• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A warning for office ticklers

magic fingers

3rd Level Yellow Feather
I must admit, I've done more than my fair share of office tickling, but for the first time in my professional career, my love of tickling almost got me in trouble at work. About a week ago everyone at our company had gathered in the office lobby for our quarterly awards ceremony for the sales & service employees. Anyway these presentations are always late in starting, so while we were all standing around waiting, everyone was hanging out, making small talk, and I was talking & joking with this very attractive young woman. I've known this woman for a couple of months, and we'd always gotten along well, so I figured a little poke would be harmless enough. Plus she has an incredible body. Anyway we were joking w/each other, and I gave her ribs a little poke. Well the good news was she's extremely ticklish(at least in the ribs) and she jumped when I tickled her, but she also laughed, so I figured it was no big deal. Well it was no big deal w/her, but the HR (Human Resources) Manager saw me do it, and complained to my boss, and also his boss. Earlier this week my boss called me into his office, and closed the door(not a good sign). He said someone had complained to him about me tickling one of the ladies in the office. At first I wasn't even sure who it was because like an idiot, I had tickled a couple of the ladies at work, but eventually I figured out that it was the young woman from the awards ceremony. I couldn't figure out which was a worse feeling; my embarrasement, or my fear of possibly losing my job. However my boss immediately calmed my fears, told me to relax, it's no big deal, and there's no problem. I was his top producer, his favorite employee and up to this point I had never had any issues w/HR or mgt. in the 2+ years I worked there. Still I felt it was necessary to apologize to the young lady. When I spoke to her, she said it was OK, she actually didn't have a problem with it, and the HR mgr. was the woman who made the complaint, not her. However it did open my eyes. Just because we at the TMF love tickling doesn't mean everyone else loves it, and it doesn't give us the right to tickle someone in a business environment. Remember this the next time an attractive intern leaves her midsection vulnerable, while reaching for office supplies, or a sexy secretary has her shoes off at her desk, exposing her soles. They're not necessarily "begging to be tickled." and unless you're absolutely 100% certain that she doesn't have a problem being tickled, and that nobody else is watching, it's probably best just to walk away, and avoid temptation. I remember about 10 years ago things were much more casual in the workplace, and tickling was no big deal, but times have changed, and I don't care how pretty the girl is that you have "in your sights", it's not worth taking a chance on unemployment. Plus in many office settings it's not considered appropriate behavior.

HR needs to be busier

Good advice, but in all frankness, your HR person doesn't have enought to do. If the girls in question did not complai, then the HR person had no right to start trouble for you. I hate when people look for trouble that isn't there and then cause more trouble because of it.

If the girl complained about you, then no problem, HR should slam you, but if there is no smoke, then there is no fire. HR was actually harrassing you.

I am currently having that problem at work. I occassionally tickle and massage the ladies, but they all get along with me and genuinely like me. I would nevr tickle/ or massage a lady who didn't like the attention. I have never had a complaint, but lately this busybody guy has been causing me hassel and went to my boss saying there was a complaint. When my boss pressed for details, he soon found there was none, and this busybody is actually in hot water right now on another matter and is using me as a deflection.

I, of course, have now stopped my tickle tricks. No need to add fuel to the fire, but the kicker is this guy was tried and convicted for harassment in his past, so he has alot of gall.

Yes, be careful, but I can't stand people who look for trouble that doesn't exist. To those folks I say get a real life

Well said magic fingers...
As a security officer most of my adult life, I've seen many, many beautiful young women over the years "after hours" in office buildings and other contracts I've provided security for....beautiful women who would "let their hair down" after 5 p.m., and while working late, prance through the facility in her stocking or bare feet.

Even back in the "anything goes" early 1980's (and me in my early 20's), I've honestly never tickled a lady on the job. Number one, I just didn't feel it would present the professional image I wanted, and number two...just as you mentioned, many young women either are afraid of or despise being tickled. Unless I was dating a lady who I worked with while off duty, I would never think about tickling her (or anything else that could be taken the wrong way or misunderstood as harrassment).

