• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Al And Tipper Gore Seperate After Forty Years Of Marriage

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I don't have a link to this, but I just heard on CNN that Former Vice President Al Gore, and his wife, Tipper, are seperating after 40 years of marriage.

Supposedly, the report said that no legal papers for divorce have been filed, just that Mr and Mrs Gore are seperating.

Truly sad that a couple who has been married that long has to have this happen. Hopefully, the Gores can work out their problems.

Oh, and for the political pundits of the forum, I would hope for them to work it out even if the Gores were Republicans. I'm a believer in strong family values, and to seperate after that long, to me, is tragic.

If anyone has a link to this, and could post, it would be appreciated.

Mitch

I do wonder what could cause them to seperate after being married for so long.A shame it has to happen.Hopefully,they can makeup.

nelson-ha-ha.jpg

Al and Tipper Gore, married 40 years, to separate
By ERIK SCHELZIG, Associated Press Writer

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, are separating after 40 years of marriage that included a White House run when their sunny relationship offered a counterpoint to President Bill Clinton's philandering.

According to an e-mail circulated among the couple's associates on Tuesday, the Gores said it was "a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider confirmed the statement came from the Gores, but declined to comment further.

The Gores were telling friends they "grew apart" after 40 years of marriage and there was no affair involved, according to two longtime close associates and family friends, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The associates said the Gores, over time, had carved out separate lives, with the former vice president on the road frequently. One of the associates said: "Their lives had gotten more and more separated."

Al Gore lost the 2000 presidential election to Republican George W. Bush. He has since campaigned worldwide to draw attention to climate change, which in 2007 led to a Nobel Peace Prize and an Oscar for the documentary "An Inconvenient Truth."

The Gores, who were married on May 19, 1970, at the National Cathedral in Washington, crafted an image as a happily married couple during his eight-year stint as vice president in the 1990s and a presidential candidate in 2000. The couple famously exchanged a long kiss during the 2000 Democratic presidential convention.

The image of their warm relationship stood in sharp contrast to the Clinton marriage rocked by Bill Clinton's affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky, a scandal that hung over Gore's own presidential campaign.

Al Gore at the time said his wife was "someone I've loved with my whole heart since the night of my high school senior prom."

On Halloween, Al and Tipper Gore would dress up in costume and greet trick-or-treaters who made their way to the vice president's mansion. One year, she was dressed as a puppy and he was dressed as Underdog.

Tipper Gore was a co-founder in 1985 of the Parents Music Resource Center, which pushed for parental warning labels on music with violent or sexually explicit lyrics. The group drew the ire of musicians ranging from Dee Snider of Twisted Sister to Frank Zappa, who said warning labels were unnecessary and a danger to freedom.

Tipper Gore later became friends with the late Zappa's wife, Gail, and played drums and sang backup on daughter Diva Zappa's album in 1999.

The Gores have four adult children, Karenna, Kristin, Sarah and Albert III.

In a letter written to then-girlfriend Tipper as a 17-year-old college freshman, Al Gore wrote: "Mother's having a fit about me riding the motorcycle back to Harvard. Dad's mad at my long hair."

Gore later held his father's former seats in the U.S. House and Senate for 16 years. He first ran for president in 1988 at age 39, but drew little support outside the South.

A subsequent bid in 1992 was derailed after the Gores' 6-year-old son almost died after being hit by a car in 1989.

"It was a very spiritual time for both of us," Tipper Gore later wrote. "In Al's case, he decided to write a book and not to run for president in 1992."

The book was "Earth in the Balance," and Al Gore ended up in the thick of the 1992 campaign anyway — as Bill Clinton's running mate.

Tipper Gore, who has acknowledged treatment for depression after Albert III's accident, is a vocal advocate on mental health issues.

After having been screwed out of the 2000 presidential election due to a bloodless coup d'état through a 5-4 GOP leaning Supreme Court ruling, life with Al Gore might have been hard.

I heard that it was over mutual hostilities building. Al suggested the divorce as an inconvenient truce. :blaugh:

After having been screwed out of the 2000 presidential election due to a bloodless coup d'état through a 5-4 GOP leaning Supreme Court ruling, life with Al Gore might have been hard.

:bwahaha:

Oh boy! That's phrase in funny for too many reasons.

I heard that it was over mutual hostilities building. Al suggested the divorce as an inconvenient truce. :blaugh:

:blaugh: indeed!

I heard about that earlier today. I wish them the best of luck - whether it's together or apart.

Those two always struck me as the most utterly sexless human beings ever.

So now their 'marriage' is over? Whatever. :shrug:

Well you've certainly got me pegged.

I also miss slave labor, smallpox and the Spice Girls. :rolleyes:

Umm....

a-aclint.jpg

:idunno: :idunno: :idunno:

I know what you mean... I miss stains on blue dresses, cigars in the Oval Office and Linda Tripp. :crazy:

Will they have joint custody of the Internet after the split? :idunno: Sorry, I could not resist. I know it's in poor taste.

On a serious note, it's sad seeing a union that lasted so long end. I'm not a fan of Mr. Gore, and know little about Tipper. But on a purely human note it must be a difficult time for them and their family. On that basis, I wish them the best in their personal lives.

Just thought I would add this link, since Gore has been the butt of jokes over his supposed claim of having invented the Internet.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Hard to believe that Al and Tipper are separating but Bill and Hillary are still together. :eek:

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back