• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Charging for the ending of a video game??

Ticklerguy4u

3rd Level Orange Feather
This may be old news but not to me. I found out that Square Enix, the designer of Final Fantasy XIII-2 which I haven't gotten around to playing yet..it still sits on my shelf, is apparently charging for the ending. WTF!!! This DLC (down loadable content) is getting ridiculous now. Not only are DLC content already on the game disc and you have to pay to unlock it but now they are getting so greedy with money that you have to now pay to complete the game. Is this the future of gaming? I see the past 80's market crash coming in the future...where at one time no one was purchasing games anymore because of the bad games coming out. This time it will be because people are reaching deep in their pockets just for some enjoyment...I am not even sure I want to play the game now.:angry:

Could be a big industry shift coming soon like you say... I gave up playing most games years ago. Today I write them. I suck at it, but it's fun all the same.

Season passes and "dlc" that unlocks disk content? Yes, my friend, this is the future of gaming.

As for charging for the ending... fuck. Between underhanded shit like that and turning games into what they're not, it's no wonder the Japanese gaming industry is failing. Am I the only one who notices that, by the way? That the Japanese game devs are getting shittier with each game release? Examples:

Crapcom and Resident Evil= what is this I don't even

Krapnami; Hmmm, well let's see... Silent Hill: Downpour was a flop, selling only enough copies for them to make another shitty Silent Hill game in a few years. Well, that and another shit movie. Castlevania? Castlevania is fucking dead. Yes, Konami, let's take one of gaming's greatest titles ever and turn it into a pile of horseshit. Fun fact: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow isn't really a Castlevania game. It was originally just going to be a game called Lords of Shadow, but some idiot at Konami said "Hmm, this will sell much better if we give the guy a whip and call it Castlevania". That's exactly what they did, too. As if that's not bad enough, they're making a sequel.

Shit Enix? They're busted. They need to stop with the shitty "Final Fantasy (number)-(number)" titles and just fully remake Final Fantasy VII. They know that's what we all want, but they refuse to do one until they "make a Final Fantasy that people like better than VII" . Yeah, good luck, assholes.

Sorry to have a huge rant in your thread, Ticklerguy. Just some stuff I wanted to get out there. :)

I hadn't heard of that either! How f- *cough cough* retarded is that? Sometimes I feel that all that downloadable content stuff begins to make people greedy, before all the online options that would have never been possible at all. Understandable your excitement to play the game has ceased somewhat; didn't think something like that would ever happen when you already spent enough money for the game purchase itself. As if money was growing from trees... :ranty:

Could imagine though that quite a few people refuse to get the DLC because it's not worth the money for them, so maybe they made it because of that to get a bigger piece of the money cake.

Stick to the Mario 2D scrollers....they are fun and never charge anything!

i dont play like i used to but i would never buy that stuff ill stick with the game how it is

Sadly, the gaming industry has to adapt to its market in an economy that's growing increasingly shitty. With people not being able to throw down $60 on a full console game, many resort to smaller games, like the Wii ware. I spent $35 to make sure I got all episodes of Final Fantasy IV: the After Years. It was almost as much as some games, but it was worth it to me.

Back in the '90s, I spent countless hours playing turn-based tactical games like Jagged Alliance 2 and X-Com. Last year someone released a remake of Jagged Alliance 2, and it was barely playable. X-Com has also been remade, and I'm having second thoughts about playing it based on the JA2 experience...and don't get me started on the re-imagining of Frogger.

When you say "ending" are you talking about an expansion which goes beyond the actual ending, or the game simply cutting off in a considerable anti-climactic and abrupt fashion?

ie, Fallout 3 has a relatively complete ending, but they added "Broken Steel" as an add on, which continue's past the ending of the original game. While i enjoyed Broken Steel, I also felt the Fallout 3 innitial ending was fitting, if not a little depressing. Is this type of thing what you are talking about?

For the record, having finished XIII-2, there is an ending on disc, it just blows. The dlc for the "true" ending is a crock too, as it doesn't answer a damn thing, rather serving as a lead in for XIII-3, or whatever the hell it's called.

There is hope though with some companies in this area. Bioware received huge negative feedback for their initial ending to Mass Effect 3, so what did they do? They slightly retooled it, added new scenes and explanations, and released it FOR FREE. So yeah, dlc for an ending is bull, but at least some companies will own up and say "our bad, here's a free fix."

What's New

6/5/2024
The TMF Welcome forum has a place for you to say hello to us! Take a moemnt and say Hi.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back