I remember in the 80s (pre Anita Hill) there were really no harrassment laws on the books. Females were harrassed as sport and there was nowhere to go if you wanted your job. I remember all the abuse I took, especially if I wouldn't go out with the boss.:sowrong:

Now, everyone is so politically correct that the workplace has become cold, antisceptic, and unfriendly. I don't have a problem with a person touching me (invited). If he's uninvited, he's subject to get slapped. It's the filthy talk that gets under my skin. I know it sounds wierd, but that's just the way I am.

If someone puts a hand on someone's shoulder, it usually means something positive. In certain professions, it could easily be misconstrued as sexually aggressive. If you're a teacher, look out because any physical contact is taboo. No more opportunity for the kids to get what could be the only hug they may receive. Not evey teacher is a pedophile, and weren't pedophiles existing even before the 1990s? How did we manage then? People in this generation are so extreme. No one is friendly anymore.

It's late, and I'm probably going over the deep end again.....

Good nite all:zzzzz:

In todays society, it is very unfortunate but the HR manager was actually right in raising concern.

I was once writen up on the job because I had the nerve to give the receptionist a shoulder massage when she was stressed out. The General manager/Vice president of personnel called me into the office and explained to me the problem.

He said that while it was quite obvious that the receptionist didn't mind receiving the massage, if things turned sour at work later and she decided to sue, she could then claim that she had been harrassed and the bosses did nothing to prevent it.

Unfortunately, a friendly massage or tickle can be harmless today and a lawsuit tomorrow.

I am not saying that I agree with the HR manager in how she handled it but she was right, on a company line, in preotecting her company from frivolous harassment suits.

Perhaps you should invite this wonderfully ticklish lady out for a date and puck it up where youleft off.... :D

maybe you could ask ths lady out- away from the workplace then it may be ok to tickle

Re: A warning for office ticklers

The HR policy in my work place is this...

1) Talk to the person that is 'harrassing' you FIRST. Ask them to please stop.
2) If he or she does it again, go to THEIR immediate supervisor.
3) If it happens a third time THEN go to HR.

This gives the 'harrassor' an opportunity to cease his or her 'harrassment'.
I really REALLY hate people who go directly to HR over every little thing. Speak to that person FIRST It may have been just something misunderstood.
In MY opinion, the HR person should have spoken to YOU first!
Always start with a verbal warning.
Thungs have gotten so out of hand nowadays. You can't even LOOK at a person without being afraid of HR calling you into their office & being reprimanded.

And for those of us who must carry on, let us all
remember the beautiful words of George Carlin (YES. THE George Carlin)

The paradox of our time in history is that we have :
taller buildings but shorter tempers,
wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints.
We spend more, but have less.
We buy more, but enjoy less.
We have bigger houses and smaller families,
more conveniences, but less time.
We have more degrees but less sense,
more knowledge, but less judgment,
more experts, yet more problems,
more medicine, but less wellness.
We drink too much,
smoke too much,
spend too recklessly,
laugh too little,
drive too fast,
get too angry,
stay up too late,
get up too tired,
read too little,
watch TV too much,
and pray too seldom.
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
We've learned how to make a living, but not a life.
We've added years to life not life to years.
We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.
We conquered outer space but not inner space.
We've done larger things, but not better things.
We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.
We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.
We write more, but learn less.
We plan more, but accomplish less.
We've learned to rush, but not to wait.
We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion,
big men and small character,
steep profits and shallow relationships.
These are the days of two incomes but more divorce,
fancier houses, but broken homes.
These are days of quick trips,
disposable diapers,
throwaway morality,
one night stands,
overweight bodies,
and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill.
It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom.
A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit ‘delete‘.
Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.
Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.
Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.
Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all MEAN it.
A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.
Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.
Give time to love, give time to speak and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

All I know is that I wont even touch a woman at my job. Our HR person is one of those that has nothing beter to do. She walks around trying to stir up trouble. Its not that i'm looking to get touchy feely at the office, but a guy i work with got in hot water for simply patting this hot secretary on the shoulder! No joke! I am seriously afraid to even joke around wit te ladies at work, even if they are joking around with me first. I just laugh and walk away. Its crazy.

