• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any Sci-Fi fans on here!!!

Whoviantrekkie

TMF Master
What's your favorite sci-fi?!

Mine:

Movies:
Star Wars (All of them), Back To The Future Trilogy, The first two Terminator movies, The Matrix (Just the first one)

TV:
Doctor Who, Star Trek, Smallville, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, and others soon to come.

Books:
DC and Marvel Comics, and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Any other fans of anything?

For all categories: Anything Warhammer 40.000 :D

Games: Starcraft is a true classic! I also kinda liked Knights of the Old Republic.

Movies: Star Wars Episodes 4-6 (with the original ending... Why, George Lucas, WHY did you have to throw in Jar-Jar screaming "Wesa free!"?!?), the Matrix movies are also ok, but I'm not a huge fan of them.

TV: Code Geass (anime), Trigun (anime), Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, The 4400

Books: Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and absolutely ANYTHING written by Isaac Asimov! :bubbleheart:

Forbidden Planet
This Island Earth
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
The Valley of Gwangi

What's your favorite sci-fi?!

Mine:

Movies:
Star Wars (All of them), Back To The Future Trilogy, The first two Terminator movies, The Matrix (Just the first one)

TV:
Doctor Who, Star Trek, Smallville, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, and others soon to come.

Books:
DC and Marvel Comics, and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Any other fans of anything?

I love superheros too but they don't classify as sci-fi.. lol.. they would be under action or fantasy :p

Movies:

I'm a Will Smith freak so obviously the top of the list is I, Robot, Indepdance Day, Men In Black, I Am Legend.. I'm also a big Trekkie.. so Star Trek movies come next.. Serenty, super hero movies of all kinds, Star Wars is pretty good too and well there's quite a few others that I can't think of right now lol

TV Shows:

Star Trek (obviously) Star Gate (SGI and Atlantis -- I'm a huge Star Gate fan.. yay for Universe coming in October), Fringe (Hopefully it'll return), firefly, super hero cartoons of all kinds. and I'm sure there's more I can't think of.

Last edited:
Anything Sci Fi is good by me..been a fan of books, TV and movies Sci Fi related since I was 6 years old.....

And now my 10 yo is becoming a Trekkie!!! YAY!

Movies: I like the 'Back to the Future' trilogy myself. 'Serenity'. 'Terminator' and 'The Fifth Element'.

TV: Star Trek, Firefly.

Books: 'Jurassic Park' (not sure if it can be listed as scifi. 'Dexter Knight'.

My two big favorites are the Dune series by Frank Herbert and the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov. I REALLY loved the Dune series.

I love superheros too but they don't classify as sci-fi.. lol.. they would be under action or fantasy :p

Right Superheroes aren't Sci-fi there just action stories about human evolution, super-humanoids, genetics, gadgets that seem implausible in real life, aliens, space, parallel universes and multiverses, and robots don't forget the robots lol.

I see superheroes as a sub-genre of Sci-fi like fantasy, Spy-fi, or space westerns.

Alright so we have trekkies that's awesome! I've yet to see Firefly but I've heard its fantastic and I have seen the movie Serenity and I loved it. I forgot to mention another movie I'm a huge fan of is Jurassic Park. It was the very first movie I ever saw in a movie theater! I've also been meaning to read the original book, I've been told that Michael Chrichton is a genius writer and I've been meaning to pick up one of his books for years.

There's also a bunch of shows that I really want to see but haven't gotten around to yet namely Firefly, Babylon 5, Quantum Leap, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, anyone care to give any insight or other serious suggestions?

Right Superheroes aren't Sci-fi there just action stories about human evolution, super-humanoids, genetics, gadgets that seem implausible in real life, aliens, space, parallel universes and multiverses, and robots don't forget the robots lol.

I see superheroes as a sub-genre of Sci-fi like fantasy, Spy-fi, or space westerns.

lol u know what now that u put it that way i suppose you are right lol..

technically Superman is from another planet.. and a bunch of other super heroes were created by science like spider-man and the hulk, and x-men were because of genetics.. so yeah you're right, i'm sorry lol

i shall edit my post, not that anyone will read my edit and additions lol but yeah :p

hehe

Hey no worries man we're all here to learn. And I'm interested in what you all have to say otherwise I wouldn't have posted this thread.

I suppose something else to put on my list of shows to see is the X-Files and the Star Trek spin offs (Next Gen.-Enterprise.) I did actually watch these shows as a kid but I was at the age then where all I cared about were pretty lights and explosions and not story. Now I'm the opposite and I'd like to re-watch these shows with a new outlook since the only Star Trek I've seen recently is the Original Series and some of the movies.

By the way are there any Doctor Who fans as well here? Because that's my favorite science fiction, I was even The Fourth Doctor last Halloween!

Hey no worries man we're all here to learn. And I'm interested in what you all have to say otherwise I wouldn't have posted this thread.

I suppose something else to put on my list of shows to see is the X-Files and the Star Trek spin offs (Next Gen.-Enterprise.) I did actually watch these shows as a kid but I was at the age then where all I cared about were pretty lights and explosions and not story. Now I'm the opposite and I'd like to re-watch these shows with a new outlook since the only Star Trek I've seen recently is the Original Series and some of the movies.

