• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dailymotion free tickling

The_Musician

TMF Expert
Hello all, I found dailymotion the other day ,it proberly has been around for ever and I didn't know it . I do have a big problem with this site ,they or the people who up load are stealing producer's work and that is not right . I like a nice preview but some of the clips are a whole movies and this is not fair to the producer's who have to pay to make these tickling films .This is like stealing music or a song it cost money . Why aren't copy right laws enforced by the producer's ? I don't mine a bargin but I don't want to hurt the producer's and their business .Everyone should boycott Daiylmotion in my humble opinion.

The same can be said of Youtube and other video sharing websites. Personally a bit of publicity never hurt anyone, if anything it generates an interest in the sites and people go and look at other clips and buy some.

Didn't we have this argument, like, a month ago?

Truth be told seeing full clips on Dailymotion has led to me buying more clips than I would have without originally seeing the producers full work. A preview sometimes isn't enough for the commitment. Seeing a multitude of full length clips has really highlighted some of the talents (and lack there of) of producers I was on the fence about.

Dailymotion has not prevented me from purchasing a clip I would have intended on buying had I not found it on the website. What I mean is, I've never seen anything on Dailymotion that I've intended to pay for beforehand. If anything it has done the opposite. I think too many people are quick to point out the immoral piracy of other peoples work, and can't see past that to understand how this might infact draw more business too them.

This comes with the territory. I'm sure producers are not happy about it, but they must have expected this realistically when they committed to producing and selling digital material. Luckily for them the chances of seeking out a specific clip a customer intends to buy on youtube or dailymotion is highly unlikely, as you can't actually search for specific clips, and have to browse a large pool of a minute percentage of copyrighted work out there.

Hello all, I found dailymotion the other day ,it proberly has been around for ever and I didn't know it . I do have a big problem with this site ,they or the people who up load are stealing producer's work and that is not right . I like a nice preview but some of the clips are a whole movies and this is not fair to the producer's who have to pay to make these tickling films .This is like stealing music or a song it cost money . Why aren't copy right laws enforced by the producer's ? I don't mine a bargin but I don't want to hurt the producer's and their business .Everyone should boycott Daiylmotion in my humble opinion.
You an attorney for one of the big record companies or something?

The same can be said of Youtube and other video sharing websites. Personally a bit of publicity never hurt anyone, if anything it generates an interest in the sites and people go and look at other clips and buy some.

Daily Motion seems way worse than Youtube. Daily Motion doesn't seem to care, Youtube will take off videos.. plus alot of the videos on youtube are just the previews that people post to advertize their stuff... there are some full videos on youtube, but no where near as many as Daily Motion has...

When I see clips on Daily Motion it helps me to decide what clips I want to buy... I use it as a preview. I like to own my clips and save them to my hard drive.

Everyone does not only want free clips only.

Dandy Jack...

When I see clips on Daily Motion it helps me to decide what clips I want to buy... I use it as a preview. I like to own my clips and save them to my hard drive.

Everyone does not only want free clips only.

Dandy Jack...

I agree. :) Sometimes it's nice to watch full legnth free videos because like the preview might make it look really good but then you get the clip and it actually sucks...

but I also like to buy clips i think are worth buying.. it's easer to gain access to them if they're on my compuer rather than just on some site on the internet.

I think Daily Motion is doing a good job

I agree. :) Sometimes it's nice to watch full legnth free videos because like the preview might make it look really good but then you get the clip and it actually sucks...

but I also like to buy clips i think are worth buying.. it's easer to gain access to them if they're on my compuer rather than just on some site on the internet.

Sometimes there may be a great clip but the site takes it down for some reason. The clips on Daily Motion don't stay forever. It is better to buy the clips you like. Producers need to know that free clips are like promotional info that the clip owners do not have to pay for.

I think they should be happy to see their clips on Daily Motion.

Dandy Jack

I personally looove dailymotion lol. It lets me enjoy my fetish AND keep in a poor college kid's budget

hmmm

Yea, i feel like if there are a couple of full videos it kinda sells it self more so than the preview. So it opens my curiosity to see more from that company. Otherwise the preview just is like "ehhhh i wish i saw more than 9 seconds lol"

Sometimes there may be a great clip but the site takes it down for some reason. The clips on Daily Motion don't stay forever. It is better to buy the clips you like. Producers need to know that free clips are like promotional info that the clip owners do not have to pay for.

I think they should be happy to see their clips on Daily Motion.

Dandy Jack

Free clips are not promotional. People go to dailymotion so they can watch clips for free, not because they want to see what a producer's quality is. And don't throw that "it's good marketing shit at me." I've taken enough marketing classes to know the difference between promotional and being taken advantage of. Promotional means it's on there for like a day, then you have to start buying it it you want more of the same or similar products. Dailymotion provides continuous freebies of many different producers. That' doesn't spark sales. That discourages sales! Last time I checked, that NOT good business!

