• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Be respectful you idiot!

alwayssilver

TMF Expert
Don't take the title of this topic personally. I used this as an example for what I'm about to say. This isn't about this website either. Just getting that out of the way.

Well anyways I over a few weeks ago published a book entitled "Devils and Angels." Well in the forums on Lulu I created a topic in the shameless forum about my book. The first few responses were pretty good. One guy said he was interested in the book, another said he really didn't like my synopsis for the book, but thought the concept was interesting. Anyways I fixed the synopsis, and everything was fine. This is showing everyone I can take criticism.

But the next post I received tore my book down based on 7 pages. Now the gripes this guy had about my book weren't really founded. And it all ended with him telling me my books format was no good. Well I took his sentence and explained to him where he was getting confused, and told him I was happy with the format thus saying it was good. Well a moderator came onto the thread and completely ripped on me. She told me I liked my name in print, I was feeding my ego, and to top it all off my format was not good!

Well anyways I told them I didn't have an ego to feed, and I was proud of my book. But according to these two people pride is ego, and I was feeding it. It also means perfect, and perfection (which my book certainly isn't perfect, I don’t think I've read one book that was perfect. I even mentioned that on several occasions.) Anyways I finally had enough and I told them I had no intention of changing anything, that I appreciated the feedback, than later posted a link proving this guy's gripe about 'shards' wrong. Well the same moderator came on to the topic locked my thread, but not before calling my work 'sub-par.' So that's why I titled this topic the way I did. Preaching about respect when she herself couldn't show any.

Needless to say I reported her. First I reported her to the forums admin, than I went onto Lulu's live chat and reported her. I would have done the live chat thing before I reported her to the admin, but I didn't know I could.

Last edited:
well crap i had no idea the mods there acted so idiotic...i've read Devils and Angels..and damn it..i find that an insult that she would call your work mediocre of whatever...i'm a reader, a book worm if you will..and i found it highly entertaining and exciting as hell..sorry that happened to you love..

Thanks love. You know it wouldn't bother me so much if it was a normal member of that forum. But when a mod would do something like that than it urkes me. Also they questioned my integrity as a writer. I write because I love to write, not because I want to make money. Sure my book has a price tag, but that doesn't mean anything.

Thanks for caring love.

Although i don't know your book and i didn't know this story until now, in all places here, there and everywhere, you'll find all kind of people, there are respectful and disrespectful, destructive and constructive critics, some people only critic to someone else, but they aren't capable to watch themself. My little advise is don't pay attention to them, people than only critic and do sarcastic, ironic and cynical comments are very destructive, they don't care for to help, they only want to make a clown of everyone else. I did learn a worthy lesson so many time ago, when i have no useful or good thing to say, i simply keep quiet. I hope that you don't get disappointed or discouraged by that people, because if you do it, then they'll get their purpose. Keep working and ignore narrow mind people.

That is great advice. I did learn this one lesson a long time ago "You can't please everyone."

Anyways thanks for the reply, it's a big help. And no I'm not disappointed by that critic, it's just the mod thing bothered me. Lulu is a buisness so you would expect professionals to run the place. But there is always a rotten apple in the bunch.

Although i don't know your book and i didn't know this story until now, in all places here, there and everywhere, you'll find all kind of people, there are respectful and disrespectful, destructive and constructive critics, some people only critic to someone else, but they aren't capable to watch themself. My little advise is don't pay attention to them, people than only critic and do sarcastic, ironic and cynical comments are very destructive, they don't care for to help, they only want to make a clown of everyone else. I did learn a worthy lesson so many time ago, when i have no useful or good thing to say, i simply keep quiet. I hope that you don't get disappointed or discouraged by that people, because if you do it, then they'll get their purpose. Keep working and ignore narrow mind people.

That is great advice. I did learn this one lesson a long time ago "You can't please everyone."

Anyways thanks for the reply, it's a big help. And no I'm not disappointed by that critic, it's just the mod thing bothered me. Lulu is a buisness so you would expect professionals to run the place. But there is always a rotten apple in the bunch.
That is a great lesson too, you can derive of it this one : do the things by yourself, to feel ok inside you and don't to please everyone. Glad that all is ok inside you. Nothing for to give thanks.

Exactly. I feel great about the way I write. Of course I need an editor, and a proofreader, but if you can't afford one than you do what you can. Thanks for understanding man, it's good to get feedback like this.

Thanks both of you.

Glad to see your over-coming this Always Silver. I'm not familiar with your work either, but I too know how crude people can be with their comments. Just brush your shoulder off and keep doing what you do...

