• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ashamed of a Tickling Fetish

Aimee

Verified
Why would you ever feel guilty about having a tickling fetish?

I'm sorry, but, I just see so many posts / new threads from people saying they don't understand why they have this fetish, and that they feel weird or like a freak because tickling arouses them. Why?

I can understand people keeping it a secret, because it is a personal and sexual (for some) thing.
--not every person walking down the street needs to know you have a tickling fetish. That's cool--I get that.

But what are you so ashamed of?
Yeah, it's not normal to be aroused by tickling--so what?
It's something that is a part of you...it's like feeling guilty because you have a nose, ya know?

I'm not saying every tickle fetishist should just immediately wake up one day and have this new found attitude about tickling and how amazingly awesome it is and just feel 100% confident and comfortable with it...

But you found your way to this site, you've posted in threads, you've watched the videos, seen the pictures, and read the stories. You've seen that there is a whole community out there that shares your love of tickling.

I guess I just want to know what causes people to post their first thread that says:
"Hi...I love tickling, but I feel ashamed about it."

Are you ashamed only because you think it's weird?
Do you think it's going to be too awkward to have a tickling session?
Do you feel guilty because it's not the "normal" thing to be aroused by?

Does any of this make sense?
I'm not dragging down people who post these type of threads--I just want to know why.

for myself i guess i'm more worried friends of mine will look at me differently, which i do not want. but i am not ashamed to have this fetish.. though i do wish i could... satisfy it more then i do..

At first I was nervous about the whole thing because I didn't want to be labeled a freak just because I was into something different. Growing up I've seen far too many people take flack for being different to your "normal" average person either by how they dress and such things. I always seemed to think that if people found out that I liked tickling and got aroused by it that I would cause me more problems than it was worth, people would look at me in disgust and I would have to hide away for the rest of my life ashamed.

Even after finding this and other sites I would pretty much just hide in the background and not join in. It's made it so much more easier knowing that I am not alone in my love for tickling. It's only really recently that I have thought fuck it, whats the worse that can happen and decided to put myself out there. It's turned out to be great experience so far. I mean I have made plenty of new online friends as well as met up with some in real life, which has in turn led to tickling sessions. :)

I can't believe how much fun I have had since I've come out of my shell. At my first tickle session I was really nervous, I went to one of the open sessions that the producer of UKTickling put on. It was nerve wracking for me to be around someone I was going to be having bound in front of me and eventually tickle, nevermind others watching me do it. My nerves eventually calmed down after talking with everyone, I realised we were all into the same thing and that it wasn't a bad thing.

Now don't get me wrong I still feel a little nervous when I've had other sessions since, but it's made it so much more easier to relax and enjoy the experience and generally be more comfortable talking about tickling and actually tickling someone.

I hope thats helped towards answering your question. :)

It's a high school trauma. If you're not like the cool people, you're BAD and everybody makes fun of you.

Once you don't care if people think you are cool anymore and accept yourself being different and you're proud of being different - no more problems! :)

I'm sorry, but, I just see so many posts / new threads from people saying they don't understand why they have this fetish, and that they feel weird or like a freak because tickling arouses them. Why?

I can understand people keeping it a secret, because it is a personal and sexual (for some) thing.
--not every person walking down the street needs to know you have a tickling fetish. That's cool--I get that.

But what are you so ashamed of?
Yeah, it's not normal to be aroused by tickling--so what?
It's something that is a part of you...it's like feeling guilty because you have a nose, ya know?

I'm not saying every tickle fetishist should just immediately wake up one day and have this new found attitude about tickling and how amazingly awesome it is and just feel 100% confident and comfortable with it...

But you found your way to this site, you've posted in threads, you've watched the videos, seen the pictures, and read the stories. You've seen that there is a whole community out there that shares your love of tickling.

I guess I just want to know what causes people to post their first thread that says:
"Hi...I love tickling, but I feel ashamed about it."

Are you ashamed only because you think it's weird?
Do you think it's going to be too awkward to have a tickling session?
Do you feel guilty because it's not the "normal" thing to be aroused by?

Does any of this make sense?
I'm not dragging down people who post these type of threads--I just want to know why.

