• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any rope tying/knot advice?

SpiffyTickler

1st Level Red Feather
Im still kind of a novice at rope tying. I tend to just wrap the rope around and do some rudimentary knot tying until it seems to work. I'd really like to find some set techniques for different types of tie up situations that provide the best comfort for the ticklee while giving me a very securely tied lee to tickle.

Right now I'd just like to know some rope techniques for spread eagle, a straight eagle (spread eagle without the spread), and for tying hands behind the back. Can anyone impart some advice?

Eh, I don't think you want shibari.

This is the best site I've seen. Step by step instructions with pictures at every step, and it teaches you the function and safety qualities of each knot. It covers spread-eagle tying, wrists together behind the back, and more.

sabaki said:
Eh, I don't think you want shibari.

This is the best site I've seen. Step by step instructions with pictures at every step, and it teaches you the function and safety qualities of each knot. It covers spread-eagle tying, wrists together behind the back, and more.

great find, sabaki! actually, only one of those links covers shibari. the other is some of the more common knots and binds you'll see in different bondage sites. they came highly recommended by our neighborhood rope man, Redmage.

I recommend picking up a copy of "Jay Wiseman's Erotic Bondage Handbook"

It is a great book with lots about how tie someone up as well as some self bondage sections as well.

I've always wanted to try the super-spread-eagle on page 204. Basically you are bound in the regular spread eagle then you have an additional ropes bind your wrists together, your ankles together and your wrists to your ankles, essentially pinning your wrists and ankles in one place removing just about all wiggle room.

Seems like a great position to be tickled in.

I also recommend Jay Wiseman's book, as well as all three sites that have been posted by Cloudgazer and Sabaki. Even the Shibari site has some good basic bondage info on it, and you can go further with it if you want to.

Jay Wiseman's book is good, though I have to say it's rather technical. Kinda reads like a math textbook. And the explanations aren't great for those who need more visual cues (like me!) to figure out what's being described. Though it's easily the most comprehensive book on the subject and has *great* info on how to select rope. Mmmm... rope.... :)

This may seem weird, but if you can tie boxing gloves on someones hands that won't slip off.. you can you whatever secure knot and rope at the wrist of the glove..

TNT said:
Jay Wiseman's book is good, though I have to say it's rather technical. Kinda reads like a math textbook.
That's just how Jay is. He'd be a computer geek if he hadn't been a paramedic and now a lawyer first. He tends to be very precise, detailed, and scientific even when he's talking face to face.

Chuck D said:
This may seem weird, but if you can tie boxing gloves on someones hands that won't slip off.. you can you whatever secure knot and rope at the wrist of the glove..
I'm not sure I follow. Are you suggesting boxing gloves as an anchor for restraints? If so, why? If you don't mind me asking?

Redmage said:
I'm not sure I follow. Are you suggesting boxing gloves as an anchor for restraints? If so, why? If you don't mind me asking?

Yes as an anchor.. then you can tie any knot/rope around the wrist over the gloves.. that way the rope won't tear up a person's wrist over time..

Chuck D said:
Yes as an anchor.. then you can tie any knot/rope around the wrist over the gloves.. that way the rope won't tear up a person's wrist over time..
That would only happen if you used scratchy rope and/or tied the knot too loose or too tight. If you tie a soft rope at the right tension (using a knot that won't tighten as the person pulls on it), the 'lee can struggle all she wants for as long as she wants, and no abrasion will happen.

Chuck D said:
Well, as far as that goes you can use any sort of padding that way. I've seen videos and photographs of people using towels or even foam rubber wrapped around the 'lee's wrists, and that probably provides as much padding as boxing gloves, maybe more.

There are several problems with this approach though. First, boxing gloves won't do anything for a 'lee's ankles. Second, gloves, towels, rubber, etc. are all pretty ugly (except to someone who fetishizes such things perhaps). Third, they don't actually allow you to use just any knot. A tie that allows the rope to constrict under tension will still cause problems for the 'lee.

I'd say that if someone doesn't want to use proper rope bondage that avoids these problems, then they're better off just using cloth or leather cuffs.

Redmage said:
I'd say that if someone doesn't want to use proper rope bondage that avoids these problems, then they're better off just using cloth or leather cuffs.

Yeah, honestly something like that is the best way.

ChuckD and Redmage: how about bondage mittens? Some have D-rings attached to them. I don't know how well they would work for tickling, but I think they can look cute.

Bondage mittens are a bit different. They tend to be built like cuffs with cloth or leather bags that fit over the hands. So they're about as comfortable as cuffs but they have a bonus psychological effect: they completely cover and disable the bottom's hands. There's a real mental impact to realizing that you no longer have the use of your fingers and thumbs, even if you didn't plan to use them. They aren't as bulky as boxing gloves or various improvised pads either.

I'd say the best is a padded table where you can strap the wrist, elbows, maybe the chest, maybe the waist, the knees, and the ankles.. then no pressure will be will be cutting into any specific area

Chuck D said:
I'd say the best is a padded table where you can strap the wrist, elbows, maybe the chest, maybe the waist, the knees, and the ankles.. then no pressure will be will be cutting into any specific area
If the only positions you and your 'lee are interested in are a face-up and (perhaps) face-down spreadeagle, then that's probably the most secure way to do it. A table like that would be a little expensive for my tastes though, given such a limited range of uses.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back