• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Batman The Dark Knight Thread

mabus

1st Level Green Feather
The most anticipated movie for me this summer is "Batman The Dark Knight." I would camp out for that movie...over any of the Star Wars Prequels, for sure! Great acting, great effects, excellent story, camera moves, casting, everything!

I saw "Batman and Robin" at the theater on opening nght.....literally, and this has never happened before or since, literally 70 percent of the audience got up and left. Most cursing at the screen, saying, basically, "What the fuck is THIS??!!!"
"Batman Begins" was better than all four earlier movies combined.
What I love is how Christian Bale just pours himself into a role, working out, training, etc. He sure didn't just show up and read his lines.
What's so horrible sad about this second movie, is that Heath Ledger died. Ledger also poured himself into his role, spending a month and a half in a hotel room perfecting his role. He had input into the costume and the look of the character, and even his psychology, writing a Joker Diary. He didn't just show up one day and said "Hey, let's get this over with so I can get my check."

From the trailer, and from Christian Bale's and especially Michael Caine's gushing about Ledger's performance, his interpretation looks to be far better than Jack Nicholson. He changed his voice, had that incredible laugh, where he doesn't just laugh, he sucks in air first then throws it out like he's literally insane.

Of course, his skin isnt white, and his hair isn't green, it's just dyed that way. I heard somewhere that the make-up may get bonded to his face... but he does have that Glasgow smile carved into his face, which appears to be his only real injury he recieves as a normal man.....

See, that's the thing. The story I consider the true, awesome Joker origin story is "The Killing Joke." He's a failed comedian who has a pregnant wife. Two thugs ask him to break into a factory to steal the money, and he knows the way in, having worked there. The police stop him later in the day, not because he is caught, but to tell him his wife and unborn child got killed in a horrible car crash. He no longer needs the gig, but the two thugs force him to help them. They disguise him as the Red Hood, their "leader," similiar to the movie "Collatoral Damage" where everyone thinks the taxi driver is the killer, but it's actually Tom Cruise. The two thugs get killed, the Red Hood falls into a vat of chemicals fleeing Batman, and the water is burning his face. He removes the red hood, sees his reflection, goes completely insane. In "Batman." Jack Nicholson played....Jack Nicholson as the Joker. I always thought he was okay, pretty good, but not jaw droppingly awesome as some people consider it. But in this movie, he may always have been a pyschopath, yet Nolan says he once was a regular guy...but then again, Nolan also says the Joker's origin won't be shown in the movie, he'll just be this force to be reconded with. I so would love to see a new take on his origin....but now that Ledger's dead, we'll never see that, or see another movie with his Joker. According to the credits, the Scarecrow is returning, so it's possible that the Joker is still alive at the end of this film. Who knows.

Wikipedia describes this scene in the trailer:
In the teaser trailer released in July, it is hinted at that The Joker is somehow involved with the mob, as is mentioned by Alfred Pennyworth, when telling Bruce Wayne that "You hammered them. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." The teaser trailer also presents one of the earliest depictions of the Joker's portrayal in this interpretation, as a sound clip of his voice is heard saying; "Starting tonight, people will die. I'm a man of my word," followed by his trademark laugh.

I never saw that trailer, I wish I could find it!

So, who do you think was the best Joker, Cesar Romero...who refused to shave his mustache, so they just painted over it, Jack Nicholson, or Heath Ledger?

I think Heath Ledger has made the joker role his and now even more so in death. From the early images i saw i could tell that Heath Ledger was going to steal the show with this performance, yes it will probably be exaggerated because of his untimely demise but to me this is the way the joker should be, a psychopath, not a comedic clown, Jack Nicholson did that role very well but I think Ledger got this joker spot on. Cant wait to see the movie.

I think Heath Ledger has made the joker role his and now even more so in death. From the early images i saw i could tell that Heath Ledger was going to steal the show with this performance, yes it will probably be exaggerated because of his untimely demise but to me this is the way the joker should be, a psychopath, not a comedic clown, Jack Nicholson did that role very well but I think Ledger got this joker spot on. Cant wait to see the movie.

watchnig the origional batman as an adult i can see how they tried to mae joker and jack napier pure psychopaths, but it was not OBVIOUS. i think that in this one you are going to see aniabl lecter with a mask from the get go.