I'm so glad I'm a musician. I can tickle or massage anyone I want while "on the job" and they actually like it.

I'd hate to work in an office.

Max :firedevil

Beware . . . of the stupid

It sounds as though Magic Fingers's human resource manager is what we used to call a troublemaker. She sounds like the kind of person that looks for reasons to hassle you, and, when she can't find one, will make one up. She's a solution in search of a problem. Sooner or later her boss will get wise to her.

Don't live in fear of fools, folks. You will never satisfy a moron anyway. Just use your judgment as to where and when to tickle a cute girl. Magic Fingers might have been better off to tickle that woman in private. Tickling her in front of others may have been his only mistake.

I've been tickling female colleagues more than twenty years and never had a problem. That's because I don't do it to everyone all the time; rather, I pick the girl who sends the right vibe and tickle her when no one's around.

Here's a related office tickling thread:

http://www.ticklingforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=34829

:devil: :devil: :devil: Glory, glory, hallelujah, my truth is marching on.

Unfortunately, in the current "lawsuit happy" enviroment, I'm not surprised this happened, even if the woman who was tickled didn't complain. Sexual harassment lawsuits look very bad for companies, and it seems to be a big issue right now. I personally don't think anything should have been done, since the woman in question didn't complain.

I just recently was interviewed by an HR consultant to find out if I had any problems with my working enviroment. The only reason I was singled out is, I work in a department of all men, about 75 men, and me..lol I've never had a problem with it, I laugh and joke with the best of them. However, someone thought my situation should be looked at. I was even offered alternatives to meetings, if I didn't want to be alone in a room with one of my male peers.

While I understand why HR is concerned, people are WAY too paranoide these days!

tbbw

George Carlin did not write that.

He denies it and even rebukes it publicly on his own site.

http://www.GeorgeCarlin.com

This Urban Legend site...

http://www.snopes.com

...investigated it. Really weird things are reported about the writing, and weirder things about the putative original author.

Tickler Bart, I hope you are not offended by my report. Apparently, this false attribution (i.e., that Carlin was the one who wrote it) has misled more people (many many more people) than just yourself.

Better living through the internet, I guess.

P50 said:
George Carlin did not write that.

He denies it and even rebukes it publicly on his own site.

http://www.GeorgeCarlin.com

This Urban Legend site...

http://www.snopes.com

...investigated it. Really weird things are reported about the writing, and weirder things about the putative original author.

Tickler Bart, I hope you are not offended by my report. Apparently, this false attribution (i.e., that Carlin was the one who wrote it) has misled more people (many many more people) than just yourself.

Better living through the internet, I guess.

Don't know who wrote it, but I like it just the same! ;)

Personally I think this is a question of etiquette. If you had the decency to Tickle the Human Resources manager first (I assume she was a female of the fairer sex gender), then there would have been no upset involved. Next time you see her, pin her to the floor, tickle her into hysterics for say ten minutes, and then ask is it okay if I Tickle all the totty round here, when I feel like it. If she says it isn't, then keep Tickling her until she says it is.

BUUUUUUT SERIOUSLY Tickling anyone in a workplace environment just has to be mega risky. That person may have a whole agenda (unknown and unrelated to you) and is just looking for an excuse to leave and screw money out of their employer. Before you know it, you could be accused of making that employee's life hell for months with your sexual advances, pushing them to a nervous breakdown, etc. etc. etc.

