• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Antivirus question

firegod86

TMF Master
I know it's an odd place to ask this but I don't go many places.

I use Mccaffee and have been told by numerous people don't use it.
But i've used it for years and though my comp is rather slow. It is also 3 years old and cheapest thing on the market.
So i was just wondering what everyone here thinks about it good or bad and what might be the best on the market to buy.

Mcafee is awful, so is Norton.

Personally I use Eset Smart Security. I been using for about 5 years now. I think its pretty good.

www.eset.com

I don't know about "cheapest". I use Avast free antivirus download, and have since I got an adware virus on my comp several years ago. It was recommended to me by the tech who fixed my comp. It does automatic continuous virus updates, and doesn't require the weekly hour long scan that Norton used to. So far, knock on wood, I've found Avast to be fine.

Mcafee is awful, so is Norton.
+1
My computer was as slow as molasses with Norton. As soon as I deleted it, my computer was much faster. I now use Total Defense Internet Security Suite (which comes free from my internet service provider).

So mcafee may be the cause for my sluggish comp then? I never considered that.

Long as i am safe then i'll leave it as it is. I don't need to do much on here.

If you really want to find out more about security and antivirus programs I suggest joining the Wilder's Security forum. Lots of cool people there who are experts in these kind of things.

www.wilderssecurity.com

i know this is slightly off topic, but if your worried about malware check out malwarebytes. the free trial is pretty good

I use avast. I can turn it off while browsing so that it doesn't interfere with anything. I run a check about once a week.

I been using AVG free version for several years and with Advance system care i have no problem with my computer.

Another thing I like about Avast is that it does continuous updates, blocks malware programs, and warns you if it blocked a malicious download or programs. I just had that happen tonight, where it blocked a malware program, and I received a warning that it did so.

I've wasted money on Norton (useless bloatware), and winced at McAfee (made every single machine I've seen it installed on run slowly and erratically). Avast has done all right by me.

I've wasted money on Norton (useless bloatware), and winced at McAfee (made every single machine I've seen it installed on run slowly and erratically). Avast has done all right by me.

I've been using Avast (paid version) and been very happy with it. And, got my first year for $19.95. Yeah, McAfee and Norton stink out loud.

I'll buck the trend, and say that I have used McAfee for years with no problems. The difference is I have the Enterprise version - my employer actually encourages employees to install it at home and allow you a license to do so (believe me, I'm extremely careful about that). It's related to a lot of people who work sometimes from their home, and thus they want to make sure the protection is there as well.

I'll buck the trend, and say that I have used McAfee for years with no problems. The difference is I have the Enterprise version - my employer actually encourages employees to install it at home and allow you a license to do so (believe me, I'm extremely careful about that). It's related to a lot of people who work sometimes from their home, and thus they want to make sure the protection is there as well.

My cousin used that as well for quite sometime and had few problems. Perhaps the Enterprise version is better designed.

Try Kapersky as well.

I have used Kaspersky its pretty good as well I think. I went to Eset cause it runs on XP SP2.

kop's right. Norton is awful, and a waste of money. My old comp got the adware virus that caused it to freeze, and make it necessary for me to spend $200 on a tech some years ago, when it had Norton. After that freeze, is when I started using Avast.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back