• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do You Have Children?

Amnesiac

Verified
Recently I watched Wanda Sykes on Comedy Central and she went on a tangent about children. The routine began with her statements about not wanting to have children despite the persistent nagging of her friends to have them. Humorously, she mocked them thusly:

They alsways say the same thing: "Yeah kids, you know, they a lotta work, but they're worth it." How can you believe 'em though? They never look you in tha eye when they say that, especially if they've had 'em for more than a couple years. They say "yeah kids, y'know, they a lotta work...*looking away distracted* but they worth it."

She then went on to mock parents vs. single people financially with phrases like "Oh yeah, we was gonna go to Jamaica too, but Bobby needed braces. Go on baby, smile and show 'em Jamaica, go 'head."

But I digress...

So, the questions are as follows:

1. Do You have children? (if you do not skip to #7)

2. How many?

3. All boys/girls? Mixes?

4. Can you imagine your life without them? (this doesn't mean anything psychotic, just if they were never born)

5. Is your life more enjoyable with them?

6. Would you ever want to go back to the way things were before?

7. What is the best thing about having them?

8. What is the WORST thing about them?

and finally,

9. If you do NOT have children, what are the reasons?

The reason behind this thread? None, really. Just inspired by the stand-up show and then began to wonder.

Nope

Don't have kids....probably won't anytime soon, either. Why? Not ready.

Amnesiac_m(pc) said:
1. Do You have children? (if you do not skip to #7)

and finally,

1. No.

7. Taking care of them.

8. Taking care of them.

9. Not married.

:D

1. Do You have children? Yup

2. How many?

Two

Two little girls, a 5 yr old and a 21-month old.

4. Can you imagine your life without them? (this doesn't mean anything psychotic, just if they were never born)

Yes, and I'd be absolutely miserable, wishing I had children and planning for when I did-I'm one of those people who was meant to be a parent.

Nothing was ever this much fun or felt this amazing. I really didn't know you could love someone this much, have this kind of connection. Just being out in the rain barefoot is a whole new experience these days, and playing in the snow and watching Looney Tunes....

Nope. We still do all the things we did before them, we just need a sitter for some of it. I liked being a couple but I LOVE being a family.

Wow, too many things to pick just one. Looking into their faces and seeing my mother's eyes and my husband's smile. Being able to actually *see* and *hold* a tangible, walking and talking expression of the love my husband and I share. Having Christmas and other holidays be magical again, but from the grownups point of view (seriously, eating the cookies left out for Santa while you wrap presents and watch "A Christmas Story" and drink egg nog with your spouse ROCKS). Just having a tiny voice call you 'mommy' is unbelievable, even at 3am.

The worst major thing: Angst. Knowing that you don't really control the world, and that things could happen to them-illness, injury, etc. Worrying about them when they're sick or when you're not with them is a miserable feeling; I thought worrying when I was pregnant was hard until they were running around in front of me and away from me (think missing toddler in Sam's Club. Bad, bad day :shake: ) The world is a much scarier place when little people depend on you to protect them, and you still feel like YOU need protecting sometimes.

The worst trivial thing: having to find a sitter, which can be a major deal since teenagers have better social lives these days :rolleyes:.

Having my girls made me who I am more than anything. It IS a lotta work, but believe me it IS worth it.

Bella

1. Do You have children? Yes.

2. How many? 2

3. All boys/girls? 2 girls, 20 and 15

4. Can you imagine your life without them?
- No. They are the main reason why I'm still alive.

5. Is your life more enjoyable with them? It used to be quite nerve-wrecking when they were younger, but now that they've grown up, yes, I definitely enjoy being with them.

6. Would you ever want to go back to the way things were before? No.

7. What is the best thing about having them? I feel that a little bit of myself lives on when I'm gone. They're my defintion of immortality. And I'm immensely proud of them, as they've turned out so well.

8. What is the WORST thing about them? Not seeing them frequently enough. My wife and I divorced 10 years ago, and they lived with their mother, only visiting me once a month. Now that they're older, these teenagers have other things on their mind than visiting their father. I only see them about 4-5 times a year now. That sucks, but what can you do?
Oh BTW: My feelings were exactly the same as bella's when my kids were younger.

I don't know that I could answer these questions any better than Bella did (way to go...a true Mother, indeed), but I will give a shot at answering them in my own words.

1. Do You have children? Yes

2. How many? One

3. All boys/girls? Mixes? One Daughter (age 7)

4. Can you imagine your life without them? At this point, no. She is as much a part of my life as the air I breathe and the roof over my head. My life without her would be the same as visualizing my life without either of those.