In that context I think your Human Resources Manager's response was measured and correct.

Very thin ice here. One must be careful. An occaisional quick tickle here and there if and or when the situation calls for it or an all but invited opportunity presents itself......it would be better to play it safe. Dosen't take much for sexual harassment accusations to be taken seriously enough for management to play it safe and put an abrupt end to any future.......instances.

Safest office type opportunities would be at office parties or casual get togethers where playfulness would be more expected whereas while AT work officially, a tickling would be considered UNprofessional.

TTD

Just a thought

I always watch for HR people first and anyone who's around when attempting a quick tickle.

Our HR staff has nothing better to do then to start trouble.
HR sucks, go do your job at your desk and stop assuming things. Geez..

DK

Sounds like a simple case of...

...that miserable cow from HR needing to mind her own beeswax, or maybe a vanload of ticklers could snatch her outta the parking lot at 5:05 on a Friday and treat her to a long weekend of remedial courtesy lessons! Whatta B*tch. :sowrong:

On the job...

....I think really requires more common sense than anything else. While I agree with the statement made earlier, and Im paraphrasing, that every woman with her shoes off or her arms raised is not begging to be tickled, anyone that has worked somewhere for awhile need only watch the interaction between others to get a feel for the situation. And obviously, the reactions of your peers to your playfulness is also a solid indication of how to act.

Quite frankly, if you REALLY believe that every woman or man you see with their arms raised or their soles exposed is begging to be tickled, regardless of the intensity of your fetish, what you need is a reality check. And obviously, most of us that come in here know better.

Re: On the job...

dajerx said:
....I think really requires more common sense than anything else. While I agree with the statement made earlier, and Im paraphrasing, that every woman with her shoes off or her arms raised is not begging to be tickled, anyone that has worked somewhere for awhile need only watch the interaction between others to get a feel for the situation. And obviously, the reactions of your peers to your playfulness is also a solid indication of how to act.

Quite frankly, if you REALLY believe that every woman or man you see with their arms raised or their soles exposed is begging to be tickled, regardless of the intensity of your fetish, what you need is a reality check. And obviously, most of us that come in here know better.
well put

Re: On the job...

dajerx said:

but try to tell me, with a straight face, that you don’t think about it EVERY time! ;)

I recently picked a tickefight with someone who could have ended up getting ME in trouble. he was in a different department, but with everyone being so anxious to prove how ‘gender blind’ these rules of theirs are... if he had ever decided to push the issue...

I wasn’t worried because I was leaving. otherwise I don’t think I would have risked the work appearance/relationships/respect thing.

Good response Ayla! Hell, EVERY time I see a pair of exposed soles I think the inevitable, LOL... no hurt in that. It wouldn't hurt if it lead to something more than just a thought either! LOL ;)

yeah, seeing exposed soles does make me want to tickle them, but like everyone else said, the timing has to be perfect. i always wait for that opportunity to tickle one of my female friends at work. they know i like to massage and lightly tickle, so they never seem to mind. plus i never tickle anyone until i know i can get away with it. the tickles i do are quick little tickles, although i truly want to tickle them for hours. i think it is all about timing. for example, if the CEO of the company is there, i am not going to tickle my friend. i usually wait until no one else is around when i do my tickling. just need to use some common sense.

plus, i think it is also fun when your co-worker just tells you they are ticklish. that is a good rush as well, even though i didnt tickle them at that time. just listening to them describe how ticklish they are drives me crazy!

Ah, there was a time...
back in the primordial mists of the 1980s, when I swear, I used to tickle ALL the girls in the office on a regular basis. None of them seemed to mind. I got along with them, they got along with me.
Today, while an opportunity or two's been thrown my way, I just don't do it anymore. Not in the office. I am looking forward to the company picnic when the warm weather hits...I know if I see opportunities, I'm going to avail myself of them. I think that kind of environment is conducive to this. Not in the office, though...
:(

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back