• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

American Dad vs Family Guy! Which Is Better?

American Dad or Family Guy

• Total voters

john_q

TMF Master
The question is "American Dad vs Family Guy! Which Is Better?". Now i own every season of american dad 1-3 and family guy 1-6 and their movies and i can say without a doubt american dad owns family guy any day, dont get me wrong, i like family guy but it doesnt even compare funniness of american dad.

My vote american dad

At the risk of being contrarian, my vote is "neither." They bug me both just about equally.

"What the deuce?!?"

Family Guy. hands down.

FAMILY GUY! FAMILY GUY! FAMILY GUY! FAMILY GUY! FAMILY GUY! FAMILY GUY! How many times do I have to say this? Uh Hee!

As much as I enjoy Family Guy (and I really do) something that irritates me are the extended "manatee jokes" (a phrase I believe coined by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, but later adopted by Seth McFarlane himself) which are the random cutaway jokes like "this reminds me of the time I *insert activity here* with *insert person or thing here*" which, to begin with, were brilliant and funny, but in the later series just got kinda stale and bit too obscure or random. They just ended up being distractions that ate up running time.

American Dad doesn't do that. I find it to be a far more focused and straightforward show, which makes it more enjoyable. Less edgy and controversial, perhaps, but it makes far more sense as a series.

On top of that, Stan Smith is a way better all-round character than Peter Griffin, which makes it more of a shame that in 'American Dad' the Alien irritates the hell out of me and the goldfish doesn't do anything at all. Weak impersonations of Brian and Stuey, really. The kids of 'American Dad' have more personality than Chris and Megan, though. Yet I prefer Lois to Francine.

I would say my ideal scenario would be 'American Dad' with Stuey and Brian instead of Roger and Klaus, and Lois instead of Francine. That would be my perfect dysfunctional cartoon family. :super_hap

I-like-Family-Guy.I-couldn't-get-into-American-DadFor-some-reason;to-me-it-just-seems-to-be-a-copy-cat-of-Family-Guy.

It has to be Family Guy! What other show has a man face off with a giant chicken! (Please don't answer that...)

For me it's Family Guy cus the kids and pet beat American Dad's kids, pet and alien.

I like the mom and dad in both shows, but I like Peter and Lois a little more.

However, the kids, alien (I hate the voice of the alien) and fish in American Dad get absolutely destroyed by Brian and Stewie alone. Meg is always open for jokes. Chris sucks, but who cares.

Then you got Mayor West, Lois's dad and Peter's friends. I absolutely hate the old pedophile though, but oh well, he isn't in every show like the alien in AD. Family Guy all the way.

"Nobody messes with Adam We."

Last edited:
For me it's Family Guy cus the kids and pet beat American Dad's kids, pet and alien.

I like the mom and dad in both shows, but I like Peter and Lois a little more.

However, the kids, alien (I hate the voice of the alien) and fish in American Dad get absolutely destroyed by Brian and Stewie alone. Meg is always open for jokes. Chris sucks, but who cares.

Then you got Mayor West, Lois's dad and Peter's friends. I absolutely hate the old pedophile though, but oh well, he isn't in every show like the alien in AD. Family Guy all the way.

"Nobody messes with Adam We."

yeah, the antics between brian and stewie are classic, Mayor West is fantastic and funny, the old pedophile and chris makes a great combo. the fact they all hate meg is great too. but best of all, Peter is why i LOVE it. he's hilarious and people always say i look and act like him for some reason. the first episode i saw that got me hooked on the show was when Peter was chucking grenades out his front window and laughing after each one blew. oh, and also when he was dancing in a Paula Abdul video dressed as a cat.

What's New

5/3/2024
If you need to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back