• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

American Airlines

Bugman

Verified
I just saw a story on the evening news that for the second time in the last few weeks American Airlines delayed or canceled a number of flights due to overdue inspections.Then,i see a story that some AA pilots claim they are not being properly trained in the use of some new instruments on their planes.I'm flying AA to NEST,i hope i make it on time and in one piece. :shake:

Good luck, Bugman. :D

Over the last ten years, I think, flying any airline has become much less pleasant. I fly only when absolutely necessary now. :(

I just saw a story on the evening news that for the second time in the last few weeks American Airlines delayed or canceled a number of flights due to overdue inspections.Then,i see a story that some AA pilots claim they are not being properly trained in the use of some new instruments on their planes.I'm flying AA to NEST,i hope i make it on time and in one piece. :shake:

Take your luggage on board with you.....:eek:

Good luck, Bugman. :D

Over the last ten years, I think, flying any airline has become much less pleasant. I fly only when absolutely necessary now. :(

When i went to NEST last year it was the first plane trip i had taken in 10 years,and i hated it.I felt like a piece of meat being processed.I used to love to fly.Were it not so far i would drive to NEST.:mad:

Airplanes...

I am an airframe and powerplant technician by trade, and I work on boeing 707's. I spend hours a day fixing, building and overhauling boeings and pouring over boeing drawings and manuals. I will only fly on airlines that use Airbus Jets. I will never fly on a boeing again, unless I've inspected it and overhauled it myself with my team and inspectors. And there is nothing in the world that could get me on a Douglas.

I am an airframe and powerplant technician by trade, and I work on boeing 707's. I spend hours a day fixing, building and overhauling boeings and pouring over boeing drawings and manuals. I will only fly on airlines that use Airbus Jets. I will never fly on a boeing again, unless I've inspected it and overhauled it myself with my team and inspectors. And there is nothing in the world that could get me on a Douglas.

Gee thanks,all my flights are on MD-80's.Sure makes me feel better.:eek:

In my experience, both American and United absolutely suck on pretty much any level you care to name. If you're flying domestically, I'd say go for Delta.

Being a bit of an airline enthuiast I've heard about this story although it wasnt American, it was United. They grounded there entire 777 fleet to do an inspection that was never included in there maintenance list they recieved from boeing. Caused major delays but i think its all sorted now.

Glad it happened now rather than later since im flying with them in May, flew with them last year and was really happy with the service, much better than the airlines here like BA who cant even run there own terminal properly. Best airlines though are the Asian ones Singapore was the best airline ive ever flew with in regards to inflight service.

In my experience, both American and United absolutely suck on pretty much any level you care to name. If you're flying domestically, I'd say go for Delta.

I've only flown Delta once,many years ago.AA had the only flights from Austin to Philly and back that worked for me time and price wise.Guess i'll just keep my fingers crossed.:mad:

Last year i flew US Airways.I would walk or take a bus before i ever set foot on one of their planes again.

Last edited:
SKROOM! They're all going into the toilet, anyhow...

...between the scandals of postponed maintenance on their flying crowd-killers, airlines going bankrupt and stranding thousands of passengers, and the whole security clusterfuck that flying has become these days, I'm just gonna freakin' drive wherever I go from now on. Ugh. :sowrong:

I like Jetblue. Also Midwest Airlines serves awesome chocolate chip cookies.

I heart Southwest. Too bad they only go a few places in the world. I have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Another 1,000 flights canceled today :eek: I feel for the people affected by this.On a selfish note,i hope they get this worked out in the next few weeks.:Grrr:

900 more planned for cancelation tomorrow....

Not looking good at all...

I hate to fly anyhoo but you couldn't pay me to get on ANY airline right now and it's just going to get worse and worse.

I just got back from Hawaii a week and a half after Aloha went under. One of the guys I work with WAS going to a family wedding on ATA this July~12 family members were all booked on the same flight and now they're all SOL. Well, you can rebook on Delta for a 400$ surcharge, they told him. Surcharge my ass, that's the price of an entire TICKET!

Does the jar of Vaseline you're going to need come with the itinerary?
Assholes.
XOXO

Take your luggage on board with you.....:eek:

Venray's point can NOT be emphasized enough......do not check your luggage.

The last flight I was on, which was a few weeks ago, was a Delta Connection flight from Cinci to South Bend, IN. The last of two flights that day. It was the WORST take-off/landing I've ever experienced. The pilot and co-pilot sounded amazingly like Beavis and Butt-head which may explain it.

Also, this is why I'm driving approx 12 hours to NEST.

Don't panic too much bugman, the clusterfsck is supposed to be much better by the 12th. Better that they perform these maintenance checks now than later. My sales team is heading to Mexico next week, and one of the airlines we have group space on is American. We rebooked them all on other airlines just in case. If this is still happening by the time you fly, you can get rebooked on other flights (non MD-80s, or fixed ones), or another airline. Air travel is just crazy, if it's not one thing, it's another. You'll get to Philly, I'm sure of it! :)

Not everyone has bad experiences...

I had four flights in the last week to and from NC, SC and NH.
All the flights left on time, only one had a gate change, and it
was one over, and one flight landed half an hour early.

Additionally, all the landings were smooth, the flight attendants
professionally friendly, and USAir even took some folks who had
been on skybus ( which also went under).

I can't blame the airlines for raising prices in light of the costs
of fuel. It costs me almost $30 for a round trip that I end up
taking twice a week. Flying is still a bargain, and safer than driving.

I also got to fly a plane while there, and that flight was relatively
smooth, as well ;)

Lee

Just read where the inspections are done and all planes back in the air. You should be ok, Buggy.

There was an incident a couple of winters ago but I forgot who the carrier was. Anyway it was winter and due to a snowstorm the planes were all backed up on the runway for hours. One plane sat there for somthing like 8 or 9 hours and they ran out of food and the toilets were backed up. People began to complain but the flight crew insisted they stay put until the runway cleared or they were given instruction to dock again. The lawsuits flew like crazy for weeks and months after that fiasco!! By the way anyone ever sat in the middle of the isle with those tiny seats they have now? And what of the food now? Chips or pretzels with one soda?

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back