• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Average" New York City Rent- $3000 a month!

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I just read an article which states that the "average" rent for an apartment in New York City is $3,017 a month, not counting their claim of the "forgotten" boro of Staten Island. (My apologies to any forum members who live in Staten Island, but those were their words)

I'm guessing they are talking about Manhattan in their assessment. My rent in Forest Hills for an alcove studio is $1700 a month, and we have doormen and services in my building, that other luxury NYC apartments have.

Such is why unless I was very rich, and for some reason had to move there, I have no desire to move to Manhattan. Even restaurants, and supermarkets, are more expensive in Manhattan than Queens. I'd sooner sit on the subway for 15-20 mins to get to Manhattan. My dad insists that my apartment, even in a non doorman building in Manhattan, would be $3000 to $3500 a month.

No thanks. Forest Hills is just fine with me, TYVM.

I am guessing property taxes are being used to fund bankruptcy and the states public sector. That is just my opinion... Is income going up or down? In Las Vegas, our public sector is determined by consumption, and not by income; plus, property taxes.

I don't believe that is accurate even for Manhattan.
You can look up average rent by size of apartment and zip code here:
http://average-rent.findthedata.org/d/a/New-York

In my zip code, the average rents are:
Studio
$1,720
1 Bedroom
$1,800
2 Bedroom
$2,130
3 Bedroom
$2,770
4 Bedroom
$3,260

Very few people live in 3- or 4-bedroom apartments.

Thanks, mils.

I'm not actually sure what the rents are for larger apartments in my building. All I do know is that my alcove studio, is $25 a month more than what my friend Barney pays, for his apartment in the same building, that is a studio without the alcove. I think my apt is either 25 or 50 sq feet larger than his.

The rents there are much cheaper. The 3 Bedroom in Lancaster that my mom and I lived in, started at $748 in 1999, and was.. $971 I believe, a year ago June. It only went up $200 plus dollars in fourteen leases.

Last edited:
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back