• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

BCS needs to change

Deuce

TMF Expert
I was wondering if anyone else feels this way. But I think the BCS is going to have to change there only 2 teams from a conference can play in a BCS Bowl.

Now this year Arkansas and Michigan State are getting bent over from this rule in this years games. Now think about the way teams are changing conferences and now the Pac 10 will now have Colorado which won't do much but Utah can end up as a top 8 team next year so then they have Oregon, Sanford and Utah. The New big 12 will now add Nebraska along with Ohio State, Michigan State,Wisconson in which all 4 could end up in the top 8

Now nothing agains't U Conn but I much rather watch Oklahoma play Michigan State or Arkansas and Sanford play the team not playing Oklahoma.

Like this year with a weak NFC West getting a 1st round home game why does a Conference have a right to a bowl game. I understand it's all about the money but being a gambling man I'll bet the ratings on Miami vs Notre Dame, Penn State vs Florida and Michigan State vs Alabama will all have better ratings and be a better game then watching U Conn and maybe even the VT Sanford game.

You really can't go by that either. Couple years ago right after BC, Miami and Va Tech left for the ACC, everyone was hollering for the Big East to have it's automatic bid stripped away. Then West Virginia went to the Sugar Bowl as a heavy underdog and stomped Georgia. Look, every conference has their down year. West Virginia is normally a very good football program, Syracuse looks to finally be on the upswing, Louisville isn't too far removed from being int he top 10, and next year they get TCU who has been one of the best teams in the last 5 years. What happened this year is we have a LOT of mediocre teams and a couple really good ones. Auburn and Oregon would get crushed by last year's Bama squad, 05 Texas, 06 and 08 Florida, and probably 07 LSU. Right now the SEC is vastily overrated and I would expect them to drop several of their bowl games (though I do think MSU is overrated and thus Bama will crush Sparty).

Also if you make the NFL argument, San Diego 2 years ago got in at what? 9-7 or something like that and beat Indy first round. You can't always go by record, especially in bowl games because some teams are just phoning it in because this isn't how they wanted to end the season, or maybe that other team had a ton of injuries at the begining and is just now starting to hit their stride.

BCS is a stupid system and eventually it will go. I think that there needs to be a championship playoff system. Maybe the top 4 or 8 teams in the rankings play one-loss elimation for the National Championship. 1 vs 8; 2 vs 7; 3 vs 6; and 4 vs 5 in the first round.

The road to the final four tourney seems to be just fine and dandy in NCAA basketball, so why not have a playoff system in football as well? Not to mention the College World Series for Baseball gives several teams a chance to win. Same in LaCrosse, Hockey, ect.

BCS is a stupid system and eventually it will go. I think that there needs to be a championship playoff system. Maybe the top 4 or 8 teams in the rankings play one-loss elimation for the National Championship. 1 vs 8; 2 vs 7; 3 vs 6; and 4 vs 5 in the first round.

The road to the final four tourney seems to be just fine and dandy in NCAA basketball, so why not have a playoff system in football as well? Not to mention the College World Series for Baseball gives several teams a chance to win. Same in LaCrosse, Hockey, ect.

AMEN its not like there doing anything for these 5 weeks play football and then let the other teams do what ever bowl they can get.

I have a system much better then the BCS. Right now you play 12 season games on average i say drop it to eleven. Put in a 16 team national tournment. you put them in just like in basektball top 16 go play for the national title. let teams 17-24 play for a NIT and number 25 plus anyone who can get a bowl bid play in bowl games. This would mean if ur in a confernce like the SEC or ACC and have a confence championship game you would only play at the most 16 games to win the national title, which most of the naitonal teams play 14 total anyway. by dropping one non-confernce game ur not really losing anything since the major point of non confernce is to build ur resume for a national title shot. this would give the fans what they want allow teams to play for a national title and make every game really interest at the end of the year instead of just four

That's 5 weeks or games oh for last two teams and a lot of schools do mid terms at that time. Not to mention transportation and hotel cost.

i think its manageable besides look at how many bye weeks and time between the season ends and bowl season begins

My proposition:
1. Replace the coaches' poll with the AP poll. Coaches don't pay much attention to teams they don't play, and I highly doubt they watch any games on saturday, since most of them are coaching anyway.

2. Everyone who wants a playoff spot should have an 11-game regular season. 2 OOC games. If your conference has 12 teams and a championship game, then play an 8-game conference schedule. If your conference only has 10 teams, then play all 9 opponents. If less, then just add OOC games. 16 and 17 games in a season just gets ridiculous for students, and there should be a 2-week gap for finals.

3. 8-team playoff, so the most games you can play in a season is 14. Automatic qualifiers are Big12, Big10, Pac10, SEC, and ACC. The other 3 spots go to the highest ranked teams left over.

4. Four of the Five AQ teams has automatic home field advantage. That's where each first round game is played, while the 5th field is where the semifinals and finals are played. That rotates every year.

SEC - Sugar bowl in New Orleans
ACC - Orange bowl in Miami or Atlanta
Big12- Fiesta bowl in Dallas or Glendale
Pac10 - Rose bowl in pasadena
Big10 - Scrubbing Bubbles with Chicken Big 10 Bowl Presented by Mrs. Butterworth in Indianapolis or Chicago

Here's how the first round would look this year, let's just say the Pac10/Rose Bowl has the semifinals and finals. Also, seed it so the best AQ plays the worst at-large, and YES, teams from the same conference can play each other

Sugar - Auburn vs. Ohio State
Big10 bowl - Wisconsin vs. Stanford
Fiesta - Oklahoma vs. TCU
Orange - Virginia Tech vs. Oregon

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back