This is gonna turn into the next "Crow Tragedy," isn't it?

Im most diffently going to see this movie I like the mature look that gave the last one and Im sure this one will be just as good.

The main actor in The Crow died during the filming of the movie.. like Heath Ledger died (even though it wasn't during the actual filming)

This movie is going to be amazing!

The most anticipated movie for me this summer is "Batman The Dark Knight." I would camp out for that movie...over any of the Star Wars Prequels, for sure! Great acting, great effects, excellent story, camera moves, casting, everything!

I saw "Batman and Robin" at the theater on opening nght.....literally, and this has never happened before or since, literally 70 percent of the audience got up and left. Most cursing at the screen, saying, basically, "What the fuck is THIS??!!!"
"Batman Begins" was better than all four earlier movies combined.
What I love is how Christian Bale just pours himself into a role, working out, training, etc. He sure didn't just show up and read his lines.
What's so horrible sad about this second movie, is that Heath Ledger died. Ledger also poured himself into his role, spending a month and a half in a hotel room perfecting his role. He had input into the costume and the look of the character, and even his psychology, writing a Joker Diary. He didn't just show up one day and said "Hey, let's get this over with so I can get my check."

From the trailer, and from Christian Bale's and especially Michael Caine's gushing about Ledger's performance, his interpretation looks to be far better than Jack Nicholson. He changed his voice, had that incredible laugh, where he doesn't just laugh, he sucks in air first then throws it out like he's literally insane.

Of course, his skin isnt white, and his hair isn't green, it's just dyed that way. I heard somewhere that the make-up may get bonded to his face... but he does have that Glasgow smile carved into his face, which appears to be his only real injury he recieves as a normal man.....

See, that's the thing. The story I consider the true, awesome Joker origin story is "The Killing Joke." He's a failed comedian who has a pregnant wife. Two thugs ask him to break into a factory to steal the money, and he knows the way in, having worked there. The police stop him later in the day, not because he is caught, but to tell him his wife and unborn child got killed in a horrible car crash. He no longer needs the gig, but the two thugs force him to help them. They disguise him as the Red Hood, their "leader," similiar to the movie "Collatoral Damage" where everyone thinks the taxi driver is the killer, but it's actually Tom Cruise. The two thugs get killed, the Red Hood falls into a vat of chemicals fleeing Batman, and the water is burning his face. He removes the red hood, sees his reflection, goes completely insane. In "Batman." Jack Nicholson played....Jack Nicholson as the Joker. I always thought he was okay, pretty good, but not jaw droppingly awesome as some people consider it. But in this movie, he may always have been a pyschopath, yet Nolan says he once was a regular guy...but then again, Nolan also says the Joker's origin won't be shown in the movie, he'll just be this force to be reconded with. I so would love to see a new take on his origin....but now that Ledger's dead, we'll never see that, or see another movie with his Joker. According to the credits, the Scarecrow is returning, so it's possible that the Joker is still alive at the end of this film. Who knows.

Wikipedia describes this scene in the trailer:
In the teaser trailer released in July, it is hinted at that The Joker is somehow involved with the mob, as is mentioned by Alfred Pennyworth, when telling Bruce Wayne that "You hammered them. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." The teaser trailer also presents one of the earliest depictions of the Joker's portrayal in this interpretation, as a sound clip of his voice is heard saying; "Starting tonight, people will die. I'm a man of my word," followed by his trademark laugh.

I never saw that trailer, I wish I could find it!

So, who do you think was the best Joker, Cesar Romero...who refused to shave his mustache, so they just painted over it, Jack Nicholson, or Heath Ledger?
No doubt Ledger will set the new bar for movie Jokerdom. Nicholson was better than Romero but primarily because the original Batman movie was better than, and washed out the bitter taste of, that ridiculous and frankly insulting TV series. Romero was right to not indulge people disrespectful of the source material by shaving off his mustache: it was just another parody role in a parody TV show.

But Burton's movies were flawed and things just got worse with Joel "Watch me turn everything gay" Schumacher, so I'm very glad they started over. Christian Bale rocked and so will Heath Ledger. R.I.P.

