• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

casting call 2012

Not to sound like a bitch, but the 1800s America setting might be harder for roleplaying because it's pretty much only familiar to Americans, and unlike medieval fantasy there are very few mainstream sources (movies, TV shows, etc) set in that era where non-Americans can get inspiration from. It's okay if you are only appealing to the same group who participated in Aygomen Glenn, but I imagine that getting more players to join in won't be easy.

On top of that... and I apologise if it seems like I'm insulting you, because I'm not... the story about the circus, although with amazing quality and detail, doesn't really grab the attention of someone who comes here for a fetish. Then again, if you manage to find players who get into it, that's great. I can't speak for everyone on this site, I'm just letting you know what I think.

To be entirely honest, i do kind'a see where Cassandra is coming from. I still have mixed feelings about the world of the game and the use of a circus for the game setting. I'm not saying they are bad ideas, just that personally, i'm having a difficult time getting into the swing of it, which can be bad for a player, and particulerly bad if i'm going to be co-gming. I still need to sit down and give the previous game a thorough read, and that might change my views.

To the two of you,

I know this isn't a very typical setting for an RP, but that's specifically why I chose it. I'd like to run a game based more on social interaction and tact than "brute strength and magic". I chose the 18-1900s because from the American perspective you can be anything from a cowboy to an inventor, to a scholar, to a socialite; from a european perspective, you can be anywhere between an impoverished industrial drone to a well-to-do offspring of some noble lineage and absolutely anywhere in between--but being from nobility won't make you inaccessible, as with the medieval setting where someone would have to kidnap you etc in order to get you involved in the story. Hence the lack of need for the "kick in a door, fight a random guy, grab someone, and run...and run...and run..."

I'm finding it was the Achilles heel in most RPs and even the original Aygomenia fell victim to it. Once everyone has met everyone, and joined together into a big group to wander to some vague destination, there's nothing left; the narrative becomes redundant, assuming it continues to exist at all.

And as for the circus setting and story; don't get too hung up on them. As I've mentioned, the game is meant to be based more in interaction than narrative, so the circus theme is just a colorful backdrop, and can serve as a compass for when we run out of ideas. My last game was flawed in that I neglected to erect such an additional story element beforehand and developed it sort of haphazardly as I went along. The reason I chose it was so that when a change of scenery was needed, it would be as simple as piling all the people onto a train and putting them somewhere new; no walking and walking and walking--then oh shit! a tickle plant! Don't worry- we killed it--and we're walking and walking....
With a "closed set" as it were, and a few NPCs here and there to stir things up, there's no need to construct some half-assed quest that no one will pay attention to in order to keep the mojo flowing.

I realize my approach is unorthodox, and for that I'm not sorry. But I'd like to see how well this goes with a handful of at least half-dedicated players for a while. In the last game I had three people drop out of the game before it even began, and then two more in the middle of the thickening of a faux-subplot. Keeping things fairly fast and loose keeps the narrative from getting bogged down by so many variables like player schedule.

Maybe one of the GMs can try playing some kind of antagonist who drives the story forward, though it will be hard to come up with a villain whose plan somehow involves targeting a circus. But in any event, when I said the setting isn't good, I was not referring to interaction between characters. Most people don't normally associate a circus with tickling or anything that might be a turn-on. Some changes need to be made so that it won't be an ordinary circus.

With regards to that, I'd like to know what you guys think. Do you want to keep it classy like the previous Aygomen Glenn? Or add more sexuality like what I did in the original Tales of Aygomenia?

You call to attention a rather interesting dynamic I'm hoping to play with later in the narrative; The clash between the performing class of personnel, and the showmen more interested in keeping the seats filled.
On the one hand, there are the day shows known to have primarily child audiences, so the performances would be quite a bit more tame; on the other hand, the nightly performances to attract an adult audience might have to get a bit creative to keep the patrons wandering in at such late hours.
The conflict isn't meant to be so much antagonist-driven, but the GM here would have to be the ham-fisted middle manager who picks and chooses which clientele they're pandering to at any given point in time. Obviously you can't have too much sexuality with an abundant number of children present, but it isn't as if there are laws to regulate that sort of thing either. It comes down to what the parent wants the child to see, or if the child is accompanied at all.
To that same token, the risque shows would have to be approached with some caution, as we've not discussed the preference of the other players yet; maybe after there are a few character sheets up, we'll hold it to a vote, but until then, we can only speculate.

Of course, there are always the periods in time which the characters are not performing or vending or are otherwise free to pursue their personal lives. One can use as much or as little social discretion as they please; but there may be consequences for either :p

Now that sounds interesting. A typical circus by day, a cabaret/strip club by night. I agree that you need to wait for the other players to show up and see how they feel about this. Have you tried PMing the people who were in the previous Aygomen Glenn for feedback?

I hadn't, but I've sent PMs to the players who expressed an interest earlier in this thread. I've only heard back from one of them, but not seen anything in the reference section from anyone but Carnivore and myself.

Sounds very interesting if it is still opened. I would like to join and will try my very best to log on every night since right now my work load at college is light. Thank god.

