• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

CLANG - Another one has gone...... (The Sad News Thread) :(

The Internet

2nd Level Green Feather
Let's face it: they've been dropping like flies this year. This year? Just this week! Leonard Cohen, Leon Russell, Robert Vaughn, Gwen Ifill, the American Dream, oh wait sorry.....lol.......wrong thread.......anyways, yeah, I figured instead of having ten sad threads.....maybe we can consolidate it into one. The sad announcement thread.

MOSE ALLISON just passed away. A great songwriter and jazz stylist.......you Who freaks certainly know "Young Man Blues", the smoking opening song on "Live At Leeds". Well, it was written by Mose and originally performed in a much more "laid-back" version:

Mose Allison: Young Man Blues

Yardbirds fans (and 60's garage band collectors) might remember "I'm Not Talkin'", another Mose song.

He ended up living in the next town from where I grew up and when I was a kid, it boggled my mind that this guy from Mississippi who wrote "Young Man Blues" now lived in Suffolk County, Long Island! :D

Anyways, because I just couldn't bear to make ANOTHER death thread, I figured I could just make ONE thread to encompass them all, as they come up. Obviously someone like Mohammed Ali, or Bowie, or Prince would get their own thread.

But like for instance PHIL CHESS died a couple of weeks ago! Phil Chess! Where would music be without Phil?! FANTASTIC documentary about the great Chicago record labels, Chess being prominently featured, and 10,000 times better than that moronic, wildly-inaccurate piece of garbage "Cadillac Records". (for one, they don't even have Phil as a character in the movie! What the....?!)

Really, a truly great, highly informative music documentary, a cut above most of this ilk....just like Phil ;) :

So R.I.P. Mose & Phil, you served us admirably!

President-elect Trump needs to tell the Grim Reaper of Musicians "You're fired! No more!" Wishful thinking I know....and, there are so many others out there that are getting up in age. I kinda hate to think about 2017 and 2018. RIP to all those we've lost so far.

It is remarkable how many famous people the world of music has lost recently. :( :(
Rest In Peace, Mr. Allison.

Turns out Mr. Allison was an artist I knew from his music without knowing his name or anything about him. And Phil Chess is gone too? RIP. :(

My natural speaking voice sounds exactly like Leonard

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back