• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Billy Bob Thornton - an even bigger asshole than you thought

TMF Jeff

TMF owner and co-founder
This is eighteen minutes long, so I'll summarize.

A reporter gives Thornton and his band a great introduction and then asks "When did your band form?"

Thornton says "I don't know what that question means."

The reporter, obviously baffled, says "Well I mean, how long have you been together?"

Thornton: "How long have we been what?"

... and the interview pretty much goes steadily downhill from there.

http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/qpodcast_20090408_14110.mp3

What an annoying, fatuous, self-involved shithead.

i never really cared for any of his movies and I certainly dont know what the hell Angelina Jolie saw in him

I'm ashamed that for some reason I used to have a crush on him.

LOL Perhaps he's trying to copy the messed up Juaqin Pheonix interview on Letterman? Either way, though, that's pretty bad.

I liked him when he was getting slapped in the face by Kurt Russell (Tombstone). :)

*When addressing The Billy Bob Thornton, you will not refer to him by name, look him in the eye, or speak of his acting career.*

He could have had a little class and said, "Look, I specifically asked that my acting career not be mentioned because I'm here about the music and it's not fair to my bandmates. Let's just stick to the music."

What the hell is wrong with him??

He sounds like he's high or something!

I would've stopped the interview.....hell, who doesn't know this idiot isn't an actor??

Pretty much lost respect for him after that horrible Monsters Ball with Halle Berry. The fact she won an Oscar for having a sex scene in the movie with him still upsets my stomach! Yuck!:eeew:

With the very few brain cells he has left he was pretty good in Slingblade

He's doing Andy Kaufman.

Interviewer asks about music ( and brings up subject matter the guest requested not to bring up; why not complaints about the arrogance of "the media"? ) - B.B.T. talks about building plastic monster models as a kid.

Great audio ride. Long live 4-E!

He was probably distracted by his desire for some of them French fried potaters...

I actually thought the douchebag part of the whole thing was the beginning where he "didn't understand" the question about when the band came together. That has nothing to do with his acting career...

Weird, strange man.

Well, at least the rest of the guys in the band weren't assholes.

Sorry, but why does Billy Bob Thornton have to be nice to anybody?

He doesn't have to do anything but when the public pays his salary, he could pretend to care during an interview. The only thing he proved here is that he's a prick with and without a camera.

Who's saying he has to be nice? We're not allowed to notice his behavior at all? What's he doing interviews for if not to be heard and commented on? I think, at a minimum standard for celebrity, we can say that by being interviewed on the radio, he invited scrutiny and commentary.

He doesn't have to do anything but when the public pays his salary, he could pretend to care during an interview. The only thing he proved here is that he's a prick with and without a camera.

The public isn't paying his salary. Companies are. Those dollars come from contracts and royalties and all that. He's not a government employee. He owes us nothing.

Who's saying he has to be nice? We're not allowed to notice his behavior at all? What's he doing interviews for if not to be heard and commented on? I think, at a minimum standard for celebrity, we can say that by being interviewed on the radio, he invited scrutiny and commentary.

Scrutiny and commentary is not negative exclusively.

When you're looking for people to pay to see you perform, you want to at least pretend you're a decent human being. He's not even trying and it's not like he's anything to pay much attention to in the looks department.:disgust:

When you're looking for people to pay to see you perform, you want to at least pretend you're a decent human being. He's not even trying and it's not like he's anything to pay much attention to in the looks department.:disgust:

Acting ability does not correlate with how nice you are or aren't in a radio interview. Nor does how nice you are correlate with your appearance.

The public isn't paying his salary. Companies are. Those dollars come from contracts and royalties and all that. He's not a government employee. He owes us nothing.{/QUOTE]

He certainly doesn't owe me anything especially since I wouldn't rent any movie he's ever been in for $1 at the redbox! But if you're a public figure or celebrity, it's more than corps paying to see you on screen or perform in a venue. Hard working people pay for that meangry and he doesn't have to be a prick about it.

Scrutiny and commentary is not negative exclusively.

In this case, it is. In the real world, you catch many more bees with honey than vinegar. He didn't have to be ignorant and rude to a radio station who was promoting HIS band. It's too bad you see something the rest of us don't because we see it as him being a prick and a total pain in the arse for absolutely no reason at all.

He certainly doesn't owe me anything especially since I wouldn't rent any movie he's ever been in for $1 at the redbox! But if you're a public figure or celebrity, it's more than corps paying to see you on screen or perform in a venue. Hard working people pay for that meangry and he doesn't have to be a prick about it.

Your not renting or buying his movies is really a moot point, since he more than likely doubles your salary on Bad Santa royalties alone. He's an actor. I owe him nothing, and he owes me nothing. If I see him in public and I say "what's up" and he tells me to fuck off, well, then whatevs. It's not exactly like normal everyday people adhere to the notion that they have to be nice just to put on a good public face.

In this case, it is. In the real world, you catch many more bees with honey than vinegar. He didn't have to be ignorant and rude to a radio station who was promoting HIS band. It's too bad you see something the rest of us don't because we see it as him being a prick and a total pain in the arse for absolutely no reason at all.

I'm fine with not agreeing with everyone else. I'm also fine with not understanding what the big deal is. A great radio interview wasn't going to sell me his record, and him being a dick on the radio wasn't going to sell me his record either.

It's a simple vacuum. This is finding mindless stuff to get indignant about.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back