• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Congratulations To Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux, and Frank Thomas...

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
The moment I have been waiting for since 2008 just happened. Breaking news via text and the AJC.

www.ajc.com.

Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, and Frank Thomas have all been elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame, and all are so deserving.

Greg Maddux, 355 Wins.. 3371 Strikeouts , Four straight Cy Young Awards from 1992 to 1995.

Tom Glavine, 305 wins. 2607 Strikeouts , Cy Young Winner in 1991 and 1998.

Frank Thomas- 301 lifetime batting average, 521 Homers, . One of the last of the honest home run hitters, along with future likely 2018 Hall Inductee Chipper Jones.

Bobby Cox, and two of his mainstay pitchers will go in together.

I have every reason to believe that John Smoltz will be joining his long time teammates Maddux and Glavine in Cooperstown next year.

Congratulations to Mr Glavine, Mr Maddux, Mr Thomas, and all of this year's inductees. 2014 will see a wonderful group of people who contributed so much to baseball, inducted.

I totally agree that John Smoltz should make the Hall, next year!!! If you look at his stats as a starter and reliever, individually, I'd say probably not. But put them together (213 wins+154 saves)= 367 wins that he personally contributed too!!! Not to mention over 3000 strikeouts (which used to be compared to 3000 hits) for criteria to make the HoF!!! And all the relief appearances happened after being injured and out for the entire 2000 season!!!

So congrats to the newest members!!! The Braves "Big 3"..should be reunited and "join" the "greatest team" of all time, next year!!!

From the 50's on Maddux just about the best I have ever seen, amazing finesse pitcher.

bd, while I see your point about Smoltz..there's an additional argument besides the one you make of the 367 wins he contributed to..

Smoltz is the only guy with 200 wins, and 150 saves. When you're the only guy to reach an elite club, I'd say you belong in the Hall.

Something else.

Only two pitchers.. Smoltz. and Dennis Eckersley.. have won both the Cy Young, and the Rolaids Relief Man of the year award. Eck is already in the Hall. It seems without question that Smoltz should get in on the first ballot.

bd, while I see your point about Smoltz..there's an additional argument besides the one you make of the 367 wins he contributed to..

Smoltz is the only guy with 200 wins, and 150 saves. When you're the only guy to reach an elite club, I'd say you belong in the Hall.

Something else.

Only two pitchers.. Smoltz. and Dennis Eckersley.. have won both the Cy Young, and the Rolaids Relief Man of the year award. Eck is already in the Hall. It seems without question that Smoltz should get in on the first ballot.

Excellent point!! Didn't realize Smoltz held that distinction!! And of course Eck is already there, as is Rollie Fingers, isn't he?? The only two true relievers in the Hall..I believe. (although Eck was a starter to begin with) Too bad Lee Smith keeps coming up short!! After all..he was the all time saves leader..before Trevor Hoffman and Mariano came along..both of whom should also make it on their first ballots!!!

And about winning both the Cy Young and Rolaids awards..didn't Mike Marshall of the Dodgers, win both in '74, making him the 1st to do so?? But maybe there was no Rolaids award back then. (sorry, too lazy to look it up) As long as Rolaids has been around, maybe they weren't the sponsor, yet. (if it existed) Another little tidbit..showing my age!!!

I think you're right about Mike Marshall. I was only 4 at the time lol, and didn't pay attention to baseball, so I'm not sure.

I agree with you about Hoffman, Mariano, and Smoltz.

What's New

6/5/2024
The TMF Welcome forum has a place for you to say hello to us! Take a moemnt and say Hi.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back