• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

does a person need a certain personality to be a tickler?

SadCuzNotTcklsh

2nd Level Red Feather
I'm sure we all know or have met someone who is a vanilla, and fantasize about them tickling us or tickling them.
But do you ever classify someone as being "too nice" to be a tickler. Do you think a tickler needs a little bit of "evil" in them to tickle someone?

So do you know people who you would consider "too vanilla" or "too nice" to ever tickle torture someone and you just can't picture them in a tickling scene? Is there any hope in converting those types? or does a person need a "mean" side to them?

:runningdog:

Id think a tickler would be someone with a great sense of humor, somewhat goofy, and somewhat outgoing. I can never picture a serious person as a tickler. sounds rather bland.

The only type of person I would know who would never want to be a tickler (or being tickled) is perhaps a person who had a traumatic tickling experience as a child. I've heard of it happening before

Id think a tickler would be someone with a great sense of humor, somewhat goofy, and somewhat outgoing. I can never picture a serious person as a tickler. sounds rather bland.

This exactly. Serious people would make better lees, haha. I'd love to break them! :p

Well Smeg, I am quite a serious person. Deadly serious. Nothing but. Yep...... :shake:

I would assume people into tickling / being tickled come in all shapes and sizes and we cover the whole spectrum of personalities. We're a diverse bunch I've found. :D

It always seems like inveterate ticklers are pretty cheerful, sunny people. People who are lively and playful in other respects, and tickling others is just another expression of that tendency. That's why I was shocked when my frenemy Sarah turned out to be a tickler -- she's such a serious, weighty, intellectual person, scornful of frivolity. I literally did not see it coming.

I am almost always upbeat and I'm a pretty sensitive guy, however, I do have a sadistic streak when it comes to tickling. If I had a 'lee that was willing to be tickled mercilessly, I would have no problem torturing the hell out of her. I would enjoy it!

@Wade Maybe this is a little bit offtopic, but what kind of person in real-life is frenemy? What kind of relationship is that? In fiction I know that, for example, The Doctor and The Master from Doctor Who are frenemies, but in real life?

I don't think there's just one specific kind of personality you need to be a tickler, but there are certain kinds of ticklers that not everybody is suited to be. I, myself, am a gentle soul, one who is pathologically afraid of hurting people physically or emotionally. I, therefore, could never, ever, ever be a dominating, sadistic, cruel tickler. Not in real life, anyway... XD
No, I'd probably be an annoying tickler for some people, stopping regularly to ask if they're alright, insisting on a safeword, even if the 'lee has no intention of using it... >w>

Yes, I am almost that same kind of tickler as archnid95. I really don't want to hurt others (emotionally and physically of course too) and sometimes I'm wonder why I am tickling equivalent of sadist from bdsm community if I don't have dominant personality. And quite frankly, I don't have even slightest site of domination personality outside of tickling.

I don't really think there is any typical one "tickler personality", just like with other fantasies. I am a very nice guy, yet I do have this rather extreme sadistic side to my fantasies. I've know shy and introvert ticklers, others outgoing and outspoken. I've known a tickler who is a total geek working in IT for a big firm, another one who's a stage actor and displays at all times the bravado of a Shakespearian character. Really I did not observe any traits that would be common to all.

However, interestingly enough, since I have been living abroad, I have met a lot of people among the expat community. You wouldn't believe how many of them, especially in the diplomatic sector, are openly into BDSM and other domination fantasies. I wonder if that somewhat relates to their education, upbringing, or very particular status. Their openness towards it may stem from the fact that they are away from home and feel more "free"; a phenomenon also observed among foreign students.

@Wade Maybe this is a little bit offtopic, but what kind of person in real-life is frenemy? What kind of relationship is that? In fiction I know that, for example, The Doctor and The Master from Doctor Who are frenemies, but in real life?

It's like someone in your social circle, someone you socialize with, but with whom you have sort of an antagonistic relationship.

It's interesting to me to see a few people in this thread bring up not wanting to hurt people. When I think about the definition of hurting someone within tickling I think of poking too hard/digging in too hard... or the person may be getting uncomfortable in the position I put them in. Or the restraints might be getting too tight.

