• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Boxing R.I.P.

b0xr

2nd Level Red Feather
I've seen this coming for many years. The sport has deteriorated to maybe one or two interesting fights a year. It all started with the splitting of the world championship titles. The sport has no structure to it anymore. Way too many titles and weight classes, too many people with their hands in the cookie jar and now there are almost no more cookies left. With the emergence of MMA style fighting, boxing is on life support. Ever since Mike Tyson lost that ivincibility, Holyfield got too old, Lenox Lewis retired, the sport has gone downhill and is really reeling. I miss the days of...Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Lyle, Shavers, Duran, Arguello, Salvador Sanchez, Leonard, Hearns, I can go on and on. I miss the Saturday afternoon fights with stars like Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini and Aaron Pryor, Danny "Little Red" Lopez and Wilfredo Benitez. I doubt the sport will ever make a comeback unless something is done to add some structure to it. I don't even follow it anymore...and that sucks. It's boring to me. I always say...it's like having a baseball season without standings. You win or lose...go out and play again...win or lose. It just doesn't matter anymore. There is only one fight people are intersted in and I doubt that it would even be a good fight...Mayweather inside 4 rounds. RIP Boxing, it was good to while it lasted.

Considering the fight you indirectly mentioned is the only one I want to see you have a point.

I totally agree. Boxing is horrible right now. The heavyweight division is an absolute joke. There is just not enough interesting fights. The Mayweather/Pacquiao fight would be big, but Pacquiao and Arum are a bunch of cowards at this point. Mayweather called them out to fight on May 5, but Arum (mainly) said it is not enough time and wait until June. He knows full well that Floyd serves his jail time in June. Bitch move by a bitch promoter. He knows Manny will get his ass knocked out if he fought Mayweather now. He wants Manny to have another fight before Mayweather so he can build up his boxer again. Pacquiao look awfully beatable his last fight....

I MISS Mike Tyson.... He made boxing a lot of fun...

I MISS Mike Tyson.... He made boxing a lot of fun...[/QUOTE]

By this you mean...he snacked on ears?

the only part of boxing that has died is the heavyweight division...which is sad. There was a time being world heavyweight champion meant something...now it means absolutely nothing, which gotta make the great former champions cringe

I miss the days of inviting a bunch of friends over for a Mike Tyson pay-per-view fight. What are PPV fights going for today $150? $200?

Drew

I MISS Mike Tyson.... He made boxing a lot of fun...

By this you mean...he snacked on ears?[/QUOTE]

No, the ear biting thing is not what made Tyson a dominant boxer. Mike Tyson was one of those fighters where you KNEW something was going to happen. Who wants to see a fight go the distance, then have some judges decide who the winner is. With Tyson fights, either he will knock someone out, he will get knocked out, or some crazy things will happen(ear biting, low blows). If anyone has ever watched Tyson's early fights under Cus he was unstoppable. Don King ruined this man.....

Boxing in America may be declining but Boxing world wide is still viewed as a big sport, especially in Mexico and Europe

the only part of boxing that has died is the heavyweight division...which is sad. There was a time being world heavyweight champion meant something...now it means absolutely nothing, which gotta make the great former champions cringe

The Klitchkos would dismantle any of the former heavyweights. Just like Vitaly destroyed Lewis but lost due to a cut over his eye

The Klitchkos would dismantle any of the former heavyweights. Just like Vitaly destroyed Lewis but lost due to a cut over his eye

Um, naw.... The Klitchkos would destroy Lennox Lewis, as I always thought he was severely overrated. But there is no way they beat Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, etc.... They put either brother out no later than round 5.

Um, naw.... The Klitchkos would destroy Lennox Lewis, as I always thought he was severely overrated. But there is no way they beat Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, etc.... They put either brother out no later than round 5.

The Klitchko's are scientific fighters. They fight their plan they have, regardless of what happens and it works. They are alot like GSP in MMA. You can incite, goad and do whatever you want to them outside of the ring and even in the ring. They will fight how they've trained and they will win.

What's New

5/24/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back