEASE HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY and keep up the faith, it works!

oh osco that is wonderful that your family has reunited. what a blessing that you all had the chance to get together with no arguments and just be a family. and i pray for your mother's health. merry christmas and may this be the beginning of a new and happy period in your life.

I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS! I'm like a kid in a candy store. 13 Christmas' went by without my family and this time it happened and I saw my Mother. My Mother was always my inspiration and I now we finally can give her back her peace of mind and her family.

I hope you and yours also have a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY and again THANK YOU!

Im happy for you and your family Osco.
Enjoy all the time you can with them.......

Best wishes,
Rob

Im happy for you and your family Osco.
Enjoy all the time you can with them.......

Best wishes,
Rob

I will my GOOD FRIEND and THANK YOU. I wish you and yours Happy Holidays too. Glad to chat with you again.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back