5. Is your life more enjoyable with them? Yes, it is. Gives you a reason to get up in the morning and face the day. A reason to crawl into bed at night, exhausted. And a reason to love every moment between.

6. Would you ever want to go back to the way things were before? I won't deny pre-motherhood days were fun, and there ARE those times when you want a few quiet moments, or just one hour of privacy, but my life would be so lonely and virtually worthless without her, that I simply could never fathom going back, even if given the opportunity.

7. What is the best thing about having them? That feeling of genuine, undeniable, unconditional love. To have a small face look into your eyes with the belief that you carry the world in your hands.

8. What is the WORST thing about them? As Bella said, the realization of knowing you can not be there every moment to protect them from outside influences. Knowing at any time when you're not looking they could be kidnapped, abused, hurt, murdered, maimed, injured, hit with terminal illness, etc. I truly believe there is no physical or emotional pain on earth greater than the one experienced by a parent who lost a child to such circumstances.

and finally,

9. If you do NOT have children, what are the reasons? Can't answer that one.

Mimi

We don't have kids. Part of the reason is that feeling we both have...love kids...love even more giving them back to their parents when they act up! lol Seriously, it's something that we've discussed but don't feel is right for us at this point in our lives. Since we married late and would be nearly ready for retirement by the time they got out of high school, it's not financially practical. My health is kinda....how shall I say?....sucky. So, that wouldn't bode well for having kids. We also are both kinda set in our ways and wouldn't want to cheat a child by not being prepared to provide everything necessary for a happy life. Bottom line...we don't think it would be right for us to do so. Had we found one another sooner in life and my health were better, we may have decided otherwise.

Ann

Do I want a child? Yes. Very much. I have been thinking about it a lot lately. I do not want an infant though. I would love to either adopt a child that is no younger than 2 or meet a single daddy with a young child.

No matter what I do, I want the right man first.

1. Do You have children? Yes

2. How many? One

3. All boys/girls? Mixes? Male... aged (are you really ready for this?) He's 33

4. Can you imagine your life without them? Absolutely not. He's my very best friend as well as being my son.

5. Is your life more enjoyable with them? Absolutely. I got into racing as a way to provide him with something to do where he would be around guy and learn guy things. Now we have two racecars in the garage and that's a huge part of my life as well as his.

6. Would you ever want to go back to the way things were before? Well he was born when I was 16 so there wasn't much before to go back to! LOL but no. I can't imagine life without him in it.

7. What is the best thing about having them? Experiencing the wonders of life through the eyes of a child. Watching them explore that little grasshopper or hearing them laugh when they get kissed by a puppy. I think I learned just as much as he did.

8. What is the WORST thing about them? That he and his beloved haven't given me any grandchildren yet. But the wedding is coming soon!

Between Tracy and I we have 5. Only our little one lives with us. She has a boy and a girl as do I by previous marriages. They range in ages from 3.5 to 17. We get them together as often as possible and are like extended family with our ex's. (very lucky;) )

I will address the best thing about my little one...watching his face light up as he comes up with the answer to some question or (to him) earth shattering problem that must be solved. The look of
satisfaction is unsurpassed.

At age 48 I have been given the chance to relive parts of my childhood long forgotten..and to experience life's pains, pleasures,and mysteries through the eyes of a child once again.
What an experience. Helps keep me young.

There is no life without him so I do not imagine one nor would I trade him in for anything on this world or any other. Even when he becomes the nastiest kid on the planet lol (when he is cranky)

The worst thing about him is the look he gets when he proves me wrong..and he KNOWS it......

Ven

Ditto, babe, could not have said any of it better. :)

Bella.. you make me feel bad.. I spent most of my childhood being held in store offices while they paged my mother.. I could get away from her anywhere, as long as there were no shopping carts.. Always wondered why she went gray so early.. :(

venraya said:
Ditto, babe, could not have said any of it better. :)

Bella.. you make me feel bad.. I spent most of my childhood being held in store offices while they paged my mother.. I could get away from her anywhere, as long as there were no shopping carts.. Always wondered why she went gray so early.. :(

After that one day, I bought a Baby Leash. Don't laugh, it works: it's just a leash on one end and a tiny fanny-pack on the other that holds a few little toys for them, but they can't get it off and they can NOT get away. My toddler uses it now and it's worth the funny looks from strangers for the piece of mind :)

Bella

< I><B> Amnesiac_m(pc) wrote:</B> "... 9. If you do NOT have children, what are the reasons?..."</I>

Because I'm not married.

E-mail address is available to all registered TMF members, especially the girls.

