• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Bob Ross the artist, using his old painting shows as a sleep aid

hoseman2248

TMF Master
Just recently looked up the deceased artist Bob Ross on youtube. I remember his 30 minute painting show on tv from way back when I was a little kid. Started watching it on youtube and his voice is so soothing that it actually helped me get right to sleep. I like his paintings as well, but his voice is so soothing it helps my struggle with insomnia. I ordered his old shows on dvd and can't wait for them to arrive. I've been playing his episodes on youtube nightly to get to sleep.

I remember him from when I was a kid. The one thing that sticks out the most to me was how few brush strokes it took him to create something. It was like he had a cartoon paintbrush where each sweep of it left behind a complete section of the painting. He could churn out a completed landscape in almost as little time as it would take Wile E. Coyote to paint a fake tunnel on the side of a mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kasGRkfkiPM

I remember him from when I was a kid. The one thing that sticks out the most to me was how few brush strokes it took him to create something. It was like he had a cartoon paintbrush where each sweep of it left behind a complete section of the painting. He could churn out a completed landscape in almost as little time as it would take Wile E. Coyote to paint a fake tunnel on the side of a mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kasGRkfkiPM

I remember Bob as well......"Happy Trees", "Happy Clouds...."

Being a Brit, I only discovered Bob Ross a few months ago. And since then I've watched a shitload of his videos on Youtube - just for relaxational purposes. I think he's great. He did have a soothing voice, but perhaps more importantly, he just gave off a very peaceful, positive - erm - 'vibe'. And I think that's what a lot of people responded to.

He could churn out a completed landscape in almost as little time as it would take Wile E. Coyote to paint a fake tunnel on the side of a mountain.

lol To be honest, I think his brush probably was as big as Wile E. Coyote's! lol (I think at times it was two-and-a-half inches.) :shock:

I remember Bob as well......"Happy Trees", "Happy Clouds...."

Yes. I think this was another thing that appealed to people - the repetition, the familiarity... He had quite a few catchphrases. One of his favourites was: "We don't make mistakes; we have happy accidents." lol

Being a Brit, I only discovered Bob Ross a few months ago. And since then I've watched a shitload of his videos on Youtube - just for relaxational purposes. I think he's great. He did have a soothing voice, but perhaps more importantly, he just gave off a very peaceful, positive - erm - 'vibe'. And I think that's what a lot of people responded to.

lol To be honest, I think his brush probably was as big as Wile E. Coyote's! lol (I think at times it was two-and-a-half inches.) :shock:

Yes. I think this was another thing that appealed to people - the repetition, the familiarity... He had quite a few catchphrases. One of his favourites was: "We don't make mistakes; we have happy accidents." lol

If you read his wiki bio, he actually used to be a higher up in the military and had to be stern. He vowed, when he left the military, to never raise his voice again.

If you read his wiki bio, he actually used to be a higher up in the military and had to be stern. He vowed, when he left the military, to never raise his voice again.

Yes, I read that too. :) And I remember in one of his videos he says something like: "There are no good guys and bad guys here." A comment which, at face value, may seem inconsequential... But, given his military background, may be construed as having a deeper meaning. :)

I always enjoyed watching Bob Ross paint, and yes his shows will make you so relaxed and drowsy. Will always remember the man and his painting magic fondly....love those "happy little squirrels" :)

R.I.P. Bob!

What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back