• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Anyone taken the LSAT?

Strider

2nd Level Blue Feather
I'm in all likelihood taking the LSAT in June. I was curious if anyone here has taken it, and could explain what I can generally expect from it. Thanks!

I took it 4 years ago and it is a mutha. If I were you buy the Kaplan test books for LSAT and go online and download old tests. Just practice baby practice. It has six sections: 2 sections of logical reasoning (LR), 1 reading comp (RC), 1 logic games (LG), 1 unscored section which will mimic other sections but you won't know which one is the one, and finally a writing sample.

LR is a series of arguments presented then you are asked to find the argument's assumption, an alternate conclusion, logical omissions or errors in the argument, to choose another argument with parallel reasoning, or to identify a statement that would either weaken or strengthen the argument. Logic class should give you the basic tools to answer these questions.

RC is pretty straightforward. 4 passages of about 500 words and you are asked questions about the passages.

LG are the ass kickers. You are given a setup and some rules governing the situation. Then you are asked to deduce aspects of the setup. Only by doing them do you get better. Bookstores and supermarkets sell logic games puzzle books that are similar to these as well as the Kaplan workbooks. Your mind must be trained to detect omissions, false assumptions, gaps in logic, and patterns.

The writing sample is not scored but copied and sent to law schools. Some law schools don't even use it. But if law school is in your future, dusting off the old writing skills wouldn't be a bad idea. Only English post-grads write more than law school students.

In case you are wondering I scored a 153 which is not bad. I decided not to go to law school because of the ethical minefields. I hope this helps. Hit me back if you have more questions.

TS

I took the LSAT several years ago. I did very well on the ACT without studying at all, so I figured that I should be able to do the same with the LSAT. I ended up being only partially right. The Analytical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension sections of the LSAT were very easy. I finished both with time to spare, and only missed a couple of questions in each section. (Or maybe less, my memory is a little hazy.) The two Logical Reasoning sections were not so easy. The questions themselves are not terribly difficult, but most of them are very convoluted and take a bit of time to reason out. I missed almost none of the Logical Reasoning questions that I actually answered, but I ran out of time on both of these sections and ended up having to guess at the answers towards the end. This hurt my score significantly, although I still did fairly well overall. ;)

If I ever want to go to law school (which is highly unlikely, given that you actually have to show up for class in law school... :xlime: ) I'll probably study some before taking the LSAT again. If nothing else, I'll at least practice those damn logic puzzles.

Please note that this was just my personal experience. Your mileage may vary. :)

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back