I have 1.2 bazilliongazillion dollars, I'm 19 years old, and I look like those radioactive steroid mutants on the covers of the magazines that you see in the grocery stores (always next to the junk food and candy sections) except that my face looks like the hollywood hunks; e.g., skin so smooth and perfect that you wonder how I have normal bodily functions and so on, hair that looks like a horse's mane, and perfectly proportioned facial features that cause inferiority complexes among everyone, men and women. Not only that, but I know exactly how to satisfy a woman's deep desire and craving for prolonged tickling. Oh I forgot to mention my IQ of 250, and my lineage of ancestors (going back 17 generations) who all live to be 125 years old (without ever experiencing a degenerative disease of any kind) while keeping their mental acuity and physical proportions and abilities.

But, here I am, still single,,, E-mail available in the member's area.

Nope:I don't have any kids or a wife,for I'm completely single,able to enjoy the pursuit of finding nubile maidens to tickle(without any family hassles).

1. No, thank gosh.
7. I have no idea.
8. The education quagmire.
9. I do not have the patience, money, or time to devote to raising children at this point in my life. I prefer bunnies :bunny:

Children?

1. Do You have children? Yes I do!

2. How many? 3

3. All boys/girls? Mixes? Alllllllll boys!

Actually, yes I can. I don't mean for this to be a horrible thing, but I would probably have my cycle license right now and driving my Harley. lol. Then I would realize that at this time, my biological clock has run out of time and then I would be wishing that I could have children. I would miss them terribly if I turned back time and not have them.

I honestly think my life would be where it is now. I have an exciting life with and without them, so much so that I could have a soap opera about my life or write a book. There is never a dull moment in my life. It is family night on Friday nights and we enjoy this so much. This is where I would rather be than going out, getting drunk and spending my night somewhere where I wouldn't want to be the next morning, or did something that I would regret later in life.

No matter how hard things are right now, I would not if I had the chance.

They always bring joy to my life. Everyday something changes and it is the most treasured times in my life. My oldest(13yrs) is becoming an artist and an electrician. My middle one(11yrs) is the football star, and my little one(4.5yrs), well...he is the explorer and the movie critic. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Well, the teenage years. I have one that hit them now and the other two are acting just like him. lol. Changing diapers is the only thing I can really say.

So, the questions are as follows:

1. Do You have children? (if you do not skip to #7
yes.

2. How many?

3 girls, 1 boy.

no, i don't even want to think about it.

they are what is keeping me alive. my reason to wake up each morning.

not just no, but hell no!

the fun of doing things with them, and helping them conqure new goals.

tough to tickle at night ,due to noise, lol.

and finally,

n/a

The reason behind this thread? None, really. Just inspired by the stand-up show and then began to wonder.
[/B][/QUOTE]

njjen3953 said:
Do I want a child? Yes. Very much. I have been thinking about it a lot lately. I do not want an infant though. I would love to either adopt a child that is no younger than 2 or meet a single daddy with a young child.

No matter what I do, I want the right man first.

So, are there any single dads out there looking for a female lee? Contact me. ;)

Jen
[email protected]

1. Do You have children? - Yes

2. How many?- one

3. All boys/girls? Mixes? - she's a beautiful lady, 30-years-old

4. Can you imagine your life without them? (this doesn't mean anything psychotic, just if they were never born) - No.

5. Is your life more enjoyable with them? - Absolutely, beyond any doubt. She is grown and gone, of course. She lives on the east coast, where she grew up, and I live in the midwest. Her mother and I divorced when she was 5, and I moved away.

I didn't have the usual visitation, but actually it worked out better this way. I got to have her come visit for the entire summer from the time we divorced until she turned 16. By that time she'd developed a full life at her home and (with much trepidation on both our parts) we ceased the three-month visitation cycle and settled for a couple of weeks every year or so, plus my visits back east every Christmas. When I came east she'd come stay at my mom's house with me throughout the length of my visit. She continued this practice even when she lived with a boyfriend.

6. Would you ever want to go back to the way things were before? - No! Most definately not.

7. What is the best thing about having them? - There are so many things, I guess I could touch on a few highlights.

Christmas morning when she was a tyke. The wide-eyed wonder of seeing presents under the tree.

My heart swelling with pride as our annual visits continued, and I saw the developement of a beautiful, kind, considerate young woman blossom from the wonderful child she had been.

The closeness we shared even as she became an adult. She felt like she could tell me anything - and she did. The love I felt when as both an adolescent and a young adult she came to me with problems and sought my advice. Knowing you have your child's respect, now THAT'S priceless!

8. What is the WORST thing about them? - Knowing that each of us must suffer some pain in life, and knowing that your child is not going to be an exception to this rule of humanity. Other than supporting and comforting them, there's nothing you can do to help them.

:wiseowl:

What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back