• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Could you date someone with the same name as one of your parents?

Could you?

• Sure why wouldn't I?

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Jesus Christ how horrifying.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
It would be weird for me to date someone named Sheila. The only other Sheila I've ever known in my life, is my friend Adam's mom, but she';s 73, only two years younger than my mom would have been if she was alive now.

Why not? It's only a name.

^This. I don't see a problem with it. It is hard enough to meet someone I click with...I wouldn't get hung up on something as simple as a person's name. If it bothers you that much, maybe come up with a nickname or something to call the person you're dating. Besides, I never call my Mom by her first name anyway. I always just call her Mom. Unless maybe you're dating a girl who's first name is...Mom??? :D

I've been in a relationship with mom. No Freudian issues ever presented themselves!

The name wouldn't affect me at all. I wouldn't even be thinking about it--not even a little bit once in a while.

Sure, no problem. It's a nice name.

No problem with it . But I wouldnt date someone with the same name as me . That would be weird .

No problem with it . But I wouldnt date someone with the same name as me . That would be weird .

That's an interesting conundrum right there, and possible if you have one of those AC/DC names like Leslie or Dana. But couldn't you get around that by using nicknames in the relationship? I'm not in danger of having that problem, since I've never heard of a woman with any form of the first name that I have, but if my name were Leslie and I were in a position to date a woman I was attracted to named Leslie, surely there'd be some way of making the name problem painless.

That's an interesting conundrum right there, and possible if you have one of those AC/DC names like Leslie or Dana. But couldn't you get around that by using nicknames in the relationship? I'm not in danger of having that problem, since I've never heard of a woman with any form of the first name that I have, but if my name were Leslie and I were in a position to date a woman I was attracted to named Leslie, surely there'd be some way of making the name problem painless.

Incredibly, I have a cousin named Leslie (male) who is married to a woman named Leslie, and they have two children. My cousin goes by "Les" and she goes by "Leslie". It doesn't seem to upset either of them.

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back