Glad to have you aboard. If you'd be so kind as to get your character sheet up and running, we'll get you acclimated.

I've been trying to get an angle on this, but so far it's been a little tricky to get a feel for. Let me ask, how much are the story and action supposed to be centered around the circus itself? Certain things that've been said make it sound like the circus is a backdrop of sorts. I was hoping there'd be more characters to look at to get an idea of the world, but with two of the three so far being performers it does make it look like the circus is a huge part of things.

Relent and I had a bit of a back and forth on plot, and while it's more a scale than this or that, I'd say the circus is the backdrop. While certain scenes undoubtedly take place in the show, I think most of them would be outside the tent, so to speak.

The big issue is of course cast. We're struggling to meet minimum, which I'd say should be 6 members. And, that cast should ideally be wide ranging in scope. If it's 5 men to 1 woman, it won't work. Hence why I adopted a female character. I meant for this to help the story and provide a good tickle comrade for the other characters, rather than be a creepy old man posing as a woman. If we had myself, Relent, Taj, Bella, and two more regulars, I'd be willing to get the show on the road, with the desire and willingness to pick up participants as they come.

Until that minimum does come, I'm sitting tight. If the character balance is off in any way, I'm more than willing to replace mine for a different one. Say if it becomes majority tree folk or something.

I too can revamp my char....since nothing has started yet it isn't written in stone, but I was under the assumption that the circus was the main stage. Either way, I'm flexable. If it needs tweeking so be it.

Relent may build upon any perceptions I have, but...

I picture our cast as the outside periphery of the circus. The game starts as all of us are on the outside looking in (perhaps we are eager applicants in a high unemployment environment? Perhaps not to hit TOO close to home lately). We join up with the merry caravan with skills in magical illusions, acrobatics, candy sales, strong man/woman work, etc. Or maybe we've been with them for a short time. Either way, at step one management does not know we exist. We're trying to make it big! Perhaps PT Barnum as an old timey Hollywood.

We meet each other, gradually get pulled into this strange, vellicative circus and who knows...? Maybe someone will notice our entrepreneurial exploits! The plot for this game should hopefully be more structured than the last, and more ticklish.

^Sounds fine. I actually stacked the backdrop in such a way as to build a majority of "fringe" characters rather than have a small cast of seasoned starlets. If we went the route of making everyone too important, we'd have to drum up a ton of NPCs just to get the ball rolling, and chances are they'd be getting more action than the original characters. This route cuts out the middle man.
Bell, don't worry about back story for a character. You can literally be anyone; its the circus. It's where people run away to to start over. It's where people take audience to forget the tedium of their daily lives. It's where aspiring performers find a place to hone their skills.
Do something; do anything. We'll find a place for whoever you dream up.

Interesting viewpoint Carn...I like the idea. People who have an interest or appeal to this particular circus because of what it can offer, other then a new beginning to their lives. I could definately get into that storyline. An example being my char. is an aspiring magician who just hasn't reached a performance worthy level yet. Very interesting idea indeed...

It seems like this hasn't exactly gathered momentum yet, so might I ask if this is still open? If so, I'm entirely flexible and would like to think I'm a damned good roleplayer. I am willing both to create a character of my own and to use an existing character of either gender.

It is definitely still open and as far as I know you create you're own character. As I remember there are more male characters around at the moment.

I wouldn't be the slightest bit opposed. The Reference sheet thread is open to you if you want to do some milling around for info, and character sheets go right in there when you're done.
It's a fairly open ended game, but no giant robots or magic. Lol

What Relent said. We're happy to bring in one more. Look over the races, and pick something you like. If I can be picky, I'd ask that your character be willing to lee and ler. Also, as has been mentioned, we could use more female characters. But join in regardless, if you please.

Righto. I'll get into that immediately. Since variety is needed, I'll throw a female into the mix, unless that's going to make people feel creepy. And 'leeing and 'lering are both options at any point. I'm going to spend some time studying what there is so far.

Looking forward to it and all!

Well... I'm already playing a woman character. So, if that's creepy, we've already gone there. I like to think of the game as more of a story telling rather than as "being" the character. Also hopefully that perspective encourages us to be more descriptive. So, pick any race or background you want for the most part. Whatever suits your fancy. And don't be afraid to jump right into the thread once you've posted your character. Anyone can head into the campsite.

Now I've read through everything there is, and I see that me doing a female character would be dandy. I shall go immediately to work on a character sheet.

I've put that up. Another question: how should I enter? I can see 3 ways of going about it:

1. Burst in suddenly on what has become a smorgasbord of introductions.
2. Wait until less is going on between the characters.
3. Begin as someone already present amidst the carnies who hasn't been participating in what's happened so far.

I favor the third, but I am fine to do any of them.

Any work, so go with #3. Your character seems like quite the aggressive one. It'll be interesting to see how she interacts with the others. Welcome aboard.

I may be interested in making a character here. I don't have the time ATM, but in about 2 weeks that time will open up. So I am going to lurk a bit and see how the story goes. I love the setting you chose, excellent backdrop.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back