• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Biggest Final Ever!!!

Musicroxmysox

Verified
Ok so some of you may know that I am a music major, and as a music major I have to take a special final every semester called a jury. A jury means that I have to get up in front of a panel of professors and play scales they select, and parts of music that I have pre- selected.

Well tomorrow is the biggest jury I will ever have, called my sophmore proficiency. I have to get up in front of five professors, and play any scales they select (major full range, or minor octave appropriate all three forms.) Then I need to sight read some music, and finally I need to play selections from the music I have prepared.

The big deal is that if I do not pass this jury then I will be a full year behind in classes and technically not a junior in college for my major. So if anyone has some nice words and good lucks and what not to leave me I would REALLY appreciate the encouragement before this ordeal. Also if you want to share any ways how you calm down before big ordeals I would love that too.

So thanks everyone and I hope to wake up to something nice in this post. :)

Best of luck to you!!:D Isabeau has a degree in music,and i'm sure she would be glad to share some thoughts with you.

You know you have absolutely nothing to worry about, my Friend. :twohugs: You'll pass. Music is pretty well your whole life, right? You've devoted that much time to it, it's pretty doubtful you'll not easily know whatever they ask you...you're going to do just fine.

Remember to come back and tell us when you get word that you aced it. ;-)

Mistress Aura :justlips:

One way I calm down before a big final is I try not to fill my last night before the test with a "cram" session. Study for a few hours, and then take the rest of the night to relax, read a good book, veg in front of the tv, knowing that all the effort (assumed) you put into your studies beforehand will be rewarded. Take the night to reward yourself for all the work you have accomplished up to this. You'll feel better and much more relaxed and clear-headed come morning.

Best of luck to you! I know how stressful finals can be, but I think you'll do just fine :)

bugman said:
Best of luck to you!!:D Isabeau has a degree in music,and i'm sure she would be glad to share some thoughts with you.

true i do have a degree in music...i remember having to play certain excerpts from whatever instrument i was being judged on at the time..and also, in conducting class, i had to conduct from memory...and in orchestration, our final was to completely set a piece of music to fit an entire orchestra...god that was a nightmare..it took me forever to do that..to orchestrate it...on paper...fit notes to a particular instrument section...it's rather funny, i got a good grade...my sister then decided to copy mine exactly for her final...it was so much harder for her, being left handed..this was a few years later...and she didn't get a good grade..hmm do you think he knew it had been originally mine?

anyway good luck, i'm sure you will pass...let us know how it went..ahh the memories...being a music major was a full time job...i was hardly ever at home back then...

Musicroxmysox09 said:
Ok so some of you may know that I am a music major, and as a music major I have to take a special final every semester called a jury. A jury means that I have to get up in front of a panel of professors and play scales they select, and parts of music that I have pre- selected.

Well tomorrow is the biggest jury I will ever have, called my sophmore proficiency. I have to get up in front of five professors, and play any scales they select (major full range, or minor octave appropriate all three forms.) Then I need to sight read some music, and finally I need to play selections from the music I have prepared.

The big deal is that if I do not pass this jury then I will be a full year behind in classes and technically not a junior in college for my major. So if anyone has some nice words and good lucks and what not to leave me I would REALLY appreciate the encouragement before this ordeal. Also if you want to share any ways how you calm down before big ordeals I would love that too.

So thanks everyone and I hope to wake up to something nice in this post. :)

First and foremost, all the very best of luck with your final - break a leg as they say in show business (well they do over here anyway!) :D

Having gone as far as you have with your studies, you are more than prepared for any exam they give you and providing you believe you can pass, you will! The best thing to do prior to any performance is to find a quiet place to gather your thoughts, relax, concentrate on your breathing and allow the blood to flow through your body. This should alleviate any tension which is what always causes us to make errors we wouldn't normally when not under pressure. You will pass, you know your stuff, I can tell by your post, just relax and most importantly enjoy the occasion, this will allow you to proverbially kick ass! :D Good luck mate!

Thanks!

Thank you to everyone who left me some encouragement. Sorry but I failed so I don't know what is going to happen now. I have to reevaluate my life.

Musicroxmysox09 said:
Thank you to everyone who left me some encouragement. Sorry but I failed so I don't know what is going to happen now. I have to reevaluate my life.

oo i'm so sorry.....and you don't get another chance?

Musicroxmysox09 said:

I'm sorry man. Before you ake any rash decisions though, make sure you get some feedback, find out what went wrong? There is never 'failure' providing you learn from your mistakes!

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back