Playful VS Sadism
The actual Sadism comes into play for me when I will exploit someone's ticklish spots repeatedly. I try not to wear the spots out. If anything I try to make someone even more ticklish. My goal is to make someone laugh so much and become so ticklish that they border if not completely fall into hysteria. (Hysterical laugher/extreme ticklishness.) So... I believe (just my opinion.) everyone into tickling has at least a mild form of sadism... the difference to me is the amount of time you tickle someone, and how far you want to drive up someone's ticklishness. So maybe a different way to look at this is where someone falls on the Sadism scale. On a 1-10 scale I would say I'm a 10. I would joyfully tickle someone for hours and hours/days if they didn't safe word. (With breaks for both of us.) Do I have it in me to tickle someone beyond their limit. Hell yes. Do I? Only if they will let me. I would want the person to come back and play again lol.

If I were to say what the opposite end of the tickling sadism scale might look like say if I imagine I was a 2 let's say. I would think that meant I like poking someone for a few minutes... maybe 20 mins even. Or maybe MORE deeper tickling but... Probably no bondage. And I MIGHT enjoy them fighting back. And as soon as their laughter hit a certain pitch or I got them giggling for a short but ideal amount of time... that would be enough for me. That would constitute in my eyes "playful Sadism". I wouldn't be out to "break someone". Or... laughing so uncontrollably it might result in hysteria, crying, peeing themselves etc. So as I write this I probably fall more as a 9. Having someone pee themselves while the thought may be fairly hot... I'd rather untie someone and just let them use the restroom. But I have yet to find such a ticklish person that I could try this out on. I would be willing though at least once. So... 9-10 on the Sadism scale for me.

Thoughts?

It's interesting to me to see a few people in this thread bring up not wanting to hurt people. When I think about the definition of hurting someone within tickling I think of poking too hard/digging in too hard

When I was younger, I dated a gal whose previous boyfriend was an abuser, and used to mercilessly tickle her in order to "keep her in line". She'd made the occasional passing reference to the time he pinned her down on the floor of a subway station and tickled her until she couldn't breathe, and that she eventually took to growing her nails long so that she could defend herself by scratching him when he tried.

Another gal I chatted with once told me that Jung (of the Carl variety) theorized that the tickle fetish was really just "suppressed rape fantasies".

That's what I think of when I think of hurting people in the context of tickling.

If someone don't know what hurting in contest of tickling mean, then ask yourself: "why so many people in community still use safe words if tickling can't be hurting (except to hard poking/digging...)?"

Most of the people who've tickled me have been fundamentally playful, but a couple of them have had distinct mean streaks -- or, in a couple of instances, a general lack of empathy. Now that I think about it there is kind of a difference between the majority who enjoy the spectacle of my ticklishness as a playful game, versus the handful whose enjoyment of that spectacle is either completely numb to the experience of my suffering or gets an edge of enjoyment from that suffering. Those are the ones who, if they get you into a vulnerable position, are less likely to stop when you're about to go around the bend. But because of the giggly, amusing, socially acceptable qualities for tickling they can smuggle those tendencies in under the more playful umbrella.

(Just to clarify: thank goodness, I've never been at the mercy of someone who turned genuinely abusive.)

I don't think it is possible to determine typical personality of tickler since, as in many things in life, different people can do the same job. I connect tickling mostly to playful personality, everything else is just addition to that and could differ from person to person. Do you need something "evil" to be a tickler? No, you don't. Someone could argue you need to have at least a little bit of sadism to enjoy tickling experience when putting someone in discomfort. But, mostly playful nature, yeah. If someone is not playful, I can hardly imagine him doing the tickling.

I can never picture a serious person as a tickler.

Someone overly serious tickling me would freak me the hell out.

Imagine looking up into a stone cold face.
Brow furled.
Teeth gritted.
Tight lipped.
Beady little eyes dark with concentration.

Wiggling their fingers like they're disarming a bomb and shit.

I'd want them off of me.
Gives me the heebies just thinking about it.

The thing about tickling is that it is this peculiar combination of both playfulness and wickedness. And I think the variety of personalities that are attracted to tickling occupy all the different points on that spectrum, with playfulness at one end and wickedness (or whatever we want to call it) at the other. But always these two elements are there. Few other things in life have that weird combination...sex is possibly the only other contender...

Someone overly serious tickling me would freak me the hell out.

Imagine looking up into a stone cold face.
Brow furled.
Teeth gritted.
Tight lipped.
Beady little eyes dark with concentration.

Wiggling their fingers like they're disarming a bomb and shit.

I'd want them off of me.
Gives me the heebies just thinking about it.

LOL me too! :roflmao:

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back