• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Check those attics and basements

Bugman

Verified
I just heard a brief report on the local sports talk station.It seems a woman in St. Louis was cleaning out her grandmother's house after her passing.When she opened an old trunk in the basement,she found a number of papers written by Dr. James Naismith,the inventor of basketball.

Among the papers are a set of the original rules and a diary with notes on how he developed the game.There is some other memorabilia also.Estimated value is well into seven figures.

Blow the dust off those old trunks and look in the closets,you never know what might be lurking around the house.

Too late. When was in college my mother cleaned out the basement and threw away all my old baseball cards (from the mid 1950's). :( :( :(

Last edited:
Mil's,i knew a guy that had the same thing happen to him when he was in Vietnam,and he had some going back to the 20's and 30's. :sadcry:

during a move when i was a child, dad lost my barbie doll, midge, and ken..plus the entire wardrobe for the dolls. today it would have been quite a collector's dream..the clothes i had for my barbie and midge, wow, there were so many and so very pretty...hmm i live in a house that was built in 1930, maybe i'll go take a look-see up in the attic one day, if ever i get over my fear of ladders..

ive already scavanged everything for ebay, so there is nothing left. but back in the 90's when i bought my house in ypsilanti, one of the previous owners left a ton of old lincoln and mercury parts still in the factory boxes from the late 50's and early 60's in the attic above the garage that i discovered, and i made a killing on them........

BLUE_THUNDER said:
ive already scavanged everything for ebay, so there is nothing left. but back in the 90's when i bought my house in ypsilanti, one of the previous owners left a ton of old lincoln and mercury parts still in the factory boxes from the late 50's and early 60's in the attic above the garage that i discovered, and i made a killing on them........

Thats cool man.Ya just never know.....

An original copy of the Constitution was bought many years ago at a garage sale.It was hidden behind an old painting.The purchase price was a few dollars,and it was only discovered because the person who bought the painting wanted the frame not the painting.

Excuse me as i rip all the paintings off my walls and tear them apart.:blaugh:

isabeau said:
during a move when i was a child, dad lost my barbie doll, midge, and ken..plus the entire wardrobe for the dolls. today it would have been quite a collector's dream..the clothes i had for my barbie and midge, wow, there were so many and so very pretty...hmm i live in a house that was built in 1930, maybe i'll go take a look-see up in the attic one day, if ever i get over my fear of ladders..

Izzy, I had so many of these dolls too! Clothes you name it. Mine would have been a collectors dream. But when parents clean things out they don't ever think like this...mine is all gone as well!

isabeau said:

hmmmm........So I take it you were playing with your Barbie doll in 1930???

On this note...one of my aunts was clearing out some old letters of my Grandmother's when at the bottom of the pile she found quite a few family photographs. While they won't bring in major dollars, they are irreplaceable. Some were pictures Dad or I had taken and passed along, but quite a few were taken when my Dad was a youngster and no one even remembered that they existed. I've got them to make copies of so they won't disappear entirely into oblivion for several more years. Wish my aunt had saved the letters too; they would have been useful for some research I'm doing. But, she tossed them.

An incident springs to mind from the very first attic clean-out I ever did. I was about seven or eight at the time and as such, because I was quite small in stature, I was sent right to the back to retrieve an old cardboard box that was sitting there. The box was roughly the same size as a portable TV, and strangely enough there was a picture of TV on the side of it though the word "SHIT" had been scrawled over the top of it in black marker pen. Anyway, I was instructed by my parents to retrieve this box of SHIT, however when I tried to lift it it wouldn't even budge an inch. My dad told me to have a look inside to see what was in it, so I opened the top and it turned out that the SHIT box was actually an interdimensional portal to the forgotten city of R'lyeh where dead Cthulu lies sleeping, and by opening it I had unleashed the immortal terror of The Old Ones upon our world.

Which was nice.

This will prob make more sense to the sport memorabilia collectors amongst us...I was cleaning my drawers in my office space and found a pile of football cards nothing special I thought at first just a few Raider players and few others all recent...then I found an interesting signed rookie card I got for .99c - Frank Gore (49ers) he was only a 3rd round pick nothing special and coming out THA U I thought for under a dollar why not; that was the start of the '05 season.

I checked the cards value today on EBAY and it is asking around $75-$100 USD.

It just goes to show as well, things don't have to covered in dust to a have value (or has increased in value).

Priest

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back