• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead...

venray

Verified
THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

irwinci9.jpg

Steve Irwin and wife Terri

The naturalist and television star Steve Irwin has died in a diving accident in far north Queensland. He was 44.

Police say he was stung through the heart by a stingray while diving off Port Douglas.

He was filming a documentary when the accident occurred around midday AEST near the Low Isles.

A helicopter arrived with paramedics on board to try to resuscitate him, but it was too late.

Irwin, who was was born in Victoria in 1962, inherited his love of reptiles from his father.

His father Bob was a keen reptile enthusiast and moved the family to Queensland in 1970 to open a small reptile park on the Sunshine Coast.

Irwin took over the family business in 1991 and grew it into Australia Zoo.

In 1992 he ventured into television, making the first series of the Crocodile Hunter.

When the program aired in the United States, he shot to international fame.

Irwin is survived by his wife Terri and two children.

In 2003, he spoke to the ABC's Australian Story about how he was perceived in his country.

"When I see what's happened all over the world, they're looking at me as this very popular, wildlife warrior Australian bloke," he said.

"And yet back here in my own country, some people find me a little bit embarrassing.

"You know, there's this... they kind of cringe, you know, 'cause I'm coming out with 'Crikey' and 'Look at this beauty'.

"Just say what you're gonna say, mate. You know, is it a cultural cringe? Is it, they actually see a little bit of themselves when they see me, and they find that a little embarrassing?

"I'm fair dinkum, like kangaroos and Land Cruisers, winged keels and bloody flies! I think we've lost all that. I think we've all become very, sort of, money people."

He also spoke of his love for surfing.

"You get out there, it's just you against the waves.

"There's no paparazzi, there's no fan base, and it gives me a chance to recuperate and regenerate.

"I think I've actually got animals so genetically inside me that there's no way I could actually be anything else.

"I think my path would have always gone back to or delivered me to wildlife. I think wildlife is just like a magnet, and it's something that I can't help."

Last edited:
I just came across the news on MySpace. So sad. He was awesome!
rip.gif

May he rest in peace. I am very sad to read about this... He was a free spirit, and he died doing what he loved.

I just heard the news as well, it actually brought a tear to my eye. I was lucky enough to see him in person while visiting 'Australia zoo' last year. I had so much respect for him, some comfort can be taken from he died from what he loved to do. May God bless him and his family.

Kust

it's cool to see so many nice things being said about this man. i never understood his detractors. the guy had a ton of balls. may he rest in peace.

oh my god!

This news actually shocked me! The guy seemed invincible at times and his death came so sudden...just goes to show how frail life truely is.

May he rest in peace...he seemed like a genuinely kind man :sadcry:

He was a good man, his enthusiasm and passion for animals will be greatly missed. He was truly a one of a kind person...

Love him or hate him, Irwin brought his own brand of enthusiasm to his nature programmes, and I'm sure he influenced a lot of young people to get into his kind of field. He also did a lot of good work to protect wild species and for that he should be praised. One can't say that this kind of death was totally unforeseen but it is still not something I would have wished on him or his family.

May he rest in peace.

o wow i can't believe this...although i could rarely watch his show...you know snakes...i thought he was very brave...what a shame..and so young...aww his poor wife and baby...

This is a shock.

Mrs Knox and I were big fans. I'm gonna tell her when she wakes up, it's gonna blow her mind.

Steve Irwin was an amazing guy...it's hard to think of who better represented the face of Australia to the rest of the world in recent years. He will be very much missed.

Wow....that's crazy. God be with his family at this time. I really liked his show.

No way. *Confirms elsewhere* He really is. :dropatear I guess with someone like Mr. Irwin, I really didn't expect an end like this, being that he was always around danger and seemed to never let it get to him. I can't put it better than his friend John Stainton did in this TIME article : "He died doing what he loves best, and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. He would have said, Crocs rule." Rest in peace, Steve. ;_;

When i first saw this thread i was hoping it was some type of joke, but sadly it looks like it is not. i was a big fan of steve's and watched his show regularly. its amazing that after all this time he was done in by a stingray. he was truly larger than life, and he will be missed by many......... :(

they are saying this was one in a million bad luck incident...and he died fairly quickly...the weird thing is..i've touched stingrays before..i had no idea they could be so deadly...ahh i'll miss him..and john boy and billy always did a take--off on him with a skit..i'm guessing they won't do that any longer..

I'm sad to hear about Steve's passing, I watched his show and he was very entertaining as well as informative.

At the same time though, I don't know if I would put myself in dangerous situations knowing I have a family at home.

May God be with his wife and baby. :dropatear

Drew

This is a terrible tradegy. I saw his full length feature film, "Crocodile Hunter:Collision Course", that was released in theaters a few years ago. He seemed like a great guy. I feel awful for his family. May he rest in peace.

Mitch

I wasn't crazy about his show, but always respected his sincerity and his passion-you gotta' respect a man who lives with passion! He's left behind a wife and two kids who will miss him terribly. Condolences to the family...RIP.

It's odd.

I always figured that he was one of those guys who was invincible.

The way he put himself in harms way pretty much concreted that ideal with me. I keep forgetting that he's only human.

I found out late last night about his passing. It's so sad, and he was so young. Just as some of the others said, at least he passed doing what he loves. I swear if I hear his voice I am going to cry. He and his family are in our thoughts.

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back