• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Candle Cove.

Dussicar

2nd Level Green Feather
If there are any of you on this forum who are into the CreepyPasta genre, then you know about the legendary story of "Candle Cove."

What bothered me for many years, is that this story sounds familiar since I first heard it on the internet.

Then, I realized where I first heard the faintest whispers of it.

Flash back to 1993. I was sitting on the steps in front of the house of my good friend Tara. We got to chatting about our respective favourite TV shows. I mentioned the usual: Smurfs, Kidd Video, Meatballs and Spaghetti, The Snorks, GI Joe, etc...

Then she flat out said that her all time favourite show as a kid was a programme named "Candle Cove." Then She mentioned that She stopped watching it because of all the screaming.

She never went into detail about it, just that she couldn't figure out why it went from happy to sad.

This bothers me now.

It'd bother me too! I love CreepyPastas, and honestly, Candle Cove is probably my favourite. That surreal but still-sort-of-believable horror that some kids shows dipped their toes into on occasion.

Stay away from static. :x

EDIT: For those of you interested, Candle Cove is a brief but memorable read and can be found here.

"CreepyPasta" is mutated from "copypasta" which comes from "copy/paste". If I'm not mistaken, they're basically online-era ghost stories, almost always anonymously written, and passed along through copy-and-paste in forums (often 4chan-type places), as opposed to word-of-mouth.

Candle Cove is from a category called "lost episodes", which also includes memorable little gems like "Squidward's Suicide", "Dead Bart", and possibly "Suicide Mouse".

Other ones I've enjoyed (not lost episodes) have been "Abandoned by Disney/Abandoned by God", "Russian Sleep Experiment", "Pokemon Black" and "Ben Drowned (Majora's Mask cartridge)".

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - this is all off the top of my head.

So basically the spooky ghost story version of "chain posts" (aka the online version of chain letters)?

Like, "if you don't copy / paste this within 3 days you'll die" or something like that?

Not exactly (although the story "smiledog.jpg" played with that theme); they're just regular stories. A lot of them are written to look believable (particularly the "lost episode" types), whereas some are obviously too supernatural to be real, but are still good reads.

Not exactly (although the story "smiledog.jpg" played with that theme); they're just regular stories. A lot of them are written to look believable (particularly the "lost episode" types), whereas some are obviously too supernatural to be real, but are still good reads.

Are you suggesting that Tara was lying to me?

I can't say one way or the other - I've never met her. I'm just explaining what a "creepypasta" is for those who are unfamiliar.

On the topic of Candle Cove, if you're interested, the original CreepyPasta was written as a short story by one person. However, it's possible that he based it on a real show; if that's the case, perhaps that show is what your friend remembered. All ideas come from somewhere, and all the best writing is based on real experience.

I can't say one way or the other - I've never met her. I'm just explaining what a "creepypasta" is for those who are unfamiliar.

On the topic of Candle Cove, if you're interested, the original CreepyPasta was written as a short story by one person. However, it's possible that he based it on a real show; if that's the case, perhaps that show is what your friend remembered. All ideas come from somewhere, and all the best writing is based on real experience.

This site says that Candle Cove was a real TV show in the 1970's, and it refers to the so-called "screaming episode": http://candlecove.wikia.com/wiki/Candle_Cove_(TV_Show)

The Youtube samples I've seen aren't terribly convincing. No consistent imagery, and it's hard to believe that an audience in any decade would put up with that much static. Looks an awful lot like they're fan made.

The Youtube samples I've seen aren't terribly convincing. No consistent imagery, and it's hard to believe that an audience in any decade would put up with that much static. Looks an awful lot like they're fan made.

Those were fan-made re-creations. I've seen them too and they really suck.

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back