Wishin' ya all the best.

take anything you can develop, and leave the rest. Everybody has an opinion, but it's your opinion that counts.

As a professional writer and editor, I can tell you that all writer's have a certain amount of ego. It can be the need for responses from others (positive and negative, you'd be surprised) or simply an internal sense of worth and accomplishment. Nothing wrong with either. As far as ripping you, get used to it. I get paid to write and people rip my work all the time. Lots of reasons folks do it. Maybe they get their work ripped so shit rolls down hill. Maybe they don't know good writing. Maybe your work is shit. No matter what, don't let it eat you. If you're work isn't good (and invariably it's never as good as you think and rarely as bad as people claim), get a variety of opinions, both professional and lay. A couple people on the net do not make for a consensus (but be careful of the casual praise of friends and family). Look for honest and objective opinions. If the majority point to similiar problems, you know where you need work. Like anything worthwhile, it requires work and developing your skills. There are sites on the net to submit your work for free peer review. You might look into them, depending upon your subject.
webmaster joe

As a professional writer and editor, I can tell you that all writer's have a certain amount of ego. It can be the need for responses from others (positive and negative, you'd be surprised) or simply an internal sense of worth and accomplishment. Nothing wrong with either. As far as ripping you, get used to it. I get paid to write and people rip my work all the time. Lots of reasons folks do it. Maybe they get their work ripped so shit rolls down hill. Maybe they don't know good writing. Maybe your work is shit. No matter what, don't let it eat you. If you're work isn't good (and invariably it's never as good as you think and rarely as bad as people claim), get a variety of opinions, both professional and lay. A couple people on the net do not make for a consensus (but be careful of the casual praise of friends and family). Look for honest and objective opinions. If the majority point to similiar problems, you know where you need work. Like anything worthwhile, it requires work and developing your skills. There are sites on the net to submit your work for free peer review. You might look into them, depending upon your subject.
webmaster joe

Critism I can take. What got me was the fact that this was coming from a moderator who tried to violate my rights as a writer. There were two of them, she questioned my integrity as a writer, and said I was feeding my ego. I am very proud of my work, and frankly think it's the best I've written, but ego has nothing to do with it. I don't know, I think with every website that has a forum you expect something out of moderators. You expect them to have your best interest in mind, you expect them to be impartial, and when one crosses that line than it makes you wonder how this person ever became a moderator. Mods in my opinion (and many others I'm sure) are there simply to keep the peace, and uphold the rules of the forum. When they cross that line, and condemn others for it than it makes you wonder even more. This is what that moderator did, and I did report her for it. Also I know this might sound impossible, but it's true. I don't put myself in the spotlight, I don't think I'm better, I'm just a writer who enjoys writing. I love it so much you know? People look around and they see people who make millions off of books and they think that's all it's about. But it's not. I'm not here to make millions (I would like to make enough where I don't have to worry about finding a job) I'm here to share my work. And if someone doesn't like my work than... well... you can't win them all. I know my works not perfect, no book is, but you do the best you can.

Oh and my praise doesn't come from family or friends, it comes from people I don't know. My family is old fashion. You know guys don't wear earrings, hairs cut short. My books are kind of over their heads. My mom hasn't read anything I've written in 7 years!

Glad to see your over-coming this Always Silver. I'm not familiar with your work either, but I too know how crude people can be with their comments. Just brush your shoulder off and keep doing what you do...

Wishin' ya all the best.

Thanks man I really appreciate that. People can be crude for the sake of being crude. I can take critism, I can take nit-pickers, but when my integrity as a writer is put into question because I don't change anything because of someones opinion than I get upset. My shoulders have been throughly brushed and I've moved on. Heck these guys better get ready for more of my books. I have a slew of new ideas I'm formulating.

take anything you can develop, and leave the rest. Everybody has an opinion, but it's your opinion that counts.

That is true. I value other opinions, but ultimatly it's down to the creator whether or not he changes, or alters his creations. Dexter Knight is a great example of this.

Narrow mind people always will try to get you down, remember pay attention to constructive critics and ignore destructive critics. Keep up working.

Narrow mind people always will try to get you down, remember pay attention to constructive critics and ignore destructive critics. Keep up working.

Your right. And it does help that I can tell the difference between the two.

Get rid of people who say that your work isn't good. They are probably jalous of your talent, so keep it up and go on the way you want ! Damn it :)
Best luck mate !

Get rid of people who say that your work isn't good. They are probably jalous of your talent, so keep it up and go on the way you want ! Damn it :)
Best luck mate !

:) That really means a lot friend. Thank you.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back