• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR)

kopfhorer

2nd Level Red Feather
http://www.ohjoysextoy.com/asmr/ (NSFW)

I found this cartoon describing this previously-undiscussed phenomenon recently.

It's not about tickling per se, though as one panel of the cartoon I've linked to suggests, ASMR can be touched off by very gentle tickling, like with a soft brush, as I myself have found. (I never knew it had a name. I just knew that I liked it!)

Has anyone else here experienced these kinds of sensations?

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

https://www.reddit.com/r/asmr

The topic has been discussed briefly on here before, though never at great length. Personally, I think it's a cool phenom. I've used some of the videos on YouTube to help fall asleep and to curb anxiety attacks (I used to get them frequently) and I do experience certain sensations.

I've never associated them with tickling and in general, they aren't meant to be sexual, though it's totally possible to incorporate the more light and playful types of tickling into them, if the video maker chooses.

JPie had one of those head/hair stimulation devices at a gathering in Connecticut. I tried and found it mildly pleasant but I wouldn't call it tickling.

Last edited:
If you do a search on ASMR at Youtube you'll find several videos that cater to ASMR enthusiasts. The idea is that certain soft sensory inputs can be therapeutic. I've looked at some of the videos to determine for myself if there was any value to it and concluded it to be largely a waste of time, and kind of weird.

For example, one video from beginning to end was nothing but a woman with long nails scratching the irregular surface of a ceramic figuring, a turtle if I remember correctly. Another was of a soft-spoken receptionist giving instructions and interacting with a client or patient of some kind.

What I found in common with all of them was that they were extremely tedious and boring.

Yeah, I discovered ASMR a few months ago - while looking for tickling videos. (But of course! lol)

If you suffer with anxiety, or just happen to be a bit stressed out, then ASMR videos can be a good way of relaxing - though I believe not everybody experiences it.

For anyone who is not familiar with it, it's worth pointing out that there exists a multitude of possible 'triggers', of which caressing/light tickling is one. But of course, if you have a tickling fetish, then the line which separates the pleasant and somewhat comforting sensation of gentle caressing, and the erotic sensation of light tickling is likely to be a pretty fine one! (Indeed, I posted recently in the Stories subforum a sort of jokey 'Guide for 'Lees' which alludes to this fact.)

But I'm with Sodahead on ASMR (and its 'community', if we want to call it that) generally: I think it's quite a positive phenomenon. It's just a shame that, as I say, some people don't experience it.

If you do a search on ASMR at Youtube you'll find several videos that cater to ASMR enthusiasts. The idea is that certain soft sensory inputs can be therapeutic. I've looked at some of the videos to determine for myself if there was any value to it and concluded it to be largely a waste of time, and kind of weird.

For example, one video from beginning to end was nothing but a woman with long nails scratching the irregular surface of a ceramic figuring, a turtle if I remember correctly. Another was of a soft-spoken receptionist giving instructions and interacting with a client or patient of some kind.

What I found in common with all of them was that they were extremely tedious and boring.

Yeah, they tend to be somewhat boring, but I think, at least for a number of the videos, thats what they are going for. I don't know for sure, but I've surmised that they are meant to be somewhat of a sleep aide, in which case, boring is good.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back