Free clips are not promotional. People go to dailymotion so they can watch clips for free, not because they want to see what a producer's quality is. And don't throw that "it's good marketing shit at me." I've taken enough marketing classes to know the difference between promotional and being taken advantage of. Promotional means it's on there for like a day, then you have to start buying it it you want more of the same or similar products. Dailymotion provides continuous freebies of many different producers. That' doesn't spark sales. That discourages sales! Last time I checked, that NOT good business!
Mr NDJ:

Since I buy some of the clips I see. That makes what Daily Motion does promotional for

me. It will apply to others that preview the clips and later buy them.

Producers can't think that they can make evey dollar.

RadioHead a Rock Band offered their music for free on the internet. It was offered to

those who wanted it and for free and to those who wanted to pay.

They sold a lot of music that way.

I think Daily Motion is doing a good job. To me, they are

promoting the videos. Some will not pay...give aways is also a part of marketing.

Your marketing degree may need an update. You remind me of the guys at IBM when Bill

Gates tried to work with them. (emphasis added). They could not understand where he

was going...You perhaps cannot understand what Daily Motion is doing. I think they are

providing a great service to our community.

Your thinking is off by a lot. That's just my opinion. Maybe you should teach. In a

classroom setting what you say makes a lot of sense...just not in the real world.

I think Daily Motion is outstanding and what they do is great. You are welcomed to be

wrong and blame it on your degree. Certainly there are many flaws in education. If you

respond and admit you are a Marketing Professor...I will understand.

Dandy Jack

When it comes to digital media a favorite quote always comes to my mind; "The morality of the situation escapes me."

I would consider DM a promotional site if the clips were posted by their Copyright holders.

But as most are not, the true purpose of the site is to share material for free, and any benefits that accrue to a rights holder are a secondary or even tertiary values that are without intent.

At the basis, people are distributing others work without permission, or with knowledge of what the owner would wish for his work.

Call it what it is. Intellectual property theft.

No matter how you pretty it up, justify it, or whatever, it comes down to that.

The fact that the material is digital seems to be the disconnect for most people. If you walked into a McDonalds, sauntered around the counter picked up a burger and took a bite; "Just to see if you like it" you might face some cranky McPeople who might feel you sorta stole something. If you walked into Target, grabbed a soda from a cooler and drank it as you walked about, because "It was there to try" they might see your actions as a bit beyond legal.

Taking something that belongs to another because you can and face no real punishment for doing so does not change that it's still stealing. Virtual or real. It's theft.

If you chose to steal stuff thats your call. But also have the honesty to claim the title one deserves for doing so.

Myriads

When it comes to digital media a favorite quote always comes to my mind; "The morality of the situation escapes me."

I would consider DM a promotional site if the clips were posted by their Copyright holders.

But as most are not, the true purpose of the site is to share material for free, and any benefits that accrue to a rights holder are a secondary or even tertiary values that are without intent.

At the basis, people are distributing others work without permission, or with knowledge of what the owner would wish for his work.

The fact that the material is digital seems to be the disconnect for most people. If you walked into a McDonalds, sauntered around the counter picked up a burger and took a bite; "Just to see if you like it" you might face some cranky McPeople who might feel you sorta stole something. If you walked into Target, grabbed a soda from a cooler and drank it as you walked about, because "It was there to try" they might see your actions as a bit beyond legal.

Taking something that belongs to another because you can and face no real punishment for doing so does not change that it's still stealing. Virtual or real. It's theft.

If you chose to steal stuff thats your call. But also have the honesty to claim the title one deserves for doing so.

Myriads

I think that's a fair analysis, but I don't think it's the digital element that disconnects it from theft in people's minds. I think it's the fact that no one appears to have been deprived of anything.

Of course, what's being stolen is potential revenue. However, in the examples you give, the loss is immediate and tangible - you've taken food or drink and now it's gone. In the case of DM, copies are infinite, and all that's gone is the potential that somebody now won't make a purchase who otherwise may have.

It's not the fact that it's digitial that clouds the issue of theft, but rather, because of the fact that it's digital, the product acquired illicitly isn't removed from its rightful owner, instead, uncertain potential income is. This, I think, is the real cause of the disconnect.

Let the Court Decide

Myriads

The issue is very similar to the Napster Case. The real solution is to seek a remedy in the courts. The rule of law as decided by the courts will determine if it is stealing or not.

Anything else is just speculation. Even then a ruling can then be appealed.

It is not easy for people to consider that both sides can be correct.

Congress needs to address the issues along with the courts.

The McDonalds analogy is not exactly on point. :beathorse:

Dandy Jack

A lot of the tickling clips seemed to have been removed from daily motion, unsure if it is because they infringe on copyright issues or not?

Doesn't bother me. I bet money someone has ripped my video off of my signature, and I bet it is floating around somewhere. DAMN IT... I"ll SUE YOU! I'll SUEEEEEEEE..... Nah, just enjoy the clip. :D

Thank you! Why buy the clips if you can watch them all for free? I can see if only one clip per producer was available, but some producers have their entire catalog posted. The only way those clips get taken down is if the producers files a copyright infringement claim against each clip, and many people don't have the time to do that.

Giving out a free clip every so often IS good business.. but having all of your material available for free defeats the purpose of selling anything.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/5/2024
The TMF Welcome forum has a place for you to say hello to us! Take a moemnt and say Hi.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back