• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Being the only single one in your group of friends...

ticklishdanny

TMF Expert
Hello everyone I'm in need of some advice. Let me tell you about my situation. I've started to drift apart from my group of friends because they've all found a significant other in the last year. Pretty much every time I call one of my friends to ask if they want to do something like go see a movie or just hangout for a few hours, I always get the same reply. "Oh, I'm with my girlfriend right now...yeahhh next time dude. Bye." And sometimes I get stuck at home on a Friday night watching re-runs of old tv shows or playing old video games. We used to hangout every chance we got when we were in high school, but now its like they're always with their girlfriends or boyfriends and when they do decide to all hangout I guess my invitation gets lost in the mail and its a couples only kind of thing. Advice on what I should do? I mean I guess I'm a little annoyed that they rarely ever call me to go to the movies or go out to eat but that doesn't mean I don't want them to be in relationships. Anyone else had this kind of problem? I do have other friends that I usually ask to hangout and I have a great time, but I still miss the way we used to be before they all found girlfriends and boyfriends. When I was in a relationship I did spend more time with her but I didn't alienate my friends because of it. What do you guys usually do on a Friday night when you have no one to hangout with?

This is life man. There's nothing you can really do but adapt and make new friends. If you try to resist, you'll spend many nights alone.

Not all of these relationships will work. When they don't, be sure to be a friend for the broken hearted....you might be in their shoes someday too.

The end game here though is eventually all of your friends will be married, many will have kids and you'll rarely if ever see movies together on Friday nights and play video games. Such is life. Make new friends as this time approaches. Sad....I know.

It is a rough situation and I have been where you are and sometimes it does suck. Fortunately the times I have been the token single guy, it's normally by choice since i'm not big on relationships, but regardless I still was able to hang with my friends just with their significant others tagging along. Truth be told you can use this to your advantage though. As long as you maintain good standing with your friends girlfriends they may be able to help you with your situation. Now I don't know if your looking for a relationship yourself, but with a little charm and slight encouragement you can have these ladies help you find someone for yourself and by doing so you become brought back into the fold i.e double dates and stupid cutesy stuff like that. Even if that's not your thing or desire at the moment though your friends should find time to "bro out" with you every now and again and leave the ball and chain at home, otherwise it's just not healthy. You have to be able to maintain relationships with multiple people albeit on different levels, but all your energy shouldn't be focused on one person; friend, girlfriend, or otherwise. So in short I'd say try and find some middle ground with those of your crew that are shacked up and hell even be honest with them about how you feel, otherwise next best thing I'd say is to hit up the bars and find your own Friday night fun :p Best of luck.

As GQ wrote, it happens. We move on with life, develop new interests, meet new people, move away etc. There are people I consider dear friends I've not seen in years, (and seldom talk to by phone) but we still care about each other. I would suggest trying some things that might be different in your life. Get involved in some volunteer work, take some part time classes at a community college, maybe find a hobby that interests you. Try expanding your interests and your circle of friends will likely grow accordingly.

What's New

5/27/2024
Take a moment to think about those that sacrificed all on this Memorial Day.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back