Star Trek is amazing.. I wish Deep Space Nine would show on tv though.. I can find Voyager sometimes at 3 am.. Next Gen plays on WGN and SyFy (Sci-Fi changed how it's spelled), and Enterprise is on SyFy.. but I miss seeing DS9.. it used to come on before Voyager, but oh well.. we have the 1st two seasons of DS9 on dvd so i guess that's good enough.

I remember Voyager being the most nostalgic Star Trek for me. With the exception of the kiddy shows and cartoons my parents had to sit through when I was little, Voyager was the ONLY show we all watched as a family from its beginning to its end.

It saddens me that most of my Trek fan friends HATE Voyager as well as DS9 and Enterprise.

Also a funny story I actually found out recently that my old High School video production teacher actually wrote an episode of Next Generation!!!

I remember Voyager being the most nostalgic Star Trek for me. With the exception of the kiddy shows and cartoons my parents had to sit through when I was little, Voyager was the ONLY show we all watched as a family from its beginning to its end.

It saddens me that most of my Trek fan friends HATE Voyager as well as DS9 and Enterprise.

Also a funny story I actually found out recently that my old High School video production teacher actually wrote an episode of Next Generation!!!

Its cause those series' were complete brainchilds of Rick Berman and massively changing canon and chronology of the trek series

I mean hell, Voyager ruined the Borg and DS9 was a near story for story rip off of Babylon 5

But i did prefer ds9 over voyager

Its cause those series' were complete brainchilds of Rick Berman and massively changing canon and chronology of the trek series

I mean hell, Voyager ruined the Borg and DS9 was a near story for story rip off of Babylon 5

But i did prefer ds9 over voyager

no it didn't.. it's because it was different, that's why people didn't like voyager and and ds9.. DS9 was basically on a space station and voyager was in the delta quadrent.. and people didn't like that because some people don't like change.. they weren't like tng or tos so people didn't like them.. although ds9 and voyager were and still are my favorites.. but i don't know why you think they messed up chronology and canon..

And about DS9 being a wrip of Babylon 5, that's what you're definately wrong about bc unless they can tell the future it wasn't.. Babylon 5 premiered AFTER DS9. DS9 premiered in 93, Babylon 5 was in 94.. so no it wasn't.. But I loved B5 too.. I watched every episode. It was tight..

And

no it didn't.. it's because it was different, that's why people didn't like voyager and and ds9.. DS9 was basically on a space station and voyager was in the delta quadrent.. and people didn't like that because some people don't like change.. they weren't like tng or tos so people didn't like them.. although ds9 and voyager were and still are my favorites.. but i don't know why you think they messed up chronology and canon..

And about DS9 being a wrip of Babylon 5, that's what you're definately wrong about bc unless they can tell the future it wasn't.. Babylon 5 premiered AFTER DS9. DS9 premiered in 93, Babylon 5 was in 94.. so no it wasn't.. But I loved B5 too.. I watched every episode. It was tight..

And

To start last first, yes there is a month gap(actually more like 20-25 days) between series' between DS9 and B5 but B5 kept the same story\shadow arc\mythic storyline since the first season where as DS9 had the rebuilding of Bajor\Emmisary storyline to exploring the Gamma Quadrant to then the eventual Dominion War which Mimics the shadow war in B5 in many ways. Also B5 did the whole Emmisary\higher being thing before DS9 did. Im not denouncing either show, im acknowledging the similarities of both. Both stations a midway point for earth. Both get involved in a major war, both get cut off from earth, both return to earth, both have a mythic figure that becomes a messiah of types

Most of the hardcore fans and regular watchers complained about voyager since it didn't fit the series of Trek. As with my forementioned borg comment, they didn't follow simplicity. There are sites where fans have tracked the usage of materials and death of crew members and pretty much Voyager runs OVER the number they should have. Plus it just so happens they have exactly the materials they need to continue to proceed home. But the major annoyance is the Borg. They went from One cube being able to decimate 2 fleets to being taken advantage of by 1 ill equipped and resource depleted Intrepid class clip. Its not coincidence they put Jeri Ryan and other former trek stars into the series to boost ratings because it simply didn't work. Chronology and canon i referenced for Enterprise since Berman states that Enterprise is Canon yet it conflicts

Back to DS9 again, B5 had a serial story telling format, which worked for them. You can see DS9 adapted to this after 2-4 seasons after B5 worked this which resulted in the Dominion War

There is also this
J. Michael Straczynski approached Paramount Pictures, the studio which produced DS9, with the idea of producing B5 and had given them a copy of the series "bible" in 1989, several years before production on either series began. Straczynski has been quoted that DS9 was not developed until about 1991/1992 on the JMS message archive [1], and it is documented that DS9 was not announced by Paramount until nearly two months after the announcement of B5 by Warner Bros./PTEN in November 1991. Straczynski does not think that the producers of DS9 (Berman and Piller) borrowed the B5 concepts but the borrowing was done by the Paramount executives who had been given the series "bible" who directed the development of the series. ("Grand Theft, drama!" and "Re: DS9 vs B5 comments")

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back