Generally speaking, people are ashamed of it because it makes them different then others. Generally speaking, we learn from an early age and all through our life how important acceptance is. Even the "freaks" in school usually had their own little group which allowed them some level of acceptance. Having a tickling fetish makes you different then those who don't, and unlike Gothes, a tickling fetish isn't worn on the sleeve of youre shirt. Because of this, it can make people feel isolated and seperate from the group they normally associate with.

If a person is very vanilla, this can be even worse as they have no knowledge/experience with the kinkier side of sex and can feel that those who engage in such acts are deviants. This can cause even more stress. This can be considerably worse if they have a girlfriend or even worse, a wife who is also strictly vanilla with conservative views on sexuality. Don't even get me started on people in the bible belt.

The point is, there are a ton of reasons why a person wouldn't be happy about having a tickling fetish.

I think for me it was the feeling that something must be slightly wrong with me. Why do I like is so much more than everyone else? Why did I only date guys who loved to tickle me- even if they weren't into like I was? Why did I blush or smile every time I heard the word?

Even at our last munch (It was for bottoms, subs, slaves, and switches) one of the subs inquired about our gatherings and such. I have no idea why I blushed, took a bite, took a sip... and then finally said tickling. To which she responded, "Oh, I won't be doing that!" Everyone at the table laughed at her reaction. I've heard many of people speak about tickling being their hard limit.

So- Even though I am pretty comfortable in my ticklish skin.... every once in awhile I get a little shy about it.

Just my thoughts, but I always thought a large part of it was fear that it would lead to problems in intimate relationships and/or a significant other would reject someone because of it.

People don't like admitting they are different. But, I totally agree with you aimee. Tickling is nothing to be ashamed of.

For me it was the fact that I already felt like I'd have a hard time finding someone to share my life with and then having the tickling preference on top of that made it even more awkward. A combination of seeing myself in a bad light and being scared of being different I suppose.
That and adding to the fact that I had no idea how I was going to approach it. Should I try to meet up with people that I know are into tickling and hope that I'd get to try it sometime or should I introduce it to a future boyfriend/date? And how do you even have a session, is it super serious or can you have fun with it? They might sound like really silly questions but those were the ones I had back then and that made me feel awkward and slightly ashamed of my fetish.

Nowadays I know a lot better than to bash it though ;)

Im not ashamed of it in itself, but there is being honest and their is being stupid . I wouldnt broadcast it because its an unfortunate fact of life that the world is full of people who cant be happy unless they are bringing someone else down, and nothing does that better than being able to label someone as a 'pervert'

I am not ashamed of my tickling/foot fetish, but it is different for girls and guys. I know that us guys have lots of advantages in life with regards to various types of discrimination, but when it comes to sharing kinks, the ladies have it made. Girls with crazy kinks are considered hot...guys with crazy kinks have to be careful not to look like weirdos.

I'll never be ashamed of it...and I bring it up to every potential girlfriend

I think some people are ashamed of it because maybe they shared it with someone and got rejected for it. Like for some people, tickling is worst thing in the world. I've met some girls that make it seem so bad. They would rather I have a fetish to stick a baseball bat up their ass then to tickle them. So sometimes it seems that tickling is such a bad fetish to have.

I've had girls tell me "Well your just gonna have to decide how important tickling is to you."
WTF! Hello! It's a fetish! Can't just flip a switch and turn it off! I think people become more ashamed when others make them feel that way. Yes their is a community here for us, but it's not like we all live down the block from each other. Ya know?

So I can understand why people are ashamed. It's a hard thing to date with a tickle fetish. Hey! That's a good name for a song!!

Same reason some people are ashamed of being gay, or any number of other examples. They think there's something wrong with them.

Hey, shrinks gotta eat, too, ya know.........................

I never realized so many people wanted to run for public office one day.........We have already had the one M/M Congressman and aide "tickle scandal".....;) I would think the Internet would give people at least glimpses of the million and one non-vanilla flavors in the world. Now whether knowing about others kinks makes you feel better or badder, I do not know. The quality and kindness of seemingly most of the folks on TMF should serve more like a recruitment poster or "laughing cult" at least.