I still maintain that the best representation of The Joker outside of the comics was in the animated series.

Nicholson was entertaining, but you knew it was Nicholson. He wasn't playing The Joker, it was just Jack being Jack. I'm hoping Dark Knight may be the rare case of a sequel being better than the first film. Batman Begins was excellent for the most part, but I think a lot of fans were so thrilled by getting a Bat-film that not only wasn't horrible, but was actually really good, that they were sort of reluctant to say anything negative about it. I was for a while, it actually took me several repeat viewings to acknowledge that the third act really sort of sucked.

but I think a lot of fans were so thrilled by getting a Bat-film that not only wasn't horrible, but was actually really good, that they were sort of reluctant to say anything negative about it. I was for a while, it actually took me several repeat viewings to acknowledge that the third act really sort of sucked.

Wrong on that. I'm the only batman fan around my area, most people weren't a comic fan or superhero fan. In general conversations, every person said they loved it without knowing I was a huge fan. The only negative part was having Joey from Dawson creek in the movie. The grand reviews by critics and the money pulled in by the movie say enough. But hey, it's your opinion, as mine was that the the third act kicked ass. Hopefully the Darkknight movie will be to your liking Strider.

DK

I still maintain that the best representation of The Joker outside of the comics was in the animated series.

I'll agree to that. Who'd have thought that Mark Hamill of all people would have been such a superb Joker? The unedited version of Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker is definetly one of the best media pieces with the character.

General.... don't think that Kryptonite I have hidden away is only for Kal-El if he goes bad. :evilha:

DK

But you gotta get close enough to me for it to work :p

Remember,heat vision is a long range stand off weapon :angel:

Strider, why did you hate the third act of Batman Begins so much? The guy at CHUD.com keeps insisting that it was horrible also, and I've been dying to know forever why some people hate it.

There really isn't much to look forward to this summer, so yes, it is my most anticipated movie.
Everybody got all excited about the Indiana Jones preview, but I thought it looked "good," not spectacular. Harrison Ford looks bored and aggravated, like he does in all his recent interviews.
The Incredible Hulk...they still haven't even shown a preview! Edward Norton looks like a crappy Bruce Banner, and I'm okay with him as an actor! I don't like anyone in the casting with the exception of Tim Roth. And it looks like he becomes the hulk from sitting in a cancer curing machine, not the nuclear blast of the comic book.....why must they insist on being boring?!
Star Trek was delayed until 2009....I don't care about Star Trek aymore...and I sure am tired of them recycling every damn idea from the series over and over again...how goddamn hard is it to create a goddamn NEW alien for the love of fucking god in heaven goddamnit! Go ask a damn 2 year old to think of something! Now they're going back in time to they can tell the same damn story they've told 100 times already.

Now, Iron Man looks like it will kick ass, but I've never really been an Iron Man fan. That movie may make me one.

The recent superhero movies haven't impressed me. Spiderman 3...where do you begin? THAT was a horrible third act! Cheesy, horrible reporterette and old bastard on TV NARRATING Spiderman's adventure like it was some high school nerd's fantasy or something, what the hell was that all about? Venom in the movie for about 4 minutes of run time? The Sandman having some inane sad family story when in the comic book he's just a thug? Can Spiderman have a bad guy that doesn't have a sad story? It was sad, because it was perfect casting. Then he reforms his ways in like 2 seconds, then just flies away.....whatever.
Superman Returns...another stinker. One of the more depressing movies in recent memory. Again, no new ideas or characters. Lois Lane having no soul and playing her role depressed. A useless love triangle. No damn color in Superman goddam outfit, enough with the hip, cool, dark grunge look! He's an alien who can fly, I understand the X-men not wearing bright spandex, but why have the cool America Hero not have bright colors like Spiderman? One thing Spiderman gets right is the colors, bright and true to the comic book. Superman fights Lex Luthor...AGAIN. Who has the dumbest plot in comic history - create a new continent out of kryptonite....that's unlivable...and after a few billion die from said island's creation...no one on Earth will have a problem with this....oh boy, I'm glad that movie didn't make as much as they wanted it too....

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back