• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Attempting to move to usa from uk

spongeb

Hi

Me and my girlfriend were looking at moving across to the usa from the uk, we don't have any employment lined up at the moment but are actively looking.

i understand that companies can "sponsor" you, thus attaining a work visa.

from a uk point of view where about online would be most helpful for us? please post any helpful links or please help us out with some information.

Regards

Steve

There aren't many jobs here. One job opening equates to about 500 or more applicants and that is outside the major metro areas. Good luck Spongebob and hope you find success.

Good Luck:peace:

Here in Seattle, if you are young and have a good tech degree you will find work. Everyone else is having a hard time.

I am now making half of what I made ten years ago, and there was 1500 applicants for the warehouse job I have now. I get two checks a month and one whole check just goes to rent.:(
So again I wish you luck, if you make it to Seattle give me a pm, and I will try to help you if I can.

Hi thanks for the responses, i work in financial services in the uk.

that was the sort of career path i was looking to follow

Around here this is the best place to look for work:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

Check that site out for the city you would like to live in, and hope you can find something.

I have lived in Maine (4yrs), Atlanta (1yr), Southern Calif(4yrs USMC), Hilo Hawaii(6yrs), Portland (grew up there) and Seattle(12yrs and going).

I love the Northwest, if you don't mind some rainy days, Seattle or Portland are great places to live. There is a lot to do in the mountains and coast. Good Luck!!!

Hi thanks for the responses, i work in financial services in the uk.

that was the sort of career path i was looking to follow

As far as financial services go. The best route would be the regional banking arena. That is just my opinion though.

Now, get your asses over here... :)

Good luck Spongebob and hope you find success.
hot.jpg

cold.jpg

what is iowa like for a place to live? is there much to do

Last edited:
what is iowa like for a place to live? is there much to do

I replied to other aspects of this under Iowa headcount, but looking at the financial services aspect, there are a number of major insurance firms here, mainly centered in Des Moines, and Wells Fargo also has a major headquarters there.

I am no expert on visas or immigration, but I was asked by some friends who are students in Romania to look into the matter, as they were curious about studying in the US.

The H-1B visa is the principal means by which a foreign worker would enter the United States, these have a lot of fiddly requirements, including a wage analysis, an inability to hire American workers to do the same work, and a limit on the number; I have read that the O-1 visa is gaining in popularity as a substitute, if one can prove extraordinary ability in one's field. This article suggests that 'extraordinary ability' and 'field' can be broadly defined: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/really-playboy-playmate-reportedly-receives-genius-immigration-visa/

Another possible option would be to do some advanced study in your field in the US; this would then come with a practical year of work authorization in addition to the study, and an employer can then see what they are sponsoring for an H-1B or O-1 visa.

What's New

5/17/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back