If you want to know why people feel shame for being different with regards to sexuality, just ask Rex Ryan. The poor guy was practically crucified by ESPN for doing kinky stuff with his wife, for the love of all things holy.

I can't speak for any other country, but in the USA, the media seems to scream at us that hopping into bed at the drop of a dime is just fine, but God forbid you do anything unusual or else you're a bad person.

I have a laundry list of TV episodes to back up my assertion and it only starts with Law & Order: SVU

I'm like many others. I think it has to do with privacy. Like if friends of mine knew or girls that I've been with knew, they'd think it was weird since it is a little bit different and unusual. It's not exactly the best icebreaker!? haha

I use tickling as a guage of playfulness and interest. I'll flirt with a girl by a playful poke in her sides and see how she reacts. My last encounter was with a class mate and she poked me first. I told her not to do that as it turns me on. She did it again.We spent the rest of the class tickling each other....one thing led to another and we had a pretty good fling. Things didnt work out and im back messing with my ex who I turned her on to the foot worship thing. She's ticklish and I introduced her to my sonic care.

Beats being a furry.

zing

Amen brother.

Aimee, even though it is just a fairly innocent fetish, for some it's just plain weird. It's unfair, and sure, it smacks of High School all over again, but it's the truth.

For some women, for a guy (or vice versa, but it's rare for dudes to turn down chicks) to ask them if they could tie them down and tickle them extensively is just too much.... and yes, I understand about slowly introducing it to them, going from playful tickles to unrestrained sessions to full-on bondage sessions, but for most tickling is viewed as annoying at best or torturous at worst, and to let someone tie them down and subject to it is something they'd never go for.

I understand it's a sexual preference like anything else, but if, say, a chick doesn't wanna get down with any BDSM (which I also enjoy) I'm perfectly happy with excluding it and concentrating on the luvin.... but unfortunately tickling is "hardwired" into my sexual DNA... eventually, if a chick won't let me tickle her the relationship will die... and even I think that's weird.

Like most have already echoed, it's hard enough trekking out into the world and finding someone you're compatible with enough to try and make something between the two of you; throwing this peculiar proclivity into the mix sometimes makes it seem impossible.

My 2 cents.

For some people, being ashamed or embarrassed about their own fetish is <I>part</I> of the fetish. In my stories, I generally include victims who are turned on being tickled because of the involuntary reactions -- laughter, spasms -- and are both afraid of, and thrilled by, the idea that it's a fact about them, something they can't get rid of. That's a complex enough personality trait which, taken as a whole, is probably something that someone could conceivably want to hide.

I think I have more of a tickling fetish because these underlying emotional puzzles are so perfectly aligned with tickling. If tickling was just a unique feeling, I doubt I would ever have been so intrigued by it.

For some people, being ashamed or embarrassed about their own fetish is <I>part</I> of the fetish. In my stories, I generally include victims who are turned on being tickled because of the involuntary reactions -- laughter, spasms -- and are both afraid of, and thrilled by, the idea that it's a fact about them, something they can't get rid of. That's a complex enough personality trait which, taken as a whole, is probably something that someone could conceivably want to hide.

I think I have more of a tickling fetish because these underlying emotional puzzles are so perfectly aligned with tickling. If tickling was just a unique feeling, I doubt I would ever have been so intrigued by it.

So true. There's something about how deeply tickling affects me and how peculiar an attraction it is that compels me to hide it. It's funny.

Yes, but YOU are a hot chick. If you told a dude you wanted to tickle the crap out of him or visa versa very few guys would say no. MEN however trying to tickle a chick who doesn't have the fetish is a different story. So after a few bad rejections based on tickling a sense of shame can very reasonably develop.

I wouldn't really be ashamed if I told my friends about it, but I would be kinda embarrassed lol. I wouldn't really know what to say and how to tell them. I personally don't feel ashamed or anything since its my life and its something that I really really enjoy. I don't think "well I must be some type of freak or weirdo to be into this stuff." I'm sure their are tons of people in the world who are into different things and have their own little secrets lol. NO SHAME FOR ME!

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back