• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

D-Day + 66 years

SamuelKhan

4th Level Blue Feather
blog-dday.jpg

AMERICAN_20TROOPS_20LANDING_20ON_20D-DAY_20OMAHA_20BEACH_20NORMANDY_20COAST_201944.jpg

88028554.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-weBUzQleo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-weBUzQleo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Those incredible men accomplished incredible things that day, under conditions that those who were not there can never really understand. May they never be forgotten. :usa:

Thanks for the reminder Sam.

http://www.kansasheritage.org/abilene/ikedday.html

PS. Let us honor our allies as well, who also paid a heavy price that day.

Why is it that the older members on this forum are the ones posting in this thread?:shrug::usa:

I feel sure there was someone else there helping out the US, but dont quote me on that.

Actually, one of the most important days in WORLD HISTORY! :cheer:

It says a lot for the state of the world that it takes a German to acknowledge that D-Day was of worldwide importance, not just an American job.

One of my favourite quotes is "the new world, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old". But no matter what Hollywood tries to make you think, remember that on that "day of days" Britain, the USA, Canada, free France, Poland and Norway, along with others, came together and stood shoulder to shoulder in the greatest invasion and liberation effort the world has ever seen, and ever will see.
No single nation could have defeated Hitler and the Japanese empire on its own, and no part played by any nation should ever be understated, whether they contributed 3 men, or 3 million men. Lest we forget.

But no matter what Hollywood tries to make you think, remember that on that "day of days" Britain, the USA, Canada, free France, Poland and Norway, along with others, came together and stood shoulder to shoulder in the greatest invasion and liberation effort the world has ever seen, and ever will see.

Personally I think that this was also a liberation for Germany.

If there was one single nation capable of defeating the Third Reich, it was the Soviets. After Stalingrad, Soviet victory was inevitable.

Only the United States Navy and Marines shrank the Imperial Japanese expansion. Their fortunes changed after Midway. Then came the dread decision Truman had to make in 1945.

Personally I think that this was also a liberation for Germany.

Of course it was. Germany lost some great minds in 1933, including the gentle genius himself Albert Einstein, and several others. Enrico Fermi fled Mussolini's Italy after winning the Nobel Prize.

If there was one single nation capable of defeating the Third Reich, it was the Soviets. After Stalingrad, Soviet victory was inevitable.

And that's why we are all ever so grateful that didn't happen! :)

Germany lost some great minds in 1933, including the gentle genius himself Albert Einstein, and several others. Enrico Fermi fled Mussolini's Italy after winning the Nobel Prize.

Yeah...some people actually knew what was going on and left if they could!

Only the United States Navy and Marines shrank the Imperial Japanese expansion. Their fortunes changed after Midway. Then came the dread decision Truman had to make in 1945.

You forget the contribution of Britain, Australia and India and the rest of the Commonwealth. Two wars were fought in the Pacific; the one most know about, ie the American island hopping, and the one nobody knows about, the "forgotten front" that Britain and the Commonwealth fought.

And yes, the Soviets could have toppled the third reich, but in so so many ways Stalin was worse than Hitler, so like Rhiannon says - we should all be grateful D-Day happened and he never got the chance to take all Europe!

And Rhiannon, I completely agree; the defeat of Hitler liberated Germany and Europe from the Nazis, rather than from the Germans per se.

And Rhiannon, I completely agree; the defeat of Hitler liberated Germany and Europe from the Nazis, rather than from the Germans per se.

Indeed...I sometimes feel that those Germans who tried to fight him get forgotten.

You're right Rhiannon, completely. The 20th July plot proves that.

I'm not trying to understate the contribution of the Americans World War Two, nor on D-Day; the contribution of America, especially in Europe as Hitler never truly directly threatened mainland North America, was immense and the war would not have been won in a favourable way without that contribution.
But as a history student I think the most important thing is not to forget. Many, many others made just as huge sacrifices in that war - America could not have won had Britain not kept "buggering on", as there would have been no place to invade Europe from; Britain could not have survived without the influx of Polish fighter pilots, etc etc.

Anyway this is off topic. It's not who did more to win, it is that very many men laid down their lives on those Normandy beaches, on the beaches of the Pacific Islands and beyond and it is to those men, and those that survived, that we owe our eternal gratitude.

It is very true that we shouldn't forget about the commonwealth and soldiers from occupied nations, but let's also not forget about the GERMANS who actually opposed the regime! Hardly anyone remembers the Germans who resisted Hitler, and those were some of the bravest people during the course of the war! People like the members of "The White Rose", Oskar and Emilie Schindler, as well as Heinz Drossel, a lieutenant who actually ordered his own men to open fire on an SS unit!

Stalin begged for help from Britain in the form of convoys of supplies, many of which came to grief at the hands of the German U boats. Supplies which Britain could ill afford to give away to anyone at the time as she was fighting Germany single handed. This is one of the ways that Stalin was able to build up his strength to take on Hitler.

Also, Britain smashed Germany's airforce in 1940, which caused Hitler to turn his attention to Russia, who it is worth remembering were a German ally at the start of the war.

Samuelkhan would do well to remember that while all this was happening the US were still having trouble making their minds up who the bad guys were. Had it not been for Pearl Harbour its possible they may never have entered the war at all.

The British and Canadian contribution to D day was just as important and on the same scale as the US effort, despite what you might be forgiven for thinking having watched Steven Speilbergs propaganda movies.

Why is Samuelkhan so reluctant to give Britain the credit it deserves?

What's New

5/17/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip location!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back