• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Charlie Brown Holiday Specials - Inappropriate Content???

Taye

Verified
We've reached a time now where bullying and harrassment is of utmost concern. This was discussed on the airwaves today, that the Charlie Brown Halloween special aired this time of year, should be banned from tv. I disagree with the removal(don't think this article mentions that) but your thoughts??

http://www.globalnews.ca/appropriate/6442744665/story.html

It's funny I just bought this on blue ray and my wife did say to me " there not very nice to each other are they ?" However it's still a classic. It's a part of my life so I bought it to share with my son. In MY OPINION I THINK PEOPLE ARE two sensitive nowadays. That's my opinion. Please try and respect it. I just feel like these are the same people who want to make everybody a winner. There's no trophy for fourth place. It's ok to lose. And it's ok to watch the peanuts. And no Charile Brown will never get to kick that football.

Last edited:
Oh for crying out loud. If people like Bishop don't want their kids watching it, fine, great, knock yourself out. Then, MYOB and leave the rest of us alone.

Sometimes I wonder about up coming generations. Are we getting worse or better. what come to mind is the 'timeout' deal. Growing up i got my ass whooped if I did something wrong. it didnt damage me in any way. I always hated school , wanting to do something else, but i endured and made it to high school. I wasn't diagnosed with something or was there an excuse made for me.

I am wondering if we are turning our children into adults that can't handle the reality of life or are we growing enough to understand the damage it may cause. I grew up watching charlie brown every year on the holidays and to be honest---it didn't effect me in any way and like others in grammer school I did have my share of being bullied but I never put the two together. So are we treating kids emotions like glass that they are actually become that fragile.

The only thing that can save us are free roaming herds of Velociraptors

Im surprised the liberals/politically correct idiots, havent said anything yet.

Things like this always bother me on a base level.

There is a base movement that crosses both sides of the political divide that holds (what I feel is a utterly wrong assumptions) that if you hide something from view, you protect people (children) On the Liberal side this manifests in the 'Hide all Bullying' mantra of late. On the Conservative side it's 'hide all alternative sexualities'

But in both cases it's all "For the Children's safety" as if ideas are infections that you can save them from by hiding them away. Like real infections, you can dodge them for a bit by living in isolation, but odds are you are still going to be infected at some point in normal daily life.

The answer is not isolation it's inoculation. Kids need to be exposed to all sort so of ideas that are out there in the wilds, while a parent or guardian can discuss them, and help the child see why people act thusly, and why you feel they should take one side of the debate over the other. In short, kids need to have chances to think, and work stuff out with supervision from adults.

The fear of other, or of stupidity or ignorance in others is the argument made against this sort of behavior. And it's a compelling one that often leads to censorship and the endlessly futile attempt to hide all the pointy ideas that might poke into little Tommy and Sally's minds.

Kids Bully each other. It's not right, but it IS. Lucy is a Bully. She hits people to get her way. She yells to get her way. Charlie Brown tends to submit to it. He IS bullied.

The fear that children will take the lesson that Bullying is funny and possibly something to do is what drives the desire to censor this cartoon. But most children recognize exactly what is happening in the story, and very few of them will ever say they "like" Lucy, or want to be like her. They recognize her for what she is, because they have had friends do the same to them. And any parent that asked their kids what they thought about a pulled away football (And fess up parents, you've messed with your toddler that way at last once right?) and you'll hear they think its wrong.

We can't bubble wrap the world. And often it doesn't need to be.

Myriads

There's always someone looking to get media attention by saying something stupid around the holidays. The best thing to do is ignore them.

Are you Freaking Serious? Must Everybody find something wrong with Everything? This is the Problem with Society Today

I have a Solution, if you don't like it, just don't watch it. It's as simple as that.

I'm gonna be Listening to see how this Plays Out. But with how our Society is Today, this very well could mean the the End of One of the Greatest Shows to ever Air on TV

Sorry, but I've read the article and I'm sold.

This aging and pro-bullying cartoon can go away and never come back as far as I'm concerned. I am quite frankly glad I was able to catch this on time because Christmas is fast approaching. Effectively meaning that the Charlie Brown Christmas special is going to be broadcast.

The blogger is right. We need new classics. I may only be one person now, but I god damned guarrantee you that when I hit the halls of every highschool and college campus across my province we WILL replace this decrepit cartoon with a new and aptly titled Christmas classic.

I happen to think Niki Minaj's holiday special "yo, look at my tits and dumb smile cuz thats all im good for, yo" will fill this gap exceptionally well.

I'm actuall glad that I DID catch this thread because I promised myelf I was going to stream "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" (cuz i finally gots high speed. YEEEEEE!) But I completely forgot to yesterday. I still got to watch the legend of sleepy hollow, return of the living dead, and an assload of "documentaries" on hauntings and haunted houses!

Things like this always bother me on a base level.

There is a base movement that crosses both sides of the political divide that holds (what I feel is a utterly wrong assumptions) that if you hide something from view, you protect people (children) On the Liberal side this manifests in the 'Hide all Bullying' mantra of late. On the Conservative side it's 'hide all alternative sexualities'

But in both cases it's all "For the Children's safety" as if ideas are infections that you can save them from by hiding them away. Like real infections, you can dodge them for a bit by living in isolation, but odds are you are still going to be infected at some point in normal daily life.

The answer is not isolation it's inoculation. Kids need to be exposed to all sort so of ideas that are out there in the wilds, while a parent or guardian can discuss them, and help the child see why people act thusly, and why you feel they should take one side of the debate over the other. In short, kids need to have chances to think, and work stuff out with supervision from adults.

The fear of other, or of stupidity or ignorance in others is the argument made against this sort of behavior. And it's a compelling one that often leads to censorship and the endlessly futile attempt to hide all the pointy ideas that might poke into little Tommy and Sally's minds.

Kids Bully each other. It's not right, but it IS. Lucy is a Bully. She hits people to get her way. She yells to get her way. Charlie Brown tends to submit to it. He IS bullied.

The fear that children will take the lesson that Bullying is funny and possibly something to do is what drives the desire to censor this cartoon. But most children recognize exactly what is happening in the story, and very few of them will ever say they "like" Lucy, or want to be like her. They recognize her for what she is, because they have had friends do the same to them. And any parent that asked their kids what they thought about a pulled away football (And fess up parents, you've messed with your toddler that way at last once right?) and you'll hear they think its wrong.

We can't bubble wrap the world. And often it doesn't need to be.

Myriads

This is one of the best posts I've seen on the forum in some time.

Sorry, but I've read the article and I'm sold.

This aging and pro-bullying cartoon can go away and never come back as far as I'm concerned. I am quite frankly glad I was able to catch this on time because Christmas is fast approaching. Effectively meaning that the Charlie Brown Christmas special is going to be broadcast.

The blogger is right. We need new classics. I may only be one person now, but I god damned guarrantee you that when I hit the halls of every highschool and college campus across my province we WILL replace this decrepit cartoon with a new and aptly titled Christmas classic.

I happen to think Niki Minaj's holiday special "yo, look at my tits and dumb smile cuz thats all im good for, yo" will fill this gap exceptionally well.

I'm actuall glad that I DID catch this thread because I promised myelf I was going to stream "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" (cuz i finally gots high speed. YEEEEEE!) But I completely forgot to yesterday. I still got to watch the legend of sleepy hollow, return of the living dead, and an assload of "documentaries" on hauntings and haunted houses!

well if this is the case we might as well get rid of superhero movies and cartoons too. We already know villians are wrong for abusing the power they have in comic books but what of the hero. Most times the hero engages in "fisttacuffs" with the villian to stop him...as long as he saves innocents its okay to promote violence. Maybe there should be new superheroes called "wrapit man"---he wraps villians up with rope but that may be looked as bondage tied up against his will. Well Batman definitely shows the darker side of a person...he uses fear to scare people. That's not right . He is no better then the villians. Superman uses his super abilities to stop criminals...they are often no match for him. I guess when you have the upper hand you have the authority to take matters in your own hands..it must be teaching that to everyone. that's not good.

Everyone is free to raise their children as they see fit I just think somewhere somehow its going to backfire on us as a society. The funny thing is that most of the adults that disagree with this probably grew up watching it so in retrospect they are saying that they are screwed up because of the cartoons they watched as a child. weird.

I say rewrite that scene in the Charlie Brown special. Instead of missing the football,he kicks Lucy in the head.

I say rewrite that scene in the Charlie Brown special. Instead of missing the football,he kicks Lucy in the head.

Heh. Mad magazine actually did this in a parody once. She screws him over again and he swings around and murder's her with a boot to the head.:laughhard:

Robot Chicken did a parody as well. :D

So did Family Guy. After She Moves the Football and Charlie Brown Falls, Peter comes out and beats the Crap out of Her and makes Her hold the Ball so Charlie Brown can Kick it :)

I have long ago lost all capacity to be surprised by any ridiculously oversensitive crap put forth either by or for the Bike Helmet Generation.

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back