• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any singers out there ?

stroker

1st Level Red Feather
After many years of confining my musical efforts to guitar playing Ive fairly recently tried my hand at singing, something Id avoided previously cos I couldnt sing and play the guitar at the same time.Ive gotten over that hurdle but while i can carry a tune vocally ,Id like to be a lot better at it and am considering lessons .But they aint cheap. So my question is have any of you had vocal tuition, and if so did it make a significant difference to both your technique and the quality of your voice ?. Im not looking for anything operatic. classic rock being my favourite genre.

I went to school for singing...It cost me 25,000 dollars to learn how to sing...but I can! :)

PS...I'm trained in opera. It takes years to learn to sing with the technique I've developed. However, in addition to being a student, I'm also a teacher. I think just having someone to hear you is really the biggest thing to help you improve. Teachers are wonderful, but they definitely get pricey. Also, in your particular genre, it's difficult to find someone who specifically teaches that. You'll often find teachers who will teach technique or maybe musical theatre, but rarely rock/pop/r&b...at least in my area.

Another good thing for you to do without having a teacher is just record yourself and listen for what you hear. You'd be surprised at what listening can do. Just remember, don't judge your ear WHILE you are singing. Your ear can't hear the actual color your voice is producing. It gets sort of "lost in translation" by the time the sound actually reaches your ear. So maybe instead of investing in a voice teacher, first invest in a decent recorder and see what you can do for yourself :).

I can sing...

But, you have too wear earplugs - in the next town. :jester:

Just kidding(or, am I)?

Actually, I really don't know any honest opinions(about my singing), I haven't been under supervision of a teacher/instructor, and I'm not really interested. All I know is I haven't seen any irritated, annoyed, or akward faces; so, that might be a good thing. :shrug:

Thanks 88 Ill try recording myself as you suggest and see what comes out, cheers.

I can sing...

But, you have too wear earplugs - in the next town. :jester:

Just kidding(or, am I)?

Actually, I really don't know any honest opinions(about my singing), and I'm not really interested in knowing. All I know is I haven't seen any irritated, annoyed, or akward faces; so, that might be a good thing. :shrug:

Ive only tried it in public at my local pub which has the worlds worst karoake system and the reactions have varied from " thaaat waashh brilliant mate ..hic " to "if he sings again were gonna batter him " so I havent a clue but Id kinda like to avoid getting bottled off if I ever get to do a proper gig.

I'll vouch for Tklee88. I have heard her in recordings and in person and this girl can really belt out the show tunes as well as bring a tear with her opera training. Listen to her when she talks about this subject. She knows her shit!

Myself? I am a shower singer and when I do the Water Company turns my service off at the street.

What's New

5/12/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back