• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any advice for a bad stomach

What kind of bad stomach. Ginger ale works sometimes for stomach aches, but if it's constipation I recommend milk of magnesia.

I've had a multitude of stomach problems for years. As ndj said, though, what kind of stomach problems you have, will depend on what remedy to recommend.

I often get acid reflux or indigestion. For that, one to two Rolaids or Tums, every few hours, should work.

If it's constipation, try a stool softener, or milk of magnesia.

For Diarrhea, or Irritable Bowel Syndrome, causing a Loose BM, etc, I've always used Immodium. You might get constipated for a couple of days, but at least it will stop the running to the bathroom.

I hope my suggestions help. I sympathize with you, because I've had all of the above stomach problems I've mentioned, at various times through the years. I have the stomach from hell, lol.

Mitch

There are about 100 products over the counter that you can buy and nearly al of them work!

Seeing a doctor might be best, but I've been recommended tea, plain tea.
Maybe green but that might be an acquired taste.

Plain tea with honey if your throat bothers you, but I don't konw how that would affect the stomach so plain tea might be best. Though I also like ginger ale when I have an upset stomach, sipped slowly.

If it's nausea, tea with toast (I've put butter), dry cookies, etc. Plain stuff.

I'm not sure about bananas, but they might also help, or maybe half if too much.

I heard apples actually help prevent the runs but again, not sure, since they are a little acidic so maybe not, especially if you're nauseus, or ask a doctor.

Seeing a doctor might be best, but I've been recommended tea, plain tea.
Maybe green but that might be an acquired taste.

Plain tea with honey if your throat bothers you, but I don't konw how that would affect the stomach so plain tea might be best. Though I also like ginger ale when I have an upset stomach, sipped slowly.

If it's nausea, tea with toast (I've put butter), dry cookies, etc. Plain stuff.

I'm not sure about bananas, but they might also help, or maybe half if too much.

I heard apples actually help prevent the runs but again, not sure, since they are a little acidic so maybe not, especially if you're nauseus, or ask a doctor.

yes do that!!!.

Don't discount the possibility of an ulcer. My father found out his stomach discomfort was actually a perforated ulcer that could have killed him THAT very day that I took him to the hospital to get checked out.

We got lucky because the ulcer didn't behave as it should have and diagnostics missed it until the imaging tech showed them.

It's difficult to help without knowing what kind of stomach issues you're having. A remedy that would work for one issue would make another worse. However, a few ideas...

Firstly, if it's an ongoing issue that you've been unable to resolve, see your doctor to be sure there's nothing going on that requires more than a simple fix.

If you're constipated on a regular basis, it can cause cramps and even nausea. Try drinking more water and other non-caffinated drinks. The more hydrated you are, the easier it will be for you to clear your bowels. Avoiding too much of harder to digest foods for a bit can also help.

If you're having indigestion on a regular basis, see your doctor! It could be as simple as eating something that your system doesn't like. But, it could also be a more serious issue like an ulcer or heart issues. Don't take chances!

If you're having nausea, basil tea can be a simple way to ease it. But, again...you need to figure out the cause, not simply treat the symptom. It could simple be a side effect of one of the meds you're on or something that requires immediate medical attention.

I could go on and on not knowing what you're dealing with. But, the bottom line of everything, is to see a doctor and find out what's going on that's causing the symptoms.

Not fun... but you've had some good suggestions. Sometimes nerves/stress can contribute to that big time... best to see your doc about it :)

Ann is right, actually about indigestion on a regular basis, and seeing your doctor.

Several years ago, someone I know was complaining about a perpetual burning sensation, and heartburn. They ran tests, and it turned out he had blocked arteries in his heart, and needed two angioplasties. I'm not saying what you have is this, or, trying to scare you, but.. since you haven't specifically mentioned what your stomach aliment is, I wanted to caution you about what happened to the person I know.

I sincerely hope your stomach problem doesnt turn out to be that, and that you can find a remedy for it.

Mitch

I can certainly relate.

Prilosec is my best friend. :aww:

I use either apple cider vinegar (1 oz mixed in 2-4 oz or juice, tea, or water) or baking soda (1/2-1 tsp mixed in 4-8oz juice, tea, or water). Under no circumstances ever mix the two together; you'll turn your intestines into a volcano!

Alternate them throughout the day and you should get some results relatively quickly. If it persists, go see your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon

Not fun... but you've had some good suggestions. Sometimes nerves/stress can contribute to that big time... best to see your doc about it :)

and the more you worry about it the worse it is - vicious circle and a common complaint.
Try to ignore it and not even think about it. Not easy though of course.

Try an antacid such as Mylanta first.

If that doesn't help, then try an acid blocker such as Prilosec OTC.

If that still doesn't help, then see a gastroenterologist.

To be honest its stress I have been bedridden from the stomach pain due to things going on in my life.

To be honest its stress I have been bedridden from the stomach pain due to things going on in my life.

I'm definitely sorry you're going through like that.

May I suggest some natural cures first like the cider vinegar or baking soda? And what are you doing to reduce your stress?

Like I said I do not want to get in to what is causing the stomach pains here in the thread, but I think what is causing it is normal things in life. I will not go in it here because I do not feel its appropriate although I have shared some of the things thats going on with some of my friends on here in private. Its more like a feeling of anger and frustration if that makes sense rather than depression, I have been depressed I do not want to die, I just want to punch a hole in the wall. I do not share anger well is the thing I tend to repress the anger, hide it by going off alone rather than screaming. Usually my friends (Those that take the time to get to know me and understand me) understand that its the way I show anger and frustration.

Like I said I do not want to get in to what is causing the stomach pains here in the thread, but I think what is causing it is normal things in life. I will not go in it here because I do not feel its appropriate although I have shared some of the things thats going on with some of my friends on here in private. Its more like a feeling of anger and frustration if that makes sense rather than depression, I have been depressed I do not want to die, I just want to punch a hole in the wall. I do not share anger well is the thing I tend to repress the anger, hide it by going off alone rather than screaming. Usually my friends (Those that take the time to get to know me and understand me) understand that its the way I show anger and frustration.

I'm not a therapist and I certainly don't want to upset you.

But depression has many ugly forms and can reveal itself in many ways including anger, frustration, and rage. I'm not pinning a label on you, really I'm not. I'm just concerned for you and by maybe showing you another perspective about your situation it'll give you something else to consider.

Regardless of what direction you choose, I hope you do something to relieve your pain and feel better.

What's New

6/4/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums. See